How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android? - Top 5 Ways
Photos always contain some of our precious memories, so when you switch from an iPhone to an Android device, you must want to transfer photos from iPhone to Android, right? Fortunately, this is an easy task to complete now and you have different choices to transfer the pictures, including using MobiKin Transfer for Mobile, USB cable, Send Anywhere, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
Some of you may also be interested in:
- iCloud Photos to Android: How to Transfer Photos from iCloud to Android?
- Top 5 Ways on How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
Now let's start learning how to transfer photos from iPhone to Android in details!
- Option 1. Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android via MobiKin Transfer for Mobile
- Option 2. Transfer Pictures from iPhone to Android by Drag-and-drop
- Option 3. Send Pictures from iPhone to Android via Send Anywhere
- Option 4. Send Photos from iPhone to Android Using Google Drive
- Option 5. Copy Photos from iPhone to Android with Dropbox
MobiKin Transfer for Mobile is one of the best options to transfer pictures from iPhone to Android. Transfer for Mobile is a professional phone transfer tool that enables you to transfer data from one phone to another with one simple click. No matter you want to transfer files from iPhone to Android, from Android to iPhone, from iPhone to iPhone or from Android to Android, this program can help you complete the transfer without any hassle. What's more important, the file types it supports to transfer are various, such as photos, videos, music, contacts, text messages, call logs and much more.
Thus, when you plan to exchange files between 2 mobile phones, you can take this software into consideration. You can first take a free trial of the tool by clicking the icon below:
Now let's see how to transfer pictures from iPhone to Android with one simple click:
- Download, install and launch the iPhone to Android transfer software on your computer.
- Connect both your mobile phones to the computer and make them recognized.
- Check if your iPhone is the source device. If not, please click on "Flip" to change its position.
- Now mark the "Photos" option listed in the middle menu and click on "Start Copy" to move pictures from iPhone to Android.
Drag-and-drop is no doubt one of the simplest ways to transfer pictures to android from an iPhone if you prefer to do it manually. As the name suggests, you'll have to drag the photos from the source iPhone and drop them to the Android device using a computer. You'll, therefore, need a Windows or Mac computer and USB cables for it to work.
Although this method is fast and easy, it depends on the sizes of the photos. If you have large images, you may have to transfer them from iPhone to computer before moving them to their final destination. A direct drag-and-drop may lead to delays or even failure.
The followings are the details on how to copy photos from iPhone to Android by drag-and-drop:
- Use two USB cables to connect both your iPhone and Android device to the computer in use.
- Follow the prompts to make 2 devices recognized by the computer and find them out by going to "This PC" > "Devices and drives"/"Portable Devices".
- Open the devices in separate windows by right-clicking each one and selecting "Open in new window".
- Go to "DCIM" folder in the iPhone's window then choose the pictures you want.
- Open the folder where you want to keep the pictures on the Android's interface.
- Drag the pictures from iPhone to Android. You can choose to drag multiple pictures at once or select them one by one.
With Send Anywhere App, you can be sure that your files including pictures will reach your Android device from your iPhone safely. This application allows you to transfer different kinds of files between 2 mobile phones without a computer. That is to say, to complete the transfer by using this App, you needn't prepare any other tools but 2 mobile phones.
Steps to transfer photos from iPhone to Android using Send Anywhere:
- Download, install and run the Send Anywhere App on both your smart phones.
- Tap on the "Send" button on your iPhone to set it as the sender device.
- Then choose "Photo" from the listed file types and go on to select the pictures you want to send.
- Click on "Send" and you will then get a PIN and QR code for the receiver. (The PIN and QR code will expire after 10 minutes.)
- Tap the "Receive" option on your Android phone and then enter the PIN or scan the QR code displayed on your iPhone to start transferring the selected photos.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Android, Google Drive is also a good option. This is one of the easiest ways especially if you already have a Google account. By using this way, you'll have to first upload the pictures from iPhone to Google Drive and then download them to your Android device. This may sound less direct but it is easy to complete actually.
Guide on how to send pictures from iPhone to Android by Google Drive:
- Launch the Google Drive App on your iPhone and log into your Google account.
- Click on the "+" icon and select "Upload".
- Choose the pictures that you want to move to Android and tap on "Upload".
- Now open the Google Drive on your Android device and sign in to the same Google account.
- Find out the images that you have uploaded just now and download them to your mobile phone.
Dropbox is another service that empowers you to transfer photos from iPhone to Android without computer. Also, to copy pictures from iPhone to Android via Dropbox, all you need is an account, internet connection and the items you want to transfer. Even without the Dropbox App, you can still use the website and enjoy all the features. But here, downloading and installing the App is recommended.
Here is how to move photos from iPhone to Android using Dropbox:
- Launch Dropbox App on your iPhone and log in with your Dropbox account.
- Click on the "..." icon and choose "Upload file" from the menu.
- Choose and mark the images that you want to transfer and hit "Upload" to upload the selected photos from iPhone to Dropbox.
- Next, open Dropbox and log into the same account using your Android phone.
- Find the uploaded items and click on "Download" to move them to your Android device.
The Bottom Line
All these methods are great and, in most cases, will allow you to transfer photos from iPhone to Android effortlessly. However, these methods inevitably have their own limitations so you need to choose the applicable one based on your need. If you want to select the most effective one, our suggestion is - MobiKin Transfer for Mobile. With it, you can easily solve the majority of transfer problems.