How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone with/without Backup?
Summary: What is the easiest way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone? This article will show you how to retrieve lost iPhone WhatsApp messages in 4 different ways. Among them, we strongly recommend that you use the most reliable and outstanding WhatsApp data recovery software.
Why is WhatsApp So Popular?
- First, WhatsApp enables you to chat with those in your contacts, provided you have access to the internet or packet data.
- Second, like a social networking site, you can add your profile picture and members who have saved your mobile number to know when you are online and start a chat conversation accordingly.
- Third, if you don't have a balance in your mobile to make phone calls, you can use Whatsapp to send text messages or chat as long as there is internet.
- Last but not least, if you have internet access, you can chat with whoever you want without money.
However, you may encounter some problems that will cause data loss, including the detailed Whatsapp messages. How to restore WhatsApp chat on iPhone could be an urgent task you want to solve, right? Now you've come to the right spot.
- Part 1: How to Restore WhatsApp Chat on iPhone via WhatsApp Chat Backup
- Part 2: How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone via iCloud Backup
- Part 3: How to Recover WhatsApp Messages on iPhone via iTunes Backup
- Part 4: How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup [Easy & Fast]
- Bonus: Backup WhatsApp Messages for Safe-keeping
WhatsApp has an automatic backup feature, which can help you sync WhatsApp data from iPhone to iCloud or iTunes. Before you use this way to make WhatsApp recovery on your iPhone, you need to back up WhatsApp chat history first. Then, you can follow the simple steps below to recover WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open WhatsApp > Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup to check whether the last backup file is the one you need.
- If you can be sure that it is the backup file you want, just uninstall the WhatsApp application on your iPhone, and reinstall it again.
- Open WhatsApp, type in your phone number, and click Done.
- You will find the restore option. Just click on the "Restore Chat History" option to begin the restoring process.
- Ultimate Guide to Back Up WhatsApp Photos/Videos on Android & iPhone
- How to Recover WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup
Apart from the solution above, we can also recover WhatsApp messages on iPhone by restoring the whole iCloud backup, which contains the deleted WhatsApp chat history.
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Tap on "Erase Now" and confirm the operation with your password.
- Set up your iPhone. When you see the "Apps & Data" screen, just choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Sign in to your iCloud account you used to back up your iPhone, and the backup file that contains the deleted WhatsApp messages will be restored to your iPhone.
- All content and settings on your iPhone will be erased.
- All current data on your iPhone would be overwritten.
- You must have backed up your iPhone WhatsApp messages in iCloud beforehand.
If you have ever backed up your entire iPhone data in iTunes, you will be able to see deleted messages on WhatsApp in iPhone by restoring your iPhone from an iTunes backup.
- Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac computer. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- iTunes will detect your iPhone automatically and show the device icon on the upper left corner.
- Click on the device icon and choose "Restore Backup".
- In the pop-up window, choose the iTunes backup file that contains your WhatsApp messages and click "Restore".
- The entire iTunes backup file will overwrite your current iPhone data.
- You should have backed up your iPhone WhatsApp messages in iTunes before.
- Tips to Restore Deleted SMS Messages from iPhone
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Samsung in 2021
iPhone WhatsApp Recovery is one of the best iPhone Whatsapp messages recovery programs, which can retrieve all the deleted Whatsapp conversations and messages completely and export them to your computer in friendly and readable documents. Besides, other data types like contacts, photos, voice memos, music, videos, call history, Safari bookmarks, reminders, and notes can all be regained with the help of the powerful software. (Android users can go to: how to recover WhatsApp data on Android?)
Key Features of iPhone WhatsApp Recovery:
- See and get back deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup.
- Recover other data types like text messages, contacts, call logs, Kik/Viber/Facebook Messenger data, pictures, notes, and so on.
- It allows you to preview the WhatsApp messages before recovery so that you can selectively recover the messages you want.
- It supports to recover WhatsApp data from iPhone or from iTunes/iCloud backup without overwriting the current iPhone data.
- Apply high technology to ensure a high success rate of data recovery.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices, including iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, etc.
Now you can download the free trial version to try first. Both Windows version and Mac version are available.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer via its USB cable. Then, launch the program and select "Recover from iOS Device". Hit "Start Scan" to start scanning your iPhone.
Step 2. After that, you will see a window pop up below, showing the connecting and analyzing process.
Step 3. Then you can see the file folders on the left side of the program interface. Open the "Whatsapp" folder to preview the detailed contents on the right panel. Mark those WhatsApp messages you want to restore and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
It is always a good habit to regularly back up your iPhone. We have also seen above that once there is a backup, WhatsApp messages recovery becomes a piece of cake. If you don't want to lose your WhatsApp chat history again, please continue reading the following backup steps.
- Open your WhatsApp app on your iPhone, choose "Settings" > "Chats" > "Chat Backup" > "Back Up Now" to back up your WhatsApp messages.
- You can also enable the Auto Backup option to back up your WhatsApp data frequently.
You are allowed to choose whether include the videos in the backup. Next time if you lose the WhatsApp data mistakenly, you can easily restore the data from backup in no time.
In a fast-paced world in our lives, facing the problem of losing important data, we are pursuing a fast and reliable solution. We recommend that you use the third-party software recommended above-iPhone WhatsApp Recovery. It can accurately scan the deleted WhatsApp chat history to restore them in one click. Of course, you can also choose to restore from iCloud or iTunes backup, but this process is very time-consuming, and you'll face the risk of losing all current data on your iPhone. Please consider as appropriate. All in all, it is best to make regular backups of essential data on your phone.