Way to Backup and Restore Android Text Messages
One of the main reasons why a user should back up the data on their Android phones is to make sure that important information is not lost. Because data can be lost through:
- User accidentally deletes messages from their Android phones;
- Files are corrupt due to unexpected reasons;
- Physical damages to the phone that goes beyond repair. Therefore, info on the phone cannot be accessed again.
All of which are reasons why SMS will need to be backed up and restored to the Android phone. Actually we have two different solutions to help you do the SMS backup and restore process.
People usually insert an SD card into their Android phones for storing large files, such as photos, videos and music files. You can manage files on SD card. In fact, you can also export text messages and photo messages to this SD card and insert it to your new Android phone in turns.
1) Tap on Menu & Messages on your Android phone
2) Choose the text messages you want to transfer and then touch Options or Menu button
3) Select the Save to SD Card option and then your selected SMS/MMS will be transferred to your SD memory card
4) Now, you can insert the SD card to your new phone and view those text messages on the new phone.
Note: The solution above only works on the Android operating systems that allows for message import/export. If your Android OS doesn't allow that, you will have to use an additional app for help.
MobiKin Assistant for Android or Assistant for Android (Mac Version) enables you to transfer text messages from Android to computer, and import text messages from computer into your Android phone. In addition to SMS messages, this program also allows you to transfer contacts, photos, videos, music, apps and more other files from Android to PC or Mac, and vice versa.
Step 1. Install Android SMS backup restore tool
Now you can follow the steps to download the program on your PC or Mac by clicking the buttons below. Launch its interface and then connect your Android phone to the computer via a USB cable.
Step 2. Backup Android text messages
1. After Android SMS Backup & Restore tool detects your connected Android phone, it will show the phone in the interface. Choose the "Super Toolkit" option from the top menu to enter the 1-click backup & restore screen.
2. Click the "Backup" tab to bring out a new window that shows all the file types you can backup. Select the Messages category, click Browse to choose an output location and click "Back Up" button to save the text messages to your computer.
Step 3. Restore Android text messages
The backed up Android text messages will be located on your computer. Next time if you want to restore those backed up SMS back to your phone, you can also use this Android SMS backup & restore tool to transfer them to your phone by enterring the Super Toolkit window, clicking the Restore tab and choose the Messages category to restore to your Android device.
With Android Backup Restore software, you can backup and restore text messages from or to any Android phones with one-click.