How to Restore iPhone from iCloud with/without Resetting [Ways & Troubleshooting]
It's a great idea to back up an iPhone to iCloud for preservation on a regular basis. However, most Apple users may wonder how to restore iPhone from iCloud flexibly and efficiently when it comes to iPhone backup restoration. What's worse, some might end up encountering iCloud backup recovery stuck or losing something important even using the latest backup files. OK, focus on this post with the popular methods and possible troubleshooting. And you'll surely learn a lot here.
Before restoring the iPhone backup from iCloud, please make sure there's a recent iCloud backup for restore. To make a backup of your iPhone on iCloud officially, you can:
- Navigate to your iPhone's "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "iCloud Backup" > "Back Up Now".
- Here, please turn on "iCloud Backup".
- Tap "Back Up Now". Then you can check the estimated time for completion in the progress bar. (iCloud backup taking hours?)
Optionally: iCloud also makes it easy to create and maintain an automatic backup copy. (Quick Look: When your iPhone is on its "Settings" screen, proceed to "your name" > "iCloud" > "iCloud Backup"; then ensure the "iCloud Backup" option is "ON".)
Click to See:
- 6 Common Methods to Access iCloud from Android Phones/Tablets
- [Step-by-Step Guide] How to Transfer iCloud to New iPhone Instantly
Well, do you know how to restore iCloud backups after setup? OK, you'll get the answer in this section. To start things off, although you're enabled to use iCloud to restore a backup of your iPhone in a direct manner, you should be prepared for the following situations:
- iCloud doesn't let you preview and select specific files for recovery.
- It may lose some files if you don't have the last iCloud backup.
- Your iPhone may be stuck unexpectedly.
- It's quite time-consuming to restore iPhone backup from iCloud in this way. (How long does it take to restore an iPhone from iCloud usually?)
How do I restore my iPhone from iCloud directly?
- Head toward iPhone's "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update".
- Download and install the latest version of iOS, if any.
- Check the backup files by going to "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "Manage Storage" > "Backups".
- Proceed to iPhone's "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings". (How to restore iPhone from iCloud without resetting.)
- After that, set up your iPhone again.
- When reaching the Apps & Data screen, hit "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Log in to your Apple ID and passcode.
- Select "Choose backup" and choose from a list of backups available to restore.
By resorting to the iCloud web, you'll have the ability to recover many data types from iCloud backups. However, you cannot retrieve some iCloud backup files, including iMessages, MMS, SMS, photo stream, voice memos, WhatsApp attachments, etc.
Learn how to download backup from iCloud.com:
- Visit icloud.com from any browser on your computer.
- Use your Apple ID & password to log in to iCloud.
- You'll see all the backup files available on the site.
- Access any file type and get the concrete items there.
- [Solved] How to Turn Off Find My iPhone/iPad without Password?
- Troubleshoot "Unable to Share Photos from iPhone" with 9 Common Tricks
Well, do you have any tips on how to restore a new iPhone from iCloud selectively or how to get the backup onto the old iDevice without resetting? That's easy as long as you install iPhone Data Recovery on your computer. Reputed as one of the most professional and top products in the industry, this iOS file recovery expert can help you easily regain various iOS file categories without or even without a backup.
iPhone Data Recovery - the Best tool to recover files from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch:
- Selectively restore iPhone from iCloud/iTunes backup without resetting.
- The supported data types: Messages, contacts, call history, voice memos, WhatsApp conversations, notes, photos, calendars, bookmarks, and more.
- Recover deleted data from iPhone without backup.
- Let you preview and choose whatever you want for recovery.
- Play functions on a whole range of iDevices, including iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro (Max), iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
Know how to recover iCloud backup using iPhone Data Recovery:
Step 1. Choose the "Recover from iCloud Backup File" mode
Run the program after you download and install it on your computer. Go to "Recover from iCloud Backup File" from the main screen. Next, log in to iCloud with your Apple ID & passcode.
Step 2. Download iCloud backup
iCloud backup files will soon display on the next screen. Now, pick your desired iCloud backup file and click the "Download" option to download content from iCloud.
Step 3. Restore iPhone from iCloud
Once you see all the backup items, you can preview and select specific files to restore. Finally, click "Recover" to save them on this computer.
* Why is my iPhone not restoring from iCloud backup?
- The backup is incompatible or even corrupt.
- Your iPhone doesn't get along well with the Wi-Fi network.
- You have a large amount of content to restore.
- iCloud System Status isn't working.
* How to let iCloud restore backups smoothly?
- Do remember to update iOS to its latest version.
- Discontinue the iCloud backup recovery and try again later.
- Ensure you have connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Check the iCloud system status and make sure the corresponding option is green.
- If you cannot restore photos and videos, try to fix it by going to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Storage & Backup" > "Manage Storage" > choose the device name > enable "Camera Roll".
- Reach out to Apple Support.
That's all there is to it! On the whole, iPhone Data Recovery is comparatively the impeccable tool when you want to quickly restore your iPhone from iCloud with no errors. So, if there's something wrong with iCloud during the restore, don't hesitate to try this utility, in addition to turning to possible fixes we just described above briefly. Finally, please share this post on social media if you find it rewarding.