4 Means to Recover Deleted Videos from Mi Phone with/without Backup
Like some other premium smartphones, Xiaomi Mi/Redmi Note firmly sticks to the concept of democratization with reasonable prices, gaining popularity year by year.
Shooting video clips with Xiaomi phones happen almost every day, and it's also commonplace for Mi users to delete videos by mistake when they speed up the phones. Alright, accident deletion is one of the main reasons for video loss. Any other reasons for this problem? How to recover deleted video from Mi phone or Mi Pad if you lost them accidentally?
Well, please go through this step-by-step tutorial to know the causes and the solutions.
- Part 1: Scenarios for Xiaomi/Redmi/Mi Video Loss
- Part 2: How to Retrieve Deleted Videos in Mi Phone from Mi Cloud Storage
- Part 3: How to Recover Deleted Videos from Redmi/Xiaomi via Xiaomi Backup App
- Part 4: How to Recover Deleted Videos from Xiaomi via Google Drive
- Part 5: How to Recover Deleted Video from Mi Phone without Backup
- Part 6: Useful Tips to Protect Data on Xiaomi/Redmi/Mi
Before we know how to recover deleted files from Mi phone, let's take a look at what causes data/video loss on Xiaomi first.
As you know, memory cards and SD cards undergo several read & write processes, and thus there are high chances that accidental deletion or corruption of data on the cards may arise. On top of that, some other factors as follows are to blame as well. They are:
- Inadvertent deletion.
- Formatted SD card/device.
- Corrupted SD card.
- Malware and viruses.
- Format error.
- Interruption while transferring data.
- Improper handling of Memory Card.
- Improper removal of the SD card.
- Malfunction or corruption to a system file.
- Using the same card on different smartphones.
Note, please don't save new files on your Mi phone after any data loss - it's best to keep your phone out of your hand temporarily - to enhance the recovery rate of videos or other items on your Mi phone, because new coming data will overwrite the deleted files and make them disappear permanently.
You May Also Like:
- [Tutorial] 5 Ways to Backup & Restore Xiaomi MIUI/Redmi 7/6
- How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone? 100% Work!
As one of the functions of Xiaomi phones, Mi Cloud acts as a service like iCloud on iPhones. It boasts 5 GB of free storage. If you have backed up Mi files to the Cloud, you can do simple operations on it from Xiaomi phone to recover deleted videos.
How to recover deleted videos on Redmi Note 5 Pro/Mi 10/Mi 9 from Mi Cloud?
- Log in to your Mi Account from your device's "Settings".
- Tap on "Mi Cloud".
- A window will appear asking you to log in to your Mi Account.
- After logging in, go for "Restore from backup" > "Restore" using this backup.
- The file types you can restore will be displayed.
- Choose the videos, select which you want, and tap "Restore".
How to recover deleted photos in Redmi? You can do something similar as above until you reach the last step (here, choose photos instead).
Xiaomi Backup App comes pre-installed on the device. If you have a copy of your phone data on it before the deletion takes place, you can try to fetch them on your Mi phone easily.
How to restore deleted video from Mi phone via Xiaomi Backup app?
- On your Xiaomi smartphone, open Xiaomi Backup app.
- A list of recoverable files will be on the screen.
- Choose the videos you want to restore from the list.
- Tap "Restore" to get lost videos back.
- How to Send Large Videos on Android: The Complete Guide
- iPhone to Xiaomi Transfer: Transfer iPhone Data to Xiaomi Mi/Note/Redmi
Like Mi Cloud, Google Drive allows its users to back up and restore Xiaomi items directly. The Drive can be accessed on most mobile phones and delivers 15 GB of free space.
How to access the backup files of your Mi phone on Google Drive to recover deleted videos/photos?
- Go to https://google.com/drive or access the Google Drive app.
- You'll see a list of files that have been uploaded.
- You can enter the file name in the search box.
- Click the files to preview and right-click your desired ones to restore.
- Tap on "Download".
So, do you want to retrieve deleted videos from Xiaomi/Mi/Redmi without backup? Just give MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win and Mac) a try. Besides being a piece of Xiaomi data recovery software, this intelligent tool is compatible with almost any other Android phone/tablet. It makes your Android video recovery as easy as ABC.
Why choose MobiKin Doctor for Android?
- Recover deleted videos from Mi phone/Xiaomi/Redmi internal storage or SD card.
- It also works for data like contacts, call logs, text messages, audio, photos, and documents.
- Preview deleted or lost files on a computer before retrieving.
- Carry the "Quick Scan" and "Deep Scan" options to fully scan out the lost videos.
- Apply to almost all Android devices, including Xiaomi Mi 10/Mi 9/Mi 9 Pro/Mi 9 SE/Mi 8/ Mi 8 Pro/Mi 7, Mi MIX 3, Mi MIX 2S, Redmi Note 10/9/8/7 Pro/4/4A/4g, 3S/3S Prime/3S Plus, Redmi Pro, Mi Max, Mix, etc.
- 100% clean and secure.
How to retrieve deleted videos from Mi phone with Doctor for Android?
Step 1. Connect your Mi phone to a computer
Install and start this product on your computer. Link your Mi phone to this computer using a USB cable. Then you may need to enable USB debugging on the Mi phone to let the tool recognize the device.
Step 2. Scan out the videos on Xiaomi/Mi/Redmi
Once connected, tick on "Videos", click "Next", and choose a scanning mode to scan for the device. Here, you can run a thorough scan by following the on-screen hint to root your phone if the program can't detect the deleted videos.
Step 3. Recover deleted videos from Mi phone
After scanning, just preview and select the videos you want from the program interface. Then tap "Recover" to restore deleted videos from Mi phone.
Below are three practical tips for you to preserve precious files on your Mi phone:
- Back up your Android data routinely: Taking a regular backup of your files enables you to deal with data loss scenarios with ease.
- Try to avoid formatting and reset the Mi phone: If you format or perform a factory/hard reset on Android, it may delete all the data stored on the device.
- Enable the automatic screen locking feature of your phone: Sometimes, your friend or kids may pick up your device to check the videos/photos, and they may accidentally delete some of them. A screen lock can better keep the phone from someone else.
The Bottom Line
It goes without saying that partial or complete video loss causes upset and stress. With copies created, you can easily recover the lost clips on the Mi phone. But what if there is no backup? Fear not! MobiKin Doctor for Android offers a data rescue solution, helping recover deleted videos from Xiaomi Mi/Redmi Note without any backups.