6 Proven Ways to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 15/14/13/12/11/X/8
Mobile phones house our most cherished information, including contact lists, which have evolved into a digital address book holding the key to our connections. But what happens when switching from an Android to an iPhone? How do you ensure that those vital contact details seamlessly make the journey to your new device?
The answers lie in understanding "how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone". Well, we will explore six options to ensure your contact list effortlessly finds its new home on your iPhone. Just read on before making the migration stress-free.
- Option 1: How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 15 via Transfer for Mobile [Timesaving]
- Option 2: How to Import Contacts from Android to iPhone 15 via Move to iOS
- Option 3: How to Transfer Phone Numbers from Android to iPhone 15 via Google Account
- Option 4: How to Get Contacts from Android to iPhone 15 via iTunes
- Option 5: How to Move Contacts from Android to iPhone 15 with vCard File
- Option 6: How to Send Contacts from Android to iPhone 15 with SIM Card
- FAQs on Contact Transfer from Android to iPhone
Some individuals prefer to employ a USB connection to link two phones and subsequently utilize specialized software to directly transfer contacts. This method offers the advantage of ensuring both rapid data transfer and data privacy.
As a prominent player in the realm of mobile tools, MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Windows and Mac) has been committed to facilitating file transfers for numerous years. Its comprehensive support for data transmission and robust, reliable software design have garnered it a substantial following and the admiration of many users.
What can MobiKin Transfer for Mobile do for you?
- Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone without difficulty.
- Be proficient in data transfer from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
- Quickly and seamlessly move various data types, including contacts, SMS, call history, music, videos, photos, apps, notes, books, and more.
- Free trial, navigational interface, and worry-free outcome.
- Work well with almost all mobile phones/tablets, including Samsung Galaxy, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, Xperia, Google, Motorola, OnePlus, HTC, iPhone 15/15 Plus/15 Pro (Max), iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro (Max), iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't disclose your privacy.
How to transfer my contacts from Android to iPhone 15 with MobiKin Transfer for Mobile?
Step 1. Link Android and iPhone devices to your computer
Begin by installing and launching the phone-to-phone transfer software on your computer. Connect both devices to the computer through USB. Next, adhere to the on-screen instructions to ensure the tool recognizes them.
Step 2. Ensure both devices are in place
Once the recognition completes, ensure that the Android device appears as the source phone on the left side and the iPhone as the destination phone on the other side. If not, simply click the "Flip" button in the center of the interface to switch their positions.
Step 3. Transfer contacts from Android to iPhone
Select "Contacts" from the options available. Once your choices are made, click "Start Copy" to commence the data transfer from Android to iPhone. Be sure to maintain the USB cable connections until the task is completed.
Click to Explore:
- 8 Best Contact Recovery Software/Apps for Android [Few People Know]
- How to Sync iPhone to Mac Wirelessly or with Wires? [Answered]
Move to iOS has the capability to transfer various data, including contacts, messages, camera photos, videos, web bookmarks, email accounts, and calendars. If you've already finished setting up your new iPhone, consult the provided guide for instructions on how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 15 via Wi-Fi using Move to iOS:
- When setting up your iPhone, select "Move Data from Android".
- On your Android device, open the "Move to iOS" app and tap "Continue".
- Agree to the terms, and tap "Next".
- On your iPhone, tap "Continue" and wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to be displayed.
- On Android, enter the provided code and wait for the "Transfer Data" screen to appear.
- Choose the data items, such as contacts, that you want to transfer to your iPhone.
- Tap "Next" and wait for the data transfer to complete.
- After that, tap "Done" on your Android phone and tap "Continue Setting Up iPhone" on the recipient. (Move to iOS did not transfer contacts?)
Note: Can you transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using Move to iOS if you already set the iDevice up? No! The "Move to iOS" app is for transferring data from an Android to a new iPhone during the initial setup. But if your target device is already set up, you can still manually transfer some data from your Android device.
As you back up your Android contacts Google account and store them in the cloud, you can access your contacts from various devices, including your iPhone, as long as you're signed into your Google account. Please note that ensure a reliable internet connection for this seamless experience.
How to export contacts from Android to iPhone 15 using your Google account?
- Unlock your Android phone, access "Settings", and navigate to "Account & Sync".
- Select "Google" before logging in with your Google account.
