How to Transfer Photos from SD/Memory Card to iPhone? [Fixed in 2022]
An Android phone or digital camera enables you to store media files on an SD card. iPhone users may need to copy photos from the card to their devices to optimize the mini gadgets. Well, how can we connect the two directly? Are there any options to migrate photos across efficiently? Now, please focus on this post to learn how to transfer photos from SD card to iPhone in 5 best ways. And you'll get to know how to do it with a versatile top-rated iPhone transfer tool, among others.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Photos from SD Card to iPhone via iOS Transfer
- Way 2: How to Import Photos from SD Card to iPhone with SD Card Reader
- Way 3: How to Move Photos from SD Card to iPhone Using iTunes
- Way 4: How to Import Pictures from SD Card to iPhone with iCloud
- Way 5: How to Transfer Photos from Memory Card to iPhone via Google Drive
Is there any utility to import photos to the iPhone from a memory card by adding files or folders selectively? Can I view all my SD card images easily on a larger screen before completing the syncing? OK, iOS Transfer can promise you a trouble-free journey on a computer. With this top-ranking program, you can fully put your ideas into practice, let's say, copy iOS data among different platforms or take complete control of your iPhone on a computer.
Top features of iOS Transfer:
- Transfer photos from SD card to iPhone flexibly.
- Sync data among Apple devices, iTunes, and computers easily.
- Copy such files as photos, music, contacts, text messages, videos, notes, calendars, Safari history, eBooks, call log, and more.
- It also serves as a full-featured iPhone manager software to manage iOS data on a computer directly.
- Free trial, widely compatible, and quick transfer.
- Compatible with almost all iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't divulge your privacy.
How to import photos from SD card to iPhone with iOS Transfer?
Step 1. Run the program and insert the SD card into a computer
Free download the software before installing and opening it on your computer. Use a card reader to insert the SD card to the PC. The inserted gadget will be detected by your computer soon.
Step 2. Get into the "Photos" section
Choose the "Photos" tab from the top-left of the program. Then tap on "Add" > "Add File" or "Add Folder".
Step 3. Transfer photos from SD card to iPhone
Select your desired pics from the SD card and click "Open" to import photos from the card to your iPhone at once.
Check If You Need:
- Micro SD Card Recovery: How to Recover Files from Micro SD Card?
- [5 Easy Options] How to Transfer Photos from Computer to Android?
A Lightning to USB (3) camera adapter, Lightning to SD card camera reader, or Apple USB-C to SD card reader help import photos from an SD card into an iPhone without a computer. So, assuming you have a (USB-C) card reader, follow the steps to connect the SD card to iPhone and transfer photos across in this way:
- Use the USB-C to SD card reader to get both your SD card and iPhone connected.
- Run the "Photos" application and hit "Import" if the app doesn't start automatically.
- Choose the pictures you wish to copy from your SD card.
- Press "Import"/"Import All" to move the items to your iPhone.
iTunes works as an official tool to import photos from an SD card to iPhone, working for photos, videos, or music. To do so, be sure to disable "iCloud Photos" before transferring images across (This may overwrite images synced from iTunes). And note that the existing media files on your iPhone will be replaced afterward.
How to view pictures from SD card on iPhone using iTunes?
- Utilize a card reader to get your SD card inserted.
- Link the card to a computer.
- Attach your iPhone to the computer via USB.
- Open the latest version of iTunes on this computer.
- When the tool detects your device, go to iTunes' "Photos". (iTunes could not connect to this iPhone?)
- Select "Sync Photos" > Copy photos from "choose folder".
- Pick the SD card folder and go for all the pics you'd like to transfer to this iPhone.
- Tap on "Apply".
- [2022 Updated] How to Recover WhatsApp Photos and Videos from iPhone?
- How to Fix iPhone Frozen/Stuck on Lock Screen? [8 Methods Offered]
After uploading pictures from SD card to iCloud, you can then import them to your iPhone with the help of a PC. To ensure a smooth sync, please make sure there's enough iCloud storage and the Wi-Fi connection is in good working condition.
How to transfer photos from an SD card to iPhone using iCloud?
- Insert the SD card to your PC via a card reader.
- Install and open iCloud for Windows before going to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Photos".
- Enable "iCloud Photo Library" and "Download new photos and videos to my PC".
- Tap "Change" to set the folder as the one on the SD card with your desired photos.
- All your photos will be uploaded from the SD card to iCloud. (iCloud backup failed?)
- Go to your iPhone's "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > "Photos".
- Turn on "iCloud Photo Library" to sync SD card images to this iPhone.
Here's another way to copy images from an SD card to your iPhone. (Quick Navigation: Insert SD card to a computer > head to iCloud.com > log in to your iCloud account for this iPhone > select "Photos" > "Upload photos" > pick the photos on your SD card and upload them to iCloud. Finally, follow the last two steps above to get your pictures onto your iPhone.
By the same token, Google Drive, initially for Android devices, can now be used to transfer photos from an SD card to its cloud and then to your iPhone. Here's how to import photos from an SD card to iPhone with Google Drive:
- Insert your SD card into a computer using a card reader.
- Head to the Google Drive website on a computer.
- Log in to your Google account.
- Tap the "New" button from the upper-left corner.
- Download Google Drive onto your iPhone from App Store.
- Install and open the app before signing in with the same Google credentials.
- Locate your pictures and tap "Download" to put images from the memory card to your iPhone.
Today we came up with the top five ways to transfer photos from an SD card to iPhone. Admittedly, viewing, selecting, and transferring photos can be a challenge for an SD card with a lot of photographs. But when your computer is equipped with iOS Transfer, you can do it all on a convenient and larger screen. So, get the software on your PC/Mac and give it a shot now.