2 Ways to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone without Backup
Text Messaging App is one of our most commonly used applications on mobile phones. In daily life, we send and receive a large number of chat messages from iMessage, SMS, and MMS. It is hard to imagine how much impact this sudden loss of messages will have. As an iPhone user, if you have backed up important text messages to iTunes or iCloud, it is not difficult to restore data from the backup. But if you don't have a backup, how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup?
Well, if there is no backup file, we need to use professional iPhone data recovery software to restore messages on iPhone without iTunes or iCloud. Keep reading here. Tips are shared and introduced below.
Due to various uncontrollable factors, some text messages or other data may be accidentally deleted on your iPhone. Therefore, people will wonder how to retrieve deleted texts on iPhone without backup. iPhone has a built-in database dedicated to storing various data, including the text messages you delete. When you accidentally delete some data, they will not disappear from the iPhone immediately, but stay at a certain angle of the database, but you can't see them.
At this moment, you need to find a way to recover these deleted data as soon as possible because once new data is generated, these deleted data will be overwritten. You can only restore them before they are overwritten. Once covered, they will disappear forever.
So, is there a way to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup for free? You can bring your ID card to the business hall operated by the mobile operator to check the deleted messages. If you can't spare time, you can also use paid third-party software to perform iPhone message recovery without backup directly.
- 2 Efficient Methods to Backup and Restore iPhone without iTunes
- How to Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup File for Windows/Mac?
To recover iPhone text messages without backup, you need MobiKin Doctor for iOS, which is a professional tool that can help you scan your iPhone for the deleted text messages, and then recover them back to you with one click. It is capable of recovering data from iPhone without backup. But if you have iTunes backups, the software can also restore lost iPhone data from backup, without overwriting the existing data on the device.
Doctor for iOS - your best iPhone SMS recovery software
- Retrieve deleted messages on iPhone without backup.
- Provide two recovery modes to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
- Recover various data types like contacts, photos, videos, messages, call logs, WhatsApp data, notes, calendar, reminders, voice memos, etc.
- You can preview the iPhone data before a selective recovery.
- Restore data from iTunes backup, without overwriting the existing data on the device.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices, including iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max/14 Plus, iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini, iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro/Air/4/mini, and iPod touch.
Below is how to restore deleted text messages on iPhone without backup by using Doctor for iOS:
Step 1: Download and install Doctor for iOS
Click the download button above to get the free trial version of this iPhone data recovery software. Then, follow the built-in wizard to install it on your computer. Launch it and you will get the following interface.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer
Choose the "Recover from iOS Device" mode from the left sidebar and connect your iPhone to the computer via a digital cable. Tap on the "Trust the computer" prompt on your iPhone and let the computer detect your iPhone successfully.
Choose the data type like "Messages" and click "Start Scan".
Step 3: Scan iPhone for deleted text messages
The program will begin to scan your iPhone for deleted text messages. All found files will be listed. You can check out the deleted messages on the right side.
Step 3. Recover deleted text messages on iPhone with no backup
After you have found what you are looking for, tick them off and click the "Recover to Computer" button from the bottom right. Then, all the selected text messages will be saved to your computer.
Please note that all recovered text messages should be saved on the computer, not on the iPhone. Otherwise, you run the risk of losing them forever.
iPhone Data Recovery can also recover deleted iPhone text messages and SMS attachments from iTunes backup. Here is how:
Recover from iTunes backup: Select "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode > choose the backup file you want > Click "Start Scan" > Preview and choose the data you need > Click "Recover to Computer".
- My Pictures Disappeared from My iPhone. Here's the Full Fix
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 12/11/Xs Max/X/8/7
If the above methods did not help you recover deleted text messages on iPhone without iCloud or iTunes backup, then as a last resort, you can ask your Internet service provider, that is, the telephone service provider for help. Usually, they will have a record of your SMS messages (not including iMessages).
Under normal circumstances, you need to obtain a court order to provide you with this information. But due to the particularity of 2020, many companies provide online services. You can obtain SMS and call records by entering account or identity verification information.
However, it should be noted that some providers only store information for a few weeks. Therefore, you'd better contact your mobile phone operator as soon as possible.
Did you see it? If there is no backup file, the success probability of directly recovering deleted text messages from iPhone is not 100%. Because no one can be sure whether the deleted text messages are overwritten by new data. Therefore, in order to ensure that you do not lose text messages on your iPhone, I would like to share a few suggestions with you:
- Regularly back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud. Of course, you can also back up your iPhone to the computer. Remember, backup is the best way to avoid data loss.
- At the first moment you find that some text messages or other data on the iPhone are lost, immediately turn on the airplane mode and shut down the device, then use iTunes or iCloud to back up the iPhone to prevent the deleted data from being overwritten by the newly added data.
- Immediately use a professional iPhone data recovery software to increase the success rate of data recovery.
- When you connect your iPhone to the computer for data recovery, it is best to turn on airplane mode to prevent new text messages from being received during the recovery process, which may cause the message recovery to fail.
This article is about how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup. We can see that the best way is to use the MobiKin Doctor for iOS software. With this tool, we can easily restore all dozens of file types such as text messages, photos, videos, music, call records, memos, etc. Of course, the best way to avoid data loss is to back up the data on the device regularly. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know in the comments section below.