- Enable the "Sync Contacts" option, and this action will back up your Android contacts to your Google account.
- Afterward, go to your iPhone's "Settings" and go to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
- Select "Add Account", opt for Google, and log in with your Gmail account.
- Turn on the "Contacts" option and save the settings. This will automatically import all your Google contacts to your iPhone.
Sometimes, you might have duplicate contacts after the transfer. Use the "Link Contacts" or "Merge Contacts" feature in your iPhone's Contacts app to clean up any duplicates.
iTunes, which isn't compatible with the Android system, may not transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. Nevertheless, a handy tool called MobiKin Backup Manager for Android (Win and Mac) enables you to initially move your Android contacts to your computer before allowing you to sync them to your iPhone using iTunes. Further, this tool isn't limited to contacts; it also facilitates the transfer of media files, text messages, and various other content.
How to share contacts from Android to iPhone 15 using iTunes?
- Download MobiKin Backup Manager for Android onto your computer.
- Use a USB cable or Wi-Fi to link your Android device to the machine.
- When your phone is recognized, go for "Backup" from the main window.
- Choose "Contacts" and click "Browser" to specify a location.
- Click "Back Up" to save all contacts on this computer.
- Begin by launching iTunes and connecting your iPhone device via USB.
- Subsequently, click on the "device" icon and opt for "Info".
- Select "Sync Contacts" and choose "Windows Contacts" from the provided menu.
- Finally, click "Apply" to sync your Windows Contacts with your iPhone.
You Could Be Interested in:
- 4 Brilliant Techniques to Delete Contacts on Android Phone
- How to Troubleshoot Contacts Not Showing Up on iPhone? [Must-read]
This approach entails exporting your Android contacts and then transferring the export to your iPhone. It's a convenient choice if some of your contacts aren't stored in a Google account or if you prefer to transfer only a select few contacts.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 15/14/13 via vCard File?
- Run the Contacts app on the Android smartphone.
- Head over to the upper right corner and touch the "Menu" button.
- From the dropdown list, select "Import/export".
- On the pop-up window, choose "Export to .vcf file" to export contacts to a VCF file from Android.
- After the export process is finished, find the VCF file on your phone.
- If you can't locate it easily, you can use your Android file browser to search for it.
- Tap the "menu" sign and pick the "Share" option.
- There are various sharing methods available, but one of the easiest is through email.
- Get the file out to your email address.
- Now, switch to your iPhone and access the email you just sent. Download the attached file, including all the contact info you just sent.
It's possible to use your Android SIM card as a conduit for transferring contacts, but this method can be less convenient because it necessitates physically swapping SIM cards between the phones. Therefore, make sure that the SIM card in your Android phone is compatible with your iPhone.
How to sync contacts from Android to iPhone 15 via a SIM card?
- Open the Contacts app on your Android and access the menu.
- Proceed to "Import/Export" > "Export to SIM card". (How to import contacts to Android from SIM?)
- Take out your SIM card and insert it into your iPhone.
- Navigate to "Settings" and select "Contacts" on the target device.
- Choose "Import SIM Contacts".
- If prompted, specify the location on your iPhone where you want to import your contacts.
- Wait for your iPhone to complete the import of your SIM card contacts.
Q1: Is it possible to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth?
It's an older question, but the answer remains the same: No, you can't transfer contacts from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth, even if the devices are paired.
Q2: Are there any risks of data loss when transferring contacts?
Data loss is minimal if you follow the correct transfer methods. Therefore, always ensure you have backups before initiating any transfer.
To sum up, the following is sufficient to give you a comprehensive understanding of this passage:
- MobiKin Transfer for Mobile makes it a lot easier to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 15 with just a single click. It's possible that you have no knowledge of it until the transfer is completed so quickly.
- The "Move to iOS" app is typically intended for use during the initial setup of your iPhone.
- It's convenient to sync contacts from Android to iPhone 15 via Google account. But by syncing contacts in this way, you might feel locked into using Google services.
- iTunes cannot transfer contacts from Android to iPhone on its own. Before that, you need to use a tool to move the items to your computer first.
- You can copy individual contacts using a vCard file. Yet, this does not apply to transferring a large number of contacts.
- Before using a SIM card to move contacts, make sure the card matches both devices and use appropriate tools to remove and reinsert the card.