3 Ways to Delete Photos from Samsung Galaxy Permanently in 2021
When you are going to sell an old Samsung Galaxy, you may wonder how to erase photos and other files from your old phone. Thus you can give it away through portals but still keep your personal information safe. So here in this article, we offer 3 easy ways to permanently delete photos from Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/Note 8/7/6/5.
As we all know, all the photos and pictures that you captured with your phone or download from the web are all saved in the Gallery app. You can open the Gallery app to view all the photos you stored in your Samsung Galaxy. You can delete photos from the Gallery directly. If you have not backed up the pictures, this may permanently delete photos from Samsung Gallery when you perform a factory reset after that.
You should be aware that deleted photos can be recovered by Android data recovery software (See how to recover deleted contacts from Android), thinking it is not a good idea to wipe photos off Samsung Galaxy by this way. However, it is ok if you only need to free up your phone storage space.
Delete Specific Photo(s) from Gallery
- Turn on your Samsung Galaxy phone and go to click the "Gallery" app.
- All the pictures, photos and videos will be displayed here.
- Long press on the photo that you would like to remove and tick on others as you like.
- Tap on the "Delete" option to delete the photos from your Samsung phone.
Delete Albums from Gallery
- Open the Gallery and select "Albums".
- Long press on the album that you like to delete.
- Click on the "Delete" button to remove the album from your Samsung Galaxy.
As mentioned above, even though you can delete them manually, it will disappear completely. Because Samsung data recovery tool will recover old data from phone systems. So, if you wish to remove old photos and other data from your Galaxy phone with zero opportunity to restore, you'd better opt for a professional Android Data Eraser tool. MobiKin Eraser for Android is a good choice.
What Can You Do with MobiKin Eraser for Android?
- Erase everything from your Android phone easily without recovery, including contacts, SMS, photos, videos, phone settings, and more.
- Set an erasing level from 3 options: Low Level, Medium Level, and High Level.
- Never mind the compatibility. It supports all of the Android phones. For Samsung devices, it can work perfectly on Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S7/S6, Galaxy Note9/8/7/6, Galaxy A9/A8/A7/A6, Galaxy J8/J7/J6/J5/J4, and more.
To remove photos and other files from your Samsung Galaxy permanently, you need to:
- Connect your Samsung phone to a Windows computer.
- Set a security level for data erasing.
- Click "Erase" to wipe photos and other files from your Samsung Galaxy.
- Perform a factory reset to clear the system data and settings.
Here are the details.
Step 1. Launch the software and connect the device to pc.
Once the software is downloaded on your computer, launch it and connect your Samsung device to the PC via a USB cable. You need to enable USB debugging on your Samsung phone.
Step 2. Make your Samsung phone be detected.
Please follow the on-screen instructions to make the program detect your Samsung phone. Once done, you will see the main screen as below. Now, tap on the "Erase" button to process.
Step 3. Set a security level for erasing.
Tap the word "Medium" that is next to "Security Level:" and then a window will pop up. In this window, you can select the security level according to your needs and click "OK" to confirm your option. Then type the "delete" word into the blank for confirming. Click "Erase" for data scanning.
The "Medium Level" is recommended as it promises to rewrite your Samsung Galaxy for one time and make the data 100% unrecoverable. But if the data you want to delete contains your bank records or financial info, you need to choose the "High Level".
Step 4. Erase photos & other files from Samsung phone.
Wait for the scanning process to complete. Once done, the program will erase your Samsung phone and rewrite it based on the security level you have chosen.
Step 5. Perform a factory reset.
In order to clear the system data and phone settings, you are strongly recommended to perform a factory reset on your Galaxy. The program will give a brief introduction and you can easily follow it to factory reset your Samsung phone. After that, tap on the "Continue" button. All the photos and other private files will be deleted from your Samsung phone permanently.
MobiKin Eraser for Android will wipe all the data off your Samsung phone. You need to back up your Samsung smartphone before the deletion.
You May Need:
- How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Computer? 5 Proven Ways
- How to Permanently Delete Text Messages From My Android Phone?
Some users may find that they can't delete photos from their Samsung Galaxy phones. When deleting manually from the Gallery, the photos will come back later. The reason is that they may sync the photos and videos to the Samsung Cloud, and it recovers to their devices from the cloud regularly. Therefore, if you want to remove photos permanently, you need to delete them from Samsung Cloud.
To do that, you need to delete photos from your Samsung cloud and remove them from the trash. Here's how:
Delete Photos from Samsung Cloud
- Go to Settings on your Samsung phone and choose the options of "Cloud and Accounts" -> "Samsung Cloud".
- Press "Gallery" and you will see the recently added photos. Click "View All" to preview all of the uploaded photos.
- Select the photos and tap on "Delete" to remove them from the cloud.
Remove Photos from Cloud Trash
Photos and videos deleted from Samsung Gallery will keep on Samsung Cloud trash for 15 days. If you want to remove the photos from the trash, you can:
- Open the "Gallery" app.
- Tap on "Settings".
- Select "Cloud Recycle Bin" under the "Samsung Cloud".
- You can find deleted photos and videos. Long press the one(s) that you want to remove forever.
- Tap on "Delete".
Here are the 3 ways to permanently remove photos from Samsung Galaxy. The manual deletion is more likely applied to free up space even though it can delete photos forever if you haven't backed up them. And Samsung users always manage their photos with the Samsung Cloud. If you have created a backup list to Samsung Cloud that contains the Gallery, you need to delete photos from the cloud and trash to avoid the auto recovery.
What's more, if you want to give away your Galaxy phone, you need to wipe the photos, contacts, SMS, and other data from Galaxy. MobiKin Eraser for Android is the first choice. But remember that back up your Samsung files at first.