5 Solutions to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone with/without Backup
Gone are the days of taking notes with pen and ink on a sheet of paper. Nowadays, Apple fans tend to use the Notes app on iPhone or iPad to record personal data from meeting arrangements, project ideas to shopping lists, account & password info, etc. But as notes are easy to get lost at times for many reasons, how to recover deleted notes on iPhone can be a little anxiety when you find the important stuff disappear from the Notes app.
OK, in this step-by-step instruction on iPhone notes recovery, you will get to know 5 incredible methods to get back deleted notes on iPhone. Now, without further ado, this easy tutorial will tell you how.
- Part 1: How to Retrieve Deleted Notes on iPhone with Recently Deleted
- Part 2: How to Get Back Deleted Notes on iPhone via iTunes Backup
- Part 3: How to Undelete Notes on iPhone with iCloud Backup
- Part 4: How to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone without Data Loss [Hot!]
- Part 5: Find Deleted Notes on iPhone by Checking Email Accounts
- Extra Tip: Back Up Your iPhone Regularly to Secure the Data on It
iPhone users might recover disappeared photos from the Recently Deleted album. So, is this method workable for recovering deleted iPhone notes?
Well, good question! Similarly, if you accidentally deleted notes on iPhone with iOS 9.0 or later, you can try to retrieve the items from the Recently Deleted folder within the Notes app. Yet you have only 30 days to regain the notes after removing them from your device.
How to recover deleted notes on iPhone with Recently deleted?
- Open the "Notes" app on your iPhone.
- Push the "back" arrow at the top left until you get the "Folders" menu.
- Tap "Recently Deleted" > "Edit".
- Dots will appear on the left menu in the "Recently Deleted" folder.
- Touch any dot next to the Note you're to recover.
- Press "Move To..." at the lower-left corner.
- Hit "Notes" to return it to the location with the rest of your notes.
Tips: When you get into the Recently deleted folder, you can go to the Search box and enter a word or phrase about the notes you're looking for.
You May Also Like:
- How to Retrieve Deleted Call Log from iPhone with or without Backup?
- [Fixed in 2020] How to Recover Deleted Data from Android Internal Memory?
You don't have to be worried about the matter of "iPhone notes undo delete" as long as you have synced your iPhone to iTunes. Before the task, ensure that the computer you use stores the iTunes backup file you intend to recover.
To retrieve deleted notes on iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/SE/8/7/6 via iTunes backup:
- Launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Link your iPhone to the computer via a lightning USB cord.
- After iTunes recognize your iPhone, tap the device icon from the iTunes interface.
- Select "Restore Backup" and opt for the backup that includes the lost notes.
- Click "Restore" to confirm and wait for the procedure to complete.
- Your iPhone should restart automatically finally.
Notice: It isn't a flexible way to recover deleted notes on iPhone via iTunes backup, as iTunes would restore all your content from the iTunes backup file and overwrite the current data on your device at last.
If you had enabled the iCloud backup feature from iPhone Settings, then the deleted notes might be in an iCloud backup file. Now, you can try to fetch them via iCloud. Yet this process will erase your iPhone. So you might as well back up your iPhone before iPhone notes recovery.
How to get back deleted notes on iPhone via iCloud backup?
- On your iPhone, head over to Settings > General > Reset.
- Press Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap "Restore from iCloud Backup" > sign in to your Apple ID.
- Select a backup record that contains your deleted iPhone notes to regain the lost items.
Check if You Need:
- Top 6 Contacts Backup Solutions for iPhone and Android
- Tips to Recover Deleted or Lost Calendar on iPhone
Can you recover deleted notes on iPhone without deleting data on the device? This could be the main concern for those who have lost notes. Well, if you lose any iPhone data and don't do some complicated operations on your device, MobiKin Doctor for iOS can easily help you retrieve the lost content without losing any data.
This program runs well on overall Windows and Mac computers, boasting a high success rate for iOS file recovery. Moreover, it goes well beyond iCloud and iTunes backups' capabilities.
Key highlights of Doctor for iOS:
- Recover deleted/lost files from iPhone without deleting existing data on your device.
- The supported data types: notes, photos, videos, text messages, contacts, call records, calendar, voice memos, etc.
- Retrieve iPhone content from iOS device, or iTunes backups selectively or completely.
- Enable you to preview and choose the data for recovery on a computer.
- It delivers a simple interface and is easy to use.
- Get along well with various iDevices, covering iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPods, iPads, etc.
- It never records its users' privacy.
How to undelete notes on iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery?
Step 1. Run the program on your computer
Launch the installed software on your computer and select "Recover from iTunes Backup File" from the screen. Then, all iTunes backup files that you have made on the computer will be scanned out automatically.
Step 2. Scan iTunes backup for deleted notes
Choose the iTunes backup record you need and click "Start Scan". Then , you'll get the main screen of the program. All file types that can be recovered are listed here. Subsequently, mark "Notes", "Note Attachments" from the screen and click the "Start Scan" button again.
Step 3. Recover deleted notes from iPhone
Once all notes in the backup file are scanned out. You can preview and choose the deleted notes you want to restore, click on "Recover to Computer", and save them on this computer.
After that, you can check all the recovered note files on the location of your computer.
For those who used the mail like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, GMX Mail, etc., to set up an iPhone but now lose the notes after removing the email account, just give this method a shot, though it might not work.
Directions for restoring notes on iPhone by checking Email accounts:
- Go to iPhone "Settings" and tap "Accounts & Passwords".
- Tap on Gmail (or Yahoo, Outlook, GMX Mail, etc.)
- Slide the "Notes" option on.
- Once done, run the "Notes" app on your iPhone.
- See if the missing notes reappear on the device.
Instead of considering the issue on "iPhone notes disappeared...how to recover...", it's better to develop a habit of backing up iPhones regularly. Alright, in the information age, people pay much more attention to the protection of personal info. And now, more folks are willing to make backups of their device than ever before.
So, What software or service should we choose? Here, MobiKin Assistant for iOS (Win and Mac) is the most recommended tool for iPhone backup & restore and iOS device management. This smart utility allows you to back up your iPhone data to your computer for safety. With it, you don't need to worry about the insecure backup service like the cloud storage - iCloud. And you don't have to put up with the awful experience brought by iTunes in terms of iPhone file recovery.
Thus, just download this tool and perform tasks with its free trial now.
How to back up your iPhone to a computer with Assistant for iOS? (Quick guide)
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch the program after the installation.
- After the tool recognize your device, choose the data type(s) from the left menu > select the specific items > click "Export" to save the chosen content on your computer.
- Or you can go to Super Toolkit > iTunes Backup & Restore > hit "Backup" > choose your device for backup > press "Backup".
Lost the Notes icon on your iPhone screen? Get it back now.
Firstly, if you find the Notes app icon disappeared from your iPhone, you need to check all screens and folders with care or search for it through Spotlight.
Next, once you are sure that you accidentally deleted the Notes application on the iPhone, you can go right to App Store to re-download it.
Finally, just toggle on the Notes option on iCloud to get back all your notes.