4 Creative Ways to Remove Duplicate Songs/Music from Android Phone
You just downloaded or transferred some music from other platforms to your Android phone, only to find some duplicate music tracks. Then you might want to identify and clean redundant versions, especially when the Android internal storage is full. Well, any tips on how to remove duplicate songs from Android phones? Check out this post to learn the possible solutions, and you won't hear a song over and over again in a playlist shortly.
For those with a small arrange of repetitions in your playlists, it's easy to remove duplicate songs on your phone directly. Here's how to delete duplicate songs on Android manually:
- Tap the native media player to get into the main interface.
- Select the "Files" where you can browse root folders.
- Go through "/mnt/sdcard/Music" and search for the music file.
- Be sure that you enter a path saying "sdcard".
- Figure out the way to multi-select on your Android phone and press the "trash" bin. (Where's the Recycle Bin on Android?)
- As a prompt asks for verification, choose "Delete".
- When you have an empty folder as below, you can return to the main entrance.
- Resume the app and scroll down your playlists to check whether duplicate music still appears.
Click to Know:
- Ultimate Guide on How to Recover Deleted Songs/Music from Android
- [SOLVED] 5 Ways to Sync Music Between Android Phone/Tablet and Computer
If your Android phone has a lot of music on the list, it is difficult to go through them directly on the cellphone, let alone find and delete the duplicate ones. Here we bring you a program - MobiKin Assistant for Android (Win and Mac) that can help quickly scan and display all the music files on a computer. After that, you can easily preview and select the duplications by checking the "Duration", "Size", "Format", "Artist", "Date Created", etc., along with the "Name".
Assistant for Android - Best Android music manager:
- Remove duplicate songs from Android phone flexibly.
- Add or export Android music easily.
- With just one click on it, you can quickly back up and restore Android data.
- Transfer files between Android and PC/Mac.
- An all-in-one Android desktop manager.
- Work for items like contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, and documents.
- Apply to almost all Android devices, containing Samsung, Huawei, Sony, Motorola, Xiaomi, Google, Vivo, HTC, OnePlus, OPPO, LG, etc.
- It won't interfere with your privacy.
How do I delete duplicate songs on my Android via Assistant for Android?
Step 1. Link your Android phone to your computer
Run Assistant for Android on a computer after the free download and installation. Then link the device to the system via a USB cable. The program will recognize your phone and display it on its main window.
Step 2. Remove duplicate songs from Android phone
Click on the "Music" menu from the left sidebar, and you'll see all your Android audio files on the right. Next, please view and select the duplicate songs you want to remove before tapping "Delete" from the menu bar to get rid of them.
Files by Google is a wonderful tool to empty your devices or delete superfluous content. After the deletion, the app will get them into the trash and remove them permanently after 30 days. Next, let's how to do duplicate songs removal with Files by Google:
- On your Android phone, run Files by Google.
- Tap on "Clean" at the bottom.
- Tap "Select files" from the "Duplicate files".
- Choose the items you wish to remove.
- Click "Delete" at the bottom of the page.
- Tap "Delete" at the confirmation dialog.
Tips: In general, Files by Google marks the original files on its page with "original" badges. It is recommended to keep your original file there.
- Android Music Backup: Different Ways to Back Up Android Songs
- 5 Simple Ways to Transfer Music from Android to Android
Duplicates Cleaner is among the plenty of programs on the market to remove multiple files, including photos, videos, music, audio, etc. However, it is occupied by ads and won't always play functions on all duplication cleaning. Now, let's see how to remove duplicate songs from Android phones by Duplicates Cleaner:
- Get Duplicates Cleaner on your phone before installing it.
- After that, a dialogue will appear; please press the "Allow" button.
- Hit the "Duplicates Cleaner" sign.
- A list of options will pop up, from which you can scan pictures, videos, audio, documents, settings, etc.
- Click "Scan Duplicate Audio".
- All the duplicated songs will be scanned out; you can review all the outcomes.
- Mark the check-box nearby the items to select the duplicates.
- Lastly, tap the trash icon to remove the duplicates.
The Bottom Line
Compared with an Android phone, a computer is always convenient for you to view and select duplicate music. This is because the latter has a larger screen and makes it easier to preview, with the mouse being more accurate in positioning items. Therefore, if you have tons of songs to delete, MobiKin Assistant for Android is your first choice. Further, this program serves as a decent Android contact manager, SMS controller, music assistant, app manipulator, etc. So, just give the software a download, and you are gonna love it.