[Ultimate Guide] 6 Best Methods to Clean Junk Files on Android Phones/Tablets
As you might know, Android is open source, and various unwanted files are easily and regularly created during the use of phones. With a bit of a lag brought by piling-up items over time, your phone may underperform or even operate at near capacity. Thus, you may intend to clean junk files on Android to ensure the smooth running of the device.
Today, we will mention several scientific methods to remove unused Android data and briefly outline how to go about accomplishing them.
- Part 1: Clean Junk Files on Android via Assistant for Android APP
- Part 2: Remove Junk Files on Android Directly
- Part 3: Delete Junk Files on Android from System Settings
- Part 4: Clean Junk Files on Android Phone by Wiping Cache Partition
- Part 5: Delete Unused Files on Android with Files by Google
- Part 6: Delete Unwanted Files in Android with AVG Cleaner
Reputed as a remarkable junk file cleaner for Android to clean up junk files, such as caches, temp files, and thumbnails, MobiKin Assistant for Android APP also acts as a memory booster, an app controller, and an Android/SD card file manager. On the whole, it can help you do almost anything you want to optimize your Android phone.
On top of that, it is a great assistant for you while using the desktop version of MobiKin Assistant for Android to manage Android on a computer.
Major features of Assistant for Android APP?
- Clean junk files on Android to speed up your phone in one click.
- Delete any pictures, music, videos, documents as you like.
- Stop and uninstall apps from your Android device easily.
- View and copy media files and other data from Android to computer selectively.
- Works for almost all Android phones/tablets, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Motorola, LG, HTC, Sony, Google, Vivo, OPPO, etc.
- It won't track your privacy.
How to find junk files on Android and delete them via Assistant for Android APP?
Step 1. Open the app after the installation. You can then tap File Management. It'll display the remaining capacity of the phone and SD card (come across Android SD card unexpectedly removed issues?). And you can also view the usage of Android photos, music, videos, and document.
Step 2. Tap on Clean, and the app will show you all the Caches, Temp Files, Thumbnails on your phone. Here, simply click any of the categories to select specific junk files for removal. Next, touch CLEAN to delete them.
Step 3. Now, if you want to manage your Android app with it, please go to "App Management". Hit Stop or Uninstall and choose any Android apps to quit or remove them from your phone.
You can go to Settings (the gear icon) on the screen to check the app for an update as required. B.T.W, if you'd like to erase all the files and histories on Android permanently, just opt for MobiKin Eraser for Android to delete everything in one click.
It cloud be the easiest way to delete some useless files on Android by cleaning cache from all your Android applications.
How to delete unused files on Android directly?
- Tap on "Settings" and scroll down for Apps.
- You'll find all the installed apps and the running ones.
- Click any application and tap "Storage" > "CLEAR CACHE"/CLEAR DATA to clear junk files of that particular app. It'll take some time to clear the cache.
You May Be Interested in:
- User Guide: How to Delete/Clear Crash Files from Android Phone
- Simple Ways to Clean Junk Files on iPhone 12/11/X/Xs/Xs Max/XR
Aside from the above, you may also plan to delete junk files from your Android storage. Similarly, just proceed with the steps to do this from your phone's settings.
How to delete unwanted files in Android from System Settings?
- Touch Android "Settings" > "Storage and memory".
- Now, you will find the total amount of memory occupied by apps and other data.
- Please tap "cached data" to see all the cached files created on this device.
- Confirm the popup to delete all cache memory on Android.
To further delete unwanted files on Android, you can try to wipe the Android cache partition as well. It is noted that your phone may be at risk if you follow this method directly without knowing about device recovery mode and cache partition.
How to remove unused files and folders from Android by wiping cache partition?
- Switch off your device by pressing the "power" button for a couple of seconds.
- Press the "Power" and "Volume Up" button simultaneously for around 5 to 10 seconds.
- It will automatically take you into recovery mode. (the above varies as per devices and manufacturers, you can look it up on the Internet to put your Android phone into recovery mode)
- When your phone is in this mode, you can use the volume (up and down) and power button to do the following.
- Go to "wipe cache partition" and press the "power" button to delete junk files on Android.
- Once completed, select "Reboot system" to power on your device.
- 6 Methods to Backup and Restore Your Samsung Galaxy/Android
- Top 7 Ways to Transfer Files from Android to Android (Ultimate Guide)
Files by Google, Google's official Android file manager, can identify the areas as wasting space, including junk files, duplicates, backed-up photos, and unused apps. Then you're allowed to clean junk files on Android within simple clicks. However, please note that if you clear junk files via Files by Google, the data are likely to be permanently deleted.
How to clean junk files Android with Files by Google?
- On Android, install and open Files by Google.
- Tap Clean from the bottom left.
- On the "Junk Files" section, tap Confirm and free up.
- Tap on See junk files.
- Select the log files or temporary app files you wish to clear.
- Press Clear.
- Hit Clear again to confirm.
As one of the distinguished Android cleaner apps, AVG Cleaner serves as a data remover, file manager, memory booster, and media analyzer. Yet, it is full of ads on its free trial.
How to delete unnecessary files in Android with AVG Cleaner?
- On your device, get the AVG Cleaner for Android from Google Play Store.
- Tap "Install to download" to install the app.
- After that, tap Open > Get Started.
- Go for Continue with Ads > Continue as Free.
- Touch QUICK CLEAN to delete dispensable files, including thumbnails, residual files, APKs, and hidden & visible cache.
- Tap Media to view the photos, videos, and other data stored on your device; it allows you to either clear the suggested files or send them to cloud storage.
- Press Boost to release device memory by stopping apps from running in the background.
Bonus Tip: What if You Wrongly Delete Important Files after Cleaning?
It is common that Android users would wrongly remove something important while deleting junk files on devices. But don't be nervous if you made an accidental deletion since the lost data can be easily recovered by the product - MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win & Mac).
With this intelligent program, you can recover all your deleted Android files, including contacts, text messages, music, photos, videos, audio, documents, etc., within a couple of clicks. Now, just download its free trial and give it a go.
In a word, routine maintenance is a necessity on an Android device. A professional program shall feature basic requirements for cleaning various junk files, ease of use, and essential additional functions. These are where MobiKin Assistant for Android APP works. Lastly, if you delete useless files Android by accident, just bring them back with the software we described in the Bonus Tip.