4 Useful Ways to Transfer Contacts to SIM Card (Android & iPhone)
Have you ever had a false alarm? When you remove the SIM card from the old phone and insert it into the new one, you suddenly find there is a lot less in the contact list. At first glance, you may think it is caused by the loss of a SIM card, but on a closer look, you will discover that the "missing" items are prominently displayed in the phonebook on your old phone. Well, at this point, you'll need to perform the phone to SIM card transfer.
So, do you know how to transfer contacts to SIM card from an Android device or iPhone? Check out this beginner's guide. And you'll find that your attention is well worth it.
- Part 1: Why Do We Need to Copy Contacts to SIM Card?
- Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts to SIM Card from Android via Contacts App
- Part 3: How to Save Contacts to SIM Card on Android through Settings
- Part 4: How to Copy Contacts to SIM Card from Android with Easy Backup
- Part 5: How to Copy Contacts to SIM Card from iPhone with Email
- Part 6: Alternative Way to Transfer Contacts to Computer
Part 1: Why Do We Need to Copy Contacts to SIM Card?
You will most be likely to transfer contacts to a SIM card from your phone when you encounter any of the following situations:
- Reduce contact loss caused by a damaged Android phone. (How to recover contacts from an Android phone with a broken screen?)
- You need to transfer contacts from your old phone to a new one.
- You're going to use a better business phone.
- Some contacts on your work phone will need to be migrated to your personal phone.
You May Also Like:
- Contact Backup and Restore: How to Backup & Restore Android Contacts?
- [Top 4 Ways] How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Computer/PC?
Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts to SIM Card from Android via Contacts App
The pre-installed contacts app makes it convenient for you to copy phone numbers with their details from Android to a SIM card. You have the option to perform the task in two different ways. Here's how to save contacts to a SIM card on Android with this app:
* Transferring Groups of Contacts to SIM via the Contacts App:
- Go to your Android "Contacts" app > "More" > "Manage contacts".
- When you choose "Export", you can decide where you wish to put your contacts.
- Select "SIM 1" and tap "Export" to save items on your SIM card.
* Transferring Individual Contact to SIM with the Contacts App:
- Run your Contacts app and check the details of individual contact. (Cannot find the exact contacts on your device? How to recover deleted contacts from SIM card?)
- Press the three-dot icon with the "More" icon nearby.
- Select "Copy" or "Share" and set the "SIM" as the destination.
Part 3: How to Save Contacts to SIM Card on Android through Settings
In addition to using the mobile phone's built-in contact app, the Settings also harbors the "Import/export" feature to help you complete the transmission of contacts. This method is especially useful when the previous one fails to work. Check the steps to see how to transfer contacts to a SIM card on Android via Settings:
- Open your Android device's "Settings" > "Phone" > "Contacts".
- Press "Import/export".
- Hit "Export to SIM card".
- Choose files you intend to migrate. (Here, you can go for "Select all" to transfer all your contacts simultaneously.)
- How to Fix Contacts Disappeared from Android? [Definitive Guide]
- Where Are Contacts Stored on Android Phones & How to Export Them?
Part 4: How to Copy Contacts to SIM Card from Android with Easy Backup
Those with simple backup needs can take advantage of Easy Backup to keep a copy of contacts, through which you can export contacts to VCF files from Android and email them to yourself. And after that, you'll see the copies both in the cloud and locally.
How to transfer contacts to a SIM card via Easy Backup?
- Get Easy Backup on your Android phone.
- Install and open the app.
- Create an account using your FB, Google details, or email address.
- Give Easy Backup permissions to access your contacts.
- Tap on "Backup now".
- Go to the "My Backups" section before choosing "Cloud Backups".
- Select a backup file to restore and pick "Tap to Download".
- After that, select "Preview", go for the contacts you want to transfer, and click "Restore Contacts". The app also gives you the option to export the content to SIM.
Part 5: How to Copy Contacts to SIM Card from iPhone with Email
Email offers you the opportunity to get your iPhone contacts onto the SIM. But please note that an Android phone is essential before getting the job done well. You should select individual contact at a time and email the content one by one to Android. Finally, you'll be allowed to import the stuff to the SIM card.
How to export contacts from Android to SIM by Email?
- On your iPhone, run its "Contacts" app and locate the contacts you need to save onto the SIM card.
- Choose a contact, followed by "Share Contact".
- Press the "Mail" sign to download the vCards you just shared via email on your computer.
- Link your Android phone to the computer through USB.
- Head to "Contacts" on Android and tap "Import from USB storage".
- Confirm if the items have been stored on the Android device.
- Go to the "Contacts" > "Import/Export" > "Export to SIM card.
Part 6: Alternative Way to Transfer Contacts to Computer
After completing the phone to SIM card transfer, many folks may consider that if the card is lost or damaged, contacts imported into it will be inaccessible. Indeed, it's quite important to secure the items in separate storage like a computer. As such, try MobiKin Assistant for Android (Windows and Mac) to do the transfer or take further control of your mobile content.
What can MobiKin Assistant for Android do?
- Transfer contacts from Android to computer, saving them in VCF, HTML, CSV, XML, Outlook, or BAK format.
- Manage/edit Android contacts and other items on a computer directly.
- Copy content between Android phones and computers.
- Work for such files as contacts, call logs, messages, pictures, videos, music, documents, apps, etc.
- Easily back up and restore Android devices with one click.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices, including Samsung, Xiaomi, LG, Sony, OPPO, Huawei, Motorola, Google, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
Steps for transferring Android contacts to a computer with Assistant for Android:
- Install the downloaded program on a computer and open it.
- Connect your Android device to the computer before the tool recognizes it automatically.
- Go to the "Contacts" > "All Contacts" from the left menu.
- View and choose all the contacts you want to migrate.
- Press "Export", choose a backup format and save the chosen items on this computer.
Upon reading this passage, do you have a deeper understanding of how to transfer contacts to a SIM card? Of course, you can back up your items to a computer at your disposal, as mentioned in the last part. When doing this, it's recommended to store the contacts in CSV or VCF format. This will make it easier to import content to any Android phone or iPhone whenever you desire.
How to Print out Contact List from Android Phone (Way 1 Is Incredible)
How to Import CSV Contacts to Android Phones with Simple Clicks?
Ultimate Guide on How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android in 2022
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card Easily & Quickly?
4 Brilliant Techniques to Delete Contacts on Android Phone
12 Workable Methods to Get "iPhone SIM Not Supported" Bypassed [Must-read]