[Answered] How to Fix iCloud Backup Stuck on Estimating Time Remaining?
"So until recently, I didn't pay much attention to the iCloud backups. But I always kept getting messages "iCloud backup stuck; estimated time remaining" with no time indicated. Any tips? Thanks a lot for your help in advance." -- from Apple Support Communities
You may have to run a backup of your iPhone in case your device is upgraded, stolen, or broken. (Can I recover data from a broken iPhone/iPad?) Apple iCloud can officially back up your content, such as contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps, etc. But things are not always smooth sailing when the iCloud backup is stuck.
Well, since solving this problem may be time-consuming and frustrating, we shall figure out the ten possible solutions in this detailed guide. And we'll cover an outstanding iCloud alternative for iDevice backup at the end of this article.
Trick 1: Restart your iOS device
System glitches are sometimes unavoidable. Restarting your iPhone or iPad is your top priority whenever you encounter problems, as iCloud backup is stuck on estimating the time remaining.
You Might Also Need:
- How to Fix the "Not Enough iCloud Storage" Errors Easily & Quickly?
- 4 Ways to Transfer Data from iCloud to Samsung Galaxy/Android
Trick 2: Check Wi-Fi connection
To push even a single step forward, you have to make sure there are no Internet disconnection issues. You can restart your Wi-Fi router or follow the steps below to reconnect the network.
- Go to iDevice "Settings" and hit "WLAN".
- Then click the "i" icon, followed by "Forget This Network".
- Connect to the Wi-Fi available again.
Trick 3: Perform automatic backup at night
Steps for fixing iPhone backup failed/stuck by making automatic backup overnight:
- Go to your device "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "Backup" > "iCloud Backup".
- Connect your iPhone to the power source.
- Keep Wi-Fi on for 24H or more, and after that, check if the backup is done.
Trick 4: Reset Network Settings
- When you get into the "Settings" option, choose "General".
- Scroll down to locate and tap "Transfer or Reset iPhone".
- Next, tap "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings".
- Once done, link your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network and fix iCloud stuck on estimating the time remaining.
- 7 Useful Ways to Fix iPhone Stuck on Restore Screen in 2022
- How to Remove iCloud Account from iPhone/iPad without Password? [Fixed]
Trick 5: Reset All Settings
Resetting all settings only plays functions on your iPhone items like all sound and display settings. It won't affect your iOS data. Here are the instructions:
- Also, head to iPhone's "Setting" > "General".
- Tap on "Reset" > "Reset All Settings".
- Confirm the action and wait until the reset is over.
Trick 6: Ensure there's enough iCloud storage
Have plenty of data for backup, but the iCloud storage is running out of space? This may result in "restoring files from iCloud stuck on 1 minute or more". Please check out the detail below:
- Navigate to your device's "Settings" > "iCloud".
- Tap the storage bar to get into the iCloud storage usage status.
- If there's not enough iCloud storage, you can tap on "Manage Storage" or tap "Change Storage Plan" to optimize the space.
Trick 7: Remove old iCloud backup
As the incremental iCloud escalates, old backups may occupy much iCloud storage. And there might be conflicts among so many backup files that lead to iCloud backup taking hours/forever. Thus, check and delete any unnecessary backups on iCloud.
Trick 8: Check Apple system status
The System Status page for Apple keeps track of online Apple service, from which users can get to know some issues of their iDevices. The lights are green for each item, which means everything is going well. If you find the red light nearby any of the iCloud services, you'll have to wait for Apple to fix the "iCloud backup not moving" on its own.
Trick 9: Ensure there's no iPhone profile that restricts backups
When you install an iPhone profile, it may restrict the backup and thus cause the iCloud backup stuck issues. You can now check the profiles by going to your phone's "Settings" > "General" > "Device Management".
Trick 10: Check iOS for update
It's easy for you the update iOS on your device directly without resorting to a tool like iTunes. After that, check if the "iCloud backup not working estimating time remaining" persists. Here are the instructions to make it:
- On your iPhone, go to its "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update".
- Tap "Download and Install" if the latest update is available.
- Press "Install Now" as prompted.
- Enter your device passcode and agree to what appears before installing the latest version of iOS on your phone. (How to undo an iOS update if the new system doesn't work well with the phone.)
With just 5GB of free storage, iCloud imposes many restrictions on the backup. For instance, you can only restore an iCloud backup for your device directly when it is set up. And you should erase your device before that. Well, would you like to take the backup with a convenient program - MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Windows and Mac)? This is an all-in-one tool for iPhone backup, restoration, and management.
MobiKin Assistant for iOS is prominent with the following features:
- Back up iOS data to PC/Mac/iTunes independently.
- The supported file types: Contacts, Text Messages, Video, Photo, Song, eBook, Notes, Safari Bookmarks, Voice Memo, Podcast, Ringtone, Playlist, etc.
- Restore content from the backup file quickly.
- Transfer files between iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and computer.
- Best iPhone manager software to manage iOS items on a computer, covering contacts, photos, calendars, apps, etc.
- Work well with almost all iOS devices, including iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
How to back up iOS data to a computer via Assistant for iOS?
Step 1. Install the utility on a computer after the download. Open the tool and connect your iPhone to the PC/Mac via USB. Then the program will automatically identify the device soon.
Step 2. Once the connection is created, please choose your desired data types to back up from the left menu. Next, you can preview and handpick the exact items on the right.
Step 3. Finally, click on "Export" from the top screen, set an output location, and save the chosen files onto the computer securely.
Do you want to run a backup of your iPhone in bulk? That's easy! Go to the program's "Super Toolkit" > "iTunes Backup & Restore". Next, tap "Backup" > decide where to save the content > click "OK". After backup, you'll have the ability to restore iPhone backup wherever and whenever you desire.
All in all, the solutions mentioned above seem quite simple. But if you try them one by one, it may be a big deal. More importantly, there is no guarantee to solve "iCloud backup stuck/failed" with the methods. In terms of efficiency and stability, MobiKin Assistant for iOS will undoubtedly be the best substitute for iCloud. In addition to simple backup, restoring and managing any iOS device is also a piece of cake for it.