How to Back up and Restore Text Messages on Android? 5 Hot Tips Here
If you'd like to keep a backup of your Android phone and restore it whenever you want, Google Drive might come into view. Well, as you just create that for messages, you'll find that it doesn't cover MMS by default. So, is there any other way to accomplish this with minimum effort? OK, we will get to know five hot tips to back up and restore text messages on Android phones. And you'll feel that Android Backup & Restore is the best tool to make it.
- Tip 1: Back Up and Restore Text Messages on Android via Android Backup & Restore
- Tip 2: Back Up Android SMS Messages to Google Drive and Restore Them
- Tip 3: Back Up Text Messages on Android and Restore Them via SD Card
- Tip 4: Back Up and Restore Messages on Android via SMS Backup & Restore
- Tip 5: Save and Restore MMS/SMS Messages on Android with SMS Backup +
Nowadays, almost everyone has a computer, with which you can back up and view texts on the computer conveniently. And this is especially helpful when you want to preview and print the backup content. Well, if you also want to create a backup of your SMS on a computer and restore it to any Android device, please don't miss MobiKin Backup Manager for Android (Win and Mac) (Termed Android Backup & Restore).
What can Android Backup & Restore do for you?
- Back up and restore text messages on Android with the help of a computer.
- Make a backup of your entire Android phone to a PC/Mac and restore it in one click.
- Apply to such Android files as contacts, messages, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents, and apps.
- Work well with almost all Android phones/tablets, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Google, LG, Vivo, OPPO, Motorola, ZTE, etc.
- It won't divulge your privacy.
How to back up text messages on Android via Android Backup & Restore?
Step 1. Ensure you've downloaded and installed the program on a computer. Then launch it and link Android to the computer via USB. You may now need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone to have it identified.
Step 2. When the phone is detected, click the "Backup" option from the main screen; and you'll see various file types on the interface.
Step 3. Mark "Messages" and click "Browser" to specify a specific location of your computer to save the texts. Finally, you can click "Back Up" to save SMS from Android to your computer and manage Android messages as you like.
How to restore messages on Android via Android Backup & Restore?
When you reach the main interface of the program, click "Restore" and mark "Messages" from the backup files. Then tap "Restore" again to put the messages from this computer to your Android phone.
You Might Need:
- 1-Click Text Message Forwarding on Android Phones [Live Life Easier]
- How to Print out Text Messages from Android Phone? (Best 4 Ways)
With the built-in Google Drive backup, you have the ability to back up and restore your files like SMS, app data, contacts, device settings, and call history. But please note that the messages on Google may expire and be removed from the cloud storage, assuming you're inactive for 57 days.
Here are the steps to perform SMS backup and restore using Google Drive:
- Swipe down from the top to reach the notification tray.
- Touch the "Settings" icon.
- Swipe up to get to the bottom and tap "Account" > "Google".
- Proceed to "Backup" > "Back up now".
- Once done, you can find the backups, including SMS, on the main screen of Google Drive. (Can I back up an iPhone to Google Drive?)
- Open the Google Drive app and tap "Backups" from the side menu.
- Check the most recent backup and confirm its date/time before getting them restored.
To back up Android messages locally on an SD card, you probably need to install the Backup & Restore app. But it is not necessary for devices like TECNO and Infinix. To start with, please ensure you have a functioning SD card on Android.
How to back up and restore my SMS on Android with an SD card?
- Install and launch the Backup & Restore app on Android
- Head to its "Settings" > "System" > "Backup & Restore".
- Check all your personal data, like text messages.
- Touch the "Backup" icon to get them stored on the SD card. (Rename the folder as you like)
- Start the Backup & Restore app and tap on the "Restore" tab.
- Choose a backup from the SD card to restore.
- 6 Proven Methods to Retrieve Text Messages from Old Phone Numbers [Android & iPhone]
- [Solved!] How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Android?
As a robust SMS backup tool, SMS Backup & Restore gives you another easy option to set a backup of your phone for flexible restore. "Where is SMS backup & restore?" You can get it from Google Play. Next, how to back up text messages on Android and restore them with SMS Backup & Restore?
- Open SMS Backup and Restore and give permissions to all necessary terms and conditions.
- Tap "SET UP A BACKUP".
- Mark "Call logs" to back up your Android messages.
- Click "NEXT" at the bottom-right corner.
- Choose your preferred cloud storage and sign in with the account.
- Set your upload preferences: over WI-FI or WHILE CHARGING.
- Tap "NEXT" again and pick the preferred backup frequency.
- Press "BACK UP NOW".
- Head to the top-left corner of the app.
- Grant all required permissions and tap "RESTORE".
- Go to the location where the backup is kept.
- Sign in to your account if needed and hit "RESTORE" again.
- Click "OK" to set it as the default SMS app if you wish. Then choose "SMS Backup & Restore" > "Set as default".
To use SMS Backup +, you have to enable "IMAP Access" for the Gmail account. You can do it by logging in to your Google account > proceed to "Settings" > "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" > turn on "IMAP Access" > "OK". If it fails to work, just try the app's beta version instead.
How to back up and restore text messages on Android via SMS Backup +?
- Install SMS Backup + on your phone after getting it from Google Play.
- Run the app and click "Connect".
- Select a Gmail account you desire to link with the app.
- Click "Backup" > tap "Skip" to choose the backup settings.
- After that, it'll automatically back up Android data to Google Drive.
- Start the app and get into your account.
- Click "Restore" and choose the backup files.
- By default, all texts stored on your Google account will be restored to your phone.
Are you planning to move SMS to a new Android phone with the aid of a PC/Mac? Or do you need to transfer all text messages on a computer without occupying an SD card or cloud space? If so, don't hesitate to think of MobiKin Backup Manager for Android as your go-to tool. Otherwise, try any methods said above, depending on your situation. Finally, please share this post on social media if you find it helpful.