4 Reliable Methods to Unlock Apple ID without Phone Number
Q: I created my Apple ID long time ago, recently my ID has been locked for security reason, I can remember answers to security questions and my email add is still valid but I can't remember the phone no. that I used. I tried to unlock my Apple ID but it needs to enter phone number, how can I unlock Apple ID without phone number?
Apple has taken some strict measures to protect the security of your account and device data. For example, some improper operations will lock your Apple ID. This undoubtedly provides a guarantee for account security, but what if you accidentally lock your account?
By default, you can unlock your Apple ID by using a trusted phone number, email ID, or security question. Now, what if you forget or change your phone number? Then you need to know how to unlock Apple ID without phone number.
- Part 1: The Reasons Why Your Apple ID is Locked or Disabled?
- Part 2: Unlock Apple ID without Phone Number Using Two-Factor Authentication [40% Success Rate]
- Part 3: Unlock Apple ID without Mobile Number Using Account Recovery Key [20% Success Rate]
- Part 4: Unlock Apple ID without Trusted Phone Number via iforgot.apple.com [10% Success Rate]
- Part 5: Unlock Apple ID without Phone Number/Security Questions/Email [100% Success Rate]
Before starting to learn how to unlock Apple account without phone number, let's first understand the reason why Apple ID is locked. Knowing the reason can prevent the Apple ID from being locked again in the future.
Reason 1: Wrong password
If you enter the wrong password on your device multiple times to log in to your Apple ID, it will trigger Apple to lock the Apple ID to protect your account security. This is the most common factor that causes Apple ID to be locked.
Reason 2: Wrong answers to the security questions
If you enter the wrong answers to the security questions multiple times, your Apple ID will be locked.
In short, as long as you enter incorrect information about your Apple account multiple times on an Apple device or on the Apple website, it may cause the account to be locked by Apple.
- How to Reset Restriction Passcode on iPhone 11/11 Pro/XR/XS?
- How to Erase iPhone/iPad without Passcode
One of the ways to unlock icloud account without phone number is to use the two-factor authentication system. It can ensure that you are the only person who can access your account, so it provides additional security for your Apple ID. Let's see how to use two-factor authentication to unlock locked Apple ID without phone number on iPhone or Mac.
Situation 1. Unlock Your Apple ID on iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to "Settings > Your name > Password & Security", and choose "Change Password" to continue.
- Enter the iPhone screen passcode.
- After the verification, enter a new passcode to change your Apple ID password.
Situation 2. Unlock Your Apple ID on Mac
- Click the Apple logo in the menu bar in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select the "Apple ID" option located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click "Password & Security" and then select "Change password".
- Now, you can set a new password for your Apple ID.
Another way to open iCloud account without phone number is using an account recovery key. It can unlock Apple ID without security questions, email or phone number. But only if you have set up the two-step verification on your Apple device in advance.
Here is how to get into Apple ID without phone number by using an account recovery key.
- Visit the Apple account page in your browser: https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin, click "Forgot Apple ID or Password" and continue.
- Enter your Apple ID, and then click "Continue".
- In the new page, you need to select an option that lets you use the recovery key.
- Enter your recovery key, set a new password for your account, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the subsequent process.
- After completing the above steps, you can use a new password to unlock your Apple ID.
- Extract iPhone Data to Fix the "Stuck in Recovery Mode"
- [Fixed] How to Restore without iPhone Backup Password?
If you remember the answer to the Apple ID security questions, you can unlock your Apple ID by visiting the iForgot page and using the security questions to reset your account password.
- Open a browser on your computer, visit https://iforgot.apple.com/, and enter your email address associated with your Apple ID. Click the "Continue" button.
- You may be asked to enter your phone number to confirm your identity. Enter your number and click "Continue".
- Apple will send a notification to all your Apple devices that have used the Apple ID. These devices should be iPhone, iPad, or Mac. You need to click the "Allow" button on one of the devices.
- Then, you can follow the instructions on the interface, which will successfully unlock your Apple ID.
If the above method does not help you, then the ultimate tool that helps you unlock Apple ID, when you forgot Apple ID password and phone number is iOS Unlock. It is a one-stop iOS unlocking tool, designed to make you use the easiest steps to unlock iPhone and iPad screens. After unlocking, your device will automatically restore its factory settings, all content and settings will be erased, including Apple ID. This tool is fully compatible with Windows and iOS.
Core Features of iOS Unlock:
- Unlock Apple ID without phone number, email or security questions.
- Unlock 4-digit passcode, 6-digit passcode, touch ID, face ID on iPhone/iPad.
- You can employ a new Apple ID after unlocking.
- No limited access of using iCloud and device features after unlocking.
- It works on all iOS devices and iOS version, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/Xs/XR/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPad Pro/4/mini/Air, iPod touch, etc.
How to unlock Apple ID without phone number using iOS Unlock?
Step 1. Launch the iOS Unlock software on your computer. Select "Screen Unlock" from the modules on the screen.
Step 2. lick the "Unlock Apple ID" option on the popup window, and link your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 3. Enter the password of the connected device and tap on "Trust" on the device screen.
Step 4. Follow the instructions in the program screen to reset all settings of your iPhone. This will erase all data and contents on your iPhone, so make sure you have backed up your iPhone data before commencing the process.
Step 5. The unlocking process will begin. Do not use the device until the process is complete.
Step 6. When there is a popup showing "Apple ID has been completely unlocked", congratulations that you have successfully unlock your Apple ID.
Although it is troublesome to be locked by Apple ID when the phone number is forgotten, it is not unsolvable. As shown above, we have many different ways to unlock Apple ID without password, or even change Apple ID phone number without password. If you don't have a phone number, email or answers to the Apple ID security questions, don't worry, because you now have iOS Unlock, an ultimate way to unlock Apple ID.