4 Simple Ways to Restore Contacts from iCloud [100% Working]
There are many reasons for the loss of contacts, maybe you deleted contacts on your iPhone by mistake, maybe your phone failed to update iOS. Whatever the reason, you urgently need to recover lost contacts on your iPhone now. You remember that you backed up contacts to iCloud before, so is it possible to restore contacts from iCloud? of course can. In this post, we will show you 4 ways to get contacts back through iCloud. Each method is different but effective. You can choose one according to your needs.
If your iPhone is inaccessible or lost, but you have an iCloud backup of your contacts, it can be helpful when you want to retrieve accidentally deleted contacts. You can go to icloud.com to get back your lost contacts.
How do I get my iPhone contacts back from iCloud.com?
How to extract contacts from iPhone backup via iCloud website?
- Open icloud.com in a web browser on your computer and log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click "Settings", and then under "Advanced", click "Contacts". You will find all contacts listed.
- You can use the top search bar to find the contact you want to retrieve based on date and time, or contact keywords. You can also hold down the "Ctrl" key to select multiple contacts.
- After selecting the contacts you want, click "Settings" in the lower left corner and select "Export vCard".
- The recovered contacts will be restored to your PC as VCF files.
- What if iPhone Won't Restore? Here Are the Full List of Fixes
- How to Fix Contacts Disappeared from Android? [Definitive Guide]
Of course, you can also choose to restore the entire iCloud backup to your iPhone. Although this method will find lost contacts on iCloud, all current data on your phone will be deleted and replaced with a new backup file. This can lead to new data loss issues. Therefore, it is necessary for us to make a backup of your iPhone before performing the following operations.
Here's how to completely restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup file:
- On your iPhone, open "Settings" > "General" > "Reset".
- Select "Erase All Content and Settings", then enter your passcode and wait for the device to be wiped and restarted.
- When the device restarts, follow the prompts until you reach the "Apps and Data" screen. At this point, select "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Select the backup file to restore from the list and wait until the process is complete.
If you've synced your iCloud contacts with your iOS device, you can also use the merge option to get numbers off iCloud on your iDevice. When using this scenario, make sure your device is connected to a stable network throughout the recovery process.
Here are the steps to merge contacts from iCloud:
- Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and select iCloud. (Please note that you are logged in with your Apple ID).
- Turn off the "Contacts" option.
- Select "Keep on my iPhone" in the pop-up box.
- Slide Contacts to On.
- Select "Merge" and the contacts from iCloud will appear on your iPhone.
Note: It should be noted that the Merge iCloud Contacts option will merge your iCloud backup contacts with the existing contacts on your iPhone and iPad. Such a result may lead to duplicate contacts, which will definitely bring some trouble to you in managing contacts. See how to remove duplicate contacts on iPhone.
You May Also Wonder:
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card Easily & Quickly?
- How to Share Multiple Contacts on iPhones (6 Great Ways)
Through the above three methods, we can easily find that these are not the best solutions to get contacts back through icloud. But don't give up, we have a way to access the backup file and then just select the lost contacts to recover, and the whole recovery process is quick and easy, and that is to use a third-party iCloud contacts recovery tool - iPhone Data Recovery. It allows you to access your iCloud backup files, and then extract only the contacts you need to recover from the iCloud backup to the PC.
Core features of iPhone Data Recovery:
- It can extract and restore data from iCloud and iTunes backup files.
- It can scan and restore data directly from your iPhone/iPad without backup.
- It allows you to preview data before recovery and then selectively recover what you need.
- It supports to recover notes, contacts, call logs, text messages, photos, videos, music, voice memos, books, etc.
- It is very simple to use, only takes a few clicks to complete the recovery process.
- Play functions on overall iOS devices, containing iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini, iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
How to get my contacts back on iPhone selectively with iPhone Data Recovery?
Step 1. Install and launch iPhone Data Recovery
Download and install this iCloud Contacts Recovery tool on your computer. Launch it and select "Recover from iCloud Backup File". Then, input your Apple ID and password to sign in your iCloud account.
Step 2. Download iCloud backup file to computer
All the iCloud backup records your have made will be displayed in the program window. Select the one you need and click "Download" to save the backup file on this computer.
Step 3. Preview and select the contacts you need
Click "Contacts" from the left column, and all the contacts in the iCloud backup will be listed in the interface. You can preview the details of the contacts and select those you want to get back.
Step 4. Restore contact list from iCloud
After checking all the contacts you want to restore, you can click "Recover" in bottom-right corner to get old/lost contacts from iCloud. The restored contacts from iCloud will be saved on your computer with three formats, CSV, HTML and VCF.
In a Nutshell
In this article, we mainly show you 4 easy ways to restore contacts from iCloud. If you lost some important contacts on your iPhone, you can use one of the above methods to restore them. We recommend you try iPhone Data Recovery as it gives you the flexibility to access backup files and selectively restore backups to your device. This ensures that existing data on the device is protected.
Anyway, if you still have questions about restoring contacts from iCloud