How to Transfer Music from Computer/Mac to Android? (6 Best Ways)
Want to transfer music from PC/Mac to your Android so that you can enjoy the favorite songs whenever and wherever? Then you can't miss this article. It covers 6 quick and safe ways on how to transfer music from computer to Android, including transfer via USB cable, file transfer software, Google Play Music, Android File Transfer, AirDroid and cloud drive.
It is possible that you also want to learn:
- How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Computer? (4 Ways Included)
- Android SMS Transfer - 4 Ways to Transfer Text Messages from Android to Computer
Now let's learn how to copy songs from computer to Android phone/tablet in different ways! (If needed, you can click to learn how to transfer music from Android to computer>>)
- #1 Transfer Music from PC to Android via USB
- #2 Transfer Music from PC/Mac to Android via MobiKin Assistant for Android
- #3 Sync Songs from Computer to Android via Google Play Music
- #4 Transfer Music from Mac to Android via Android File Transfer
- #5 Transfer Music to Android from Computer Using AirDroid
- #6 Transfer Music from Computer to Android via Cloud Drive
Transferring songs from PC to Android via USB cable is one of the oldest and widely used methods of file transfers. It is always simple and straightforward such that even someone without background knowledge in the technology can do it. By using this way, you do not need to prepare anything but an available USB cable.
Steps to transfer music from PC to Android via USB cable:
- Connect your Android phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Turn on USB debugging on your Android device and select an applicable USB connection type if required.
- On your PC, you need to choose and copy the songs you want to transfer to Android.
- Click on "This PC" > your phone's name > "Music" and paste the copied songs to this folder.
If you want to move songs from PC or Mac to Android without USB cable, then you can use the file transfer software named MobiKin Assistant for Android. This transfer tool allows you to transfer files between computer and Android via Wi-Fi (transfer via USB cable is also available). What's more important, it provides users with 2 versions: Windows and Mac version. That means you can use it to transfer data from PC or Mac to Android without restrictions.
Main Features of MobiKin Assistant for Android:
- It provides 2 different connection types: USB connection and Wi-Fi connection;
- Support to transfer files from computer to Android and from Android to computer;
- Its supported file types are various, including music, photos, videos, contacts, text messages, call logs and so on;
- It allows you to manage your Android data on computer without hassles.
Now just click the right icon below to download and install the needed version on your computer and then go with the steps to sync files from PC/Mac to Android by using MobiKin Assistant for Android. (We will take Windows version as an example. If you are a Mac user, you can click to learn how to sync data on Mac to Android device>>)
Here is how to transfer music from PC to Android by using MobiKin Assistant for Android:
- Launch the program on your PC and then connect your Android to the program via Wi-Fi.
- Once the program recognizes your Android phone successfully, you will see the primary interface of the software.
- Choose the "Music" option in the left panel.
- Click on "New" in the right column and then select the wanted songs from computer.
- Tap on "Open" to start transferring music from PC to Android.
Google Play Music is also a good option to sync songs from computer to Android. To achieve your goal by using this method, you just need to upload the songs you want from computer to Google Play Music and then they will be synced to the Play Music App on your Android and you can listen to them without restrictions. But to complete that, please first ensure that you have a Google account.
Tutorial on how to sync music to Android from computer via Google Play Music:
- Download, install and run the Google Play Music Manager on your computer.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Select the location where your music files stored and the tool will upload the songs to the Music Manager.
- Then you need to tick off the option "Automatically upload songs added to my selected folders".
- Next, you can click on "Add folder" to upload additional songs saved in other folders.
- Once you uploaded all the desired songs, please click on "Apply".
- Now you can open the Play Music App on your Android and sign in with the same Google account.
- Then click on the "Menu" button and choose "Music library".
- Tap on the song you want to listen to and click on "More" > "Download" to sync the song to your Android device.
For the users who just want to transfer music from Mac computer to Android, using Android File Transfer is also feasible. It makes file transfer between Mac and Android devices possible and easier - the App can share all types of files on Android, iOS device and Mac computer efficiently.
Guide on how to copy songs from Mac to Android via Android File Transfer:
- Open the Android File Transfer App on your Mac computer.
- Connect your Android phone to the Mac using a USB cable.
- Select the music files you wish to transfer from the computer and place them on the phone by dragging them.
- Wait till the transferring process ends and then disconnect the phone.
Maybe you also want to know:
- Best Android File Transfer Alternatives for Mac
- 9 Quick & Safe Ways to Fix Android File Transfer Not Working on Mac
Making use of AirDroid is another wireless way to transfer songs from PC/Mac to Android device. This tool empowers users to share all types of files including music and videos between Android, iOS device and computer. However, before you move music files from computer to Android via AirDroid, you need to set both devices in the same network first.
Guide to transfer music to Android from computer via AirDroid:
- Download and install the App on all the devices to be used.
- Open the App on your mobile phone and go through the intro screen until you reach the connection tab.
- Get the IP address of the network that your phone connected to from the second URL bar.
- Go to your computer and enter the URL in a browser.
- Then click on "Accept" on your Android phone to connect two devices.
- At last, you can simply drag and drop the wanted music files from computer to AirDroid.
Cloud drive is one of the most convenient ways to sync music from computer to Android. That's because users can upload music or other files from computer to cloud drive like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. and then download them from the cloud storage service to Android device with ease. What's more important, many cloud drives on the market provide free storage space for users. That means you can use it for free, which is also the reason why cloud drive is so popular today.
However, the supported file types of different cloud drives are disparate so you need to choose the suitable one according to your need. After that, you can download the App on your computer and Android device then go with the on-screen prompts to upload and download the music files you want.
It is possible that you want to know:
- Android Cloud Backup - Tutorial to Back Up Android Phone to Different Cloud
- Android Backup: How to Backup Android Photos to Cloud?
These are 6 best ways to transfer music from computer to Android. All these transfer solutions are simple and secure so you can choose any means as you like. In my opinion, using MobiKin Assistant for Android is the most ideal option since it is easy to follow and you can do many other things with the tool.
Anyway, just choose one method and follow the tutorial to transfer your music files. And if you have any problem during the transferring process, please leave your common below to let us know.