How to Extract WhatsApp Messages from iPhone Backup (iCloud/iTunes Backup)?
More and more people realize the importance of backing up iPhone files in case of data lost, and syncing data to iCloud or iTunes is a choice to backup iPhone data but it is not the best way for backup. Because you have to delete or replace all the existing contents to get back the WhatsApp history when restoring iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup files without the help of a 3rd-party tool.
Anyway, this article is about to show you 3 different ways to export/extract WhatsApp messages from iPhone or iPhone backup for your reference.
You can export or save your WhatsApp messages to email on your device directly. Just follow the steps as below.
1. Launch WhatsApp app on your iPhone and open the conversation that you want to save.
2. Then tap the contact or group's subject on the navigation bar.
3. Then a new window will show up, just scroll down to find and tap "Export Chat" option on your iPhone.
4. Then decide if you want to export the WhatsApp messages attached media or not. If yes, tap "Attach Media", if not, select "Without Media" option.
5. Then select the Mail icon and enter your email address, tap "Send" option to export iPhone WhatsApp messages to email.
There is a reliable and professional 3rd-party iOS backup extractor tool - iPhone Backup Extractor for iPhone/iPad/iPod. With it, you can easily and selectively recover WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup, iTunes backup or even from iPhone device directly.
Besides, all generations of iOS device are supported by the program, including iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6/5S/SE, iPad mini, iPad air, iPod touch and etc. Apart from WhatsApp messages, you can also restore contacts, text messages( SMS), photos, music, videos and etc. from iPhone backup selectively or in a batch.
Below are the free trails of the program in Mac and Windows version, please download the right version on your computer to extract WhatsApp messages from iPhone backup immediately.
Here is how to recover or extract WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup:
Step 1. Launch the recommended software on your PC or Mac after downloading, then switch to the recovery mode named "Recover from iCloud backup File" mode in the primary window and login into your iCloud account with Apple ID and passcodes.
Step 2. Select one iCloud backup file you need and hit "Download" button to download and extract the selected iCloud backup for details.
Step 3. After extracting the iCloud backup file, you are able to preview all the files from the iCloud backup. Just visit the "WhatsApp" or "WhatsApp Attachments" folder to tick the messages or attachments one by one, then click "Recover" button to save them on your computer.
With the recommended iPhone Backup Extractor tool, you can also recover or extract the iPhone WhatsApp chat history from iTunes backup files as long as you have synced your iPhone to iTunes before.
And the operations are similar to the above method (recover WhatsApp messages from iCloud backup).
- Download the program on your computer and launch it;
- Switch to "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode;
- Select the iTunes backup file to scan for iPhone file's details.
- Visit "WhatsApp" or "WhatsApp Attachments" folder to select desired items and hit "Recover" button to save them on your computer.