How to Turn on and off End-to-End Encrypted Backups
WhatsApp provides end-to-end encryption to ensure that only you and the contacts you are speaking with can see the contents of your messages.
How to turn on end-to-end encrypted backups:
- Open "Settings".
- Tap "Chats" > "Chat Backup" > "End-to-end encrypted backup.
- Click "Turn on", and follow the prompts to create a passphrase or key.
- Click "Create", and WhatsApp will start doing an end-to-end encrypted backup of your WhatsApp content.
This process can be lengthy and it is recommended that you connect your device to a power source.
NOTE: If you cannot check your WhatsApp conversations and forget your password or key, you will not be able to restore your backup data. WhatsApp cannot reset your password, nor can it restore backup data for you.
How to turn off end-to-end encrypted backups
- Open "Settings".
- Tap "Chats" > "Chat Backup" > "End-to-End Encrypted Backup".
- Tap "Turn Off" .
- Enter the password.
- Click "Turn Off" to confirm that you want to disable end-to-end encryption.
Ask Our Support Team for Help
If you still fail to fix the issue by following the methods above, you can contact us via the email: email@example.com with the following information:
- What's the operating system of your computer?
- What's your phone model and its operating system?
- Capture the program screen that you stop and send the picture to us. (To capture the screen, Windows users can press "Print Screen SysRq" key on your keyboard and then click on "Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint > press ctrl + V to paste the screenshot".)
For other problems about the software connection, installation or use, you can go to the Product FAQ page to find the solutions.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Videos from Android & iPhone?
How to Back Up WhatsApp from iPhone to PC? It's as Easy as Pie
How to Move WhatsApp Data to SD Card?
How to Access WhatsApp Backup on Local, Google Drive, iCloud, etc.?
3 Ways to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Android Gallery