[Fixed!] How to Permanently Delete Text Messages on iPhone?
Many people are shocked to find that some text messages deleted a few months ago still appear in the spotlight search on iPhone. In fact, this does not need to be fussed, because just clicking the delete button can not completely delete the phone data. You can search for keywords 'deleted text in iPhone search' or 'deleted text in iPhone spotlight' on the Internet, and you will find that this problem is very common. It also means that your privacy is at risk of being stolen. So, how to permanently delete messages on iPhone?
Here in this article, you will find many ways in which you can permanently delete text messages on iPhone so that you can protect your privacy.
So, how to delete saved messages on iPhone? All you need is help from a professional tool. Because it is impossible to permanently delete iPhone data by manual deletion alone. At present, although there are tools on the market for this purpose, there are few professional and reliable ones. MobiKin Eraser for iOS is a tool worth trying, it will permanently delete the text messages on the iPhone and make these text messages disappear forever, even if you can't recover them using the most professional iPhone recovery tool.
Clear Saved Messages on iPhone Completely
- Simple and hassle-free process.
- Three different security levels for you to choose according to your own situation.
- Erase photos, contacts, text messages, call logs and other private data from iPhone with simple clicks.
- Supports almost all iPhone models, including iPhone 14/13/12/11/11 Pro (Max)/Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/9 (Plus)/8/7/6S.
- Your iPhone data will be deleted permanently and nobody can ever recover or view your private data.
How to Delete Deleted Messages on iPhone Using Eraser for iOS?
Follow the detailed steps in the below to delete text messages from your iPhone with the help of Eraser for iOS.
Step 1. Install and launch the Eraser for iOS program and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable. Wait until the connected phone is recognized by the program and then you can tap on "Erase" button from the program interface.
Step 2. The program provides you with three different security levels: Low & Medium & High. Just select an erasing level according to your own situation and then tap on "OK" to confirm your choice.
Step 3. From the next screen, type in "delete" in the blank box and then hit on "Erase" button to start erasing your iPhone data.
- 3 Ways to Delete Photos from Samsung Galaxy Permanently in 2023
- Android Clean- How to Clear Junk Files on Android Smart Phones
Apart from using MobiKin Eraser for iOS to permanently delete texts from iPhone, there are also other 4 methods you can refer to get rid of saved messages on iPhone.
Method 1 - Manually delete messages saved on iPhone
#1: Erase single text message on iPhone
- Open the Message app on your iPhone.
- Choose the SMS conversation that contains the messages you want to delete.
- Preview and select the text message you want to delete, and then tap "More" from the menu list displayed.
- An icon will appear in front of each message.
- Click on the icon in front of the message that you want to delete. A checkbox will display to indicate that the message will be removed.
- Follow the instructions above to mark all the messages you want to erase on your iPhone.
- Finally, tap the Delete icon from the left corner to delete the selected messages on iPhone.
#2: Erase Text Messages Conversation on iPhone
- First of all, open Message app on your iPhone.
- Preview and text conversations and select the ones you want to delete.
- Click on the "Edit" button from the top left corner or swipe left across it, and you will see the "Delete" button appears.
- Just tap on the "Delete" button to delete the SMS conversation on your iPhone.
Method 2 - Clear Saved Messages on iPhone Using Factory Restore Settings
If you want to delete text messages from your iPhone because you are planning to sell or donate your iPhone, then we highly recommended that you restore your iPhone to factory settings to wipe your iPhone completely. Using this method is also a simple and direct way to improve the performance of your iPhone. Just follow the steps below to factory reset your iPhone:
Step 1. Unlock your iPhone and go to "Settings" app.
Step 2. Scroll down the screen to choose the "General" option.
Step 3. Choose the options of "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings" > "Erase iPhone" in turn.
- How to Permanently Delete Text Messages from My Android Phone?
- Different Ways to Delete Music from iPod touch or classic
Method 3 - Remove the Messages app from Spotlight Search
You can directly delete the Messages app altogether from spotlight search if you don't want to try the methods above. Below is how:
Step 1. Drag down anywhere on your iPhone screen until you see a search bar appears.
Step 2. Type in "Messages" in the search bar.
Step 3. The Messages app will show up. Now, you can tap and hold the icon of this app until a "X" icon comes up.
Step 4. Tap on the "X" icon to delete the Messages app.
Method 4 - Sync your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes
When you sync your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes regularly, the data you have marked for deletion will be erased. That's to say, when you delete a text message on your iPhone, and then sync your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes, the deleted message will be gone for good.
The Bottom Line
As you can see, this article mentions several methods to get you delete messages on iPhone. You can choose to delete conversations individually or you can delete all conversations with one click. You can use the tool to delete text messages, or you can delete text messages manually. However, if you do not want the deleted messages to be maliciously stolen by others, you must use a third-party tool called MobiKin Eraser for iOS to permanently delete the messages and other data from your iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)/Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/9 (Plus)/8/7/6S. This is an excellent data erasing tool for removing iPhone, iPad and iPod and it is available for both Windows and Mac. We strongly recommend this software for all iOS devices data cleaning purposes.