Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to Android
Nowadays, WhatsApp plays an important role in our social lives- we use it to contact families, friends and even colleagues. So while switching to a new phone, syncing WhatsApp chats must be one of the necessary things that users need to do. However, the methods to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android, Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone are all different and it would be a huge project to introduce all the methods in one article. So today we would focus on the topic about moving WhatsApp messages from Android to Android.
Normally, there are two ways to complete this transferring process:
Most users do not know that WhatsApp would automatically back up the chat history to their devices every 2AM. And when you reinstall the WhatsApp application on one device, you will be able to restore these backed up conversations easily. The specific moving process could be:
Step 1. In case of losing data, you'd better backup the messages manually. Just open WhatsApp on the old Android phone and click on Menu> Settings> Chats> Chat backup> Back Up to backup the WhatsApp chat histories.
Step 2. Now just uninstall the WhatsApp from your old phone and download it on your new phone.
Step 3. To install WhatsApp on your new phone, you need to figure out what kind of SD card you have by checking the old phone's specifications.
- If you have inserted an external SD card to your old phone, you can take the card out of the device and then plug it into the new one.
- If you only use the internal memory or internal SD card, you will need to move the "/sdcard/WhatsApp/" folder from the old phone to the same folder on your new phone. Just connect both your phones to computer and open the old device. Then find the "WhatsApp/Database" folder and copy the files that are created most recently. Next, paste the copied folder to the "WhatsApp/Databases" folder on your new phone.
Step 4. After the installation, you can launch the application on the new Android and verify the same phone number that you have used to backup the chats.
Step 5. Next, just tap on Restore when you get a prompt asking whether to restore the found backup.
Then the chat histories that you have backed up on the old Android will be restored to the new one.
Google Drive is also a good way to transfer WhatsApp messages. But before using Google Drive to move WhatsApp chat histories, you need to ensure that:
* Both Google Play Service and Google Drive have been installed on your device.
* Owning an available Google account.
* Your Google account and Google Drive have enough space for all your WhatsApp data.
If you confirm that you meet all the requirements above, you can start to transfer WhatsApp messages from your old Android phone to the new one now:
Step 1. Open the WhatsApp on your old Android phone and go to Settings> Chats> Chat backup> Back Up to sync your WhatsApp conversations to Google Drive.
Step 2. Next, power on your new Android phone and add the same Google account to it.
Step 3. Then install WhatsApp on your new phone and verify the same phone number that is used to backup the chats on the old phone.
Step 4. After that, you will be asked if you want to restore your messages and media from Google Drive. Just click on Restore and wait till the restoring process is completed.
Step 5. Now tap on Next and your chats will be listed on the screen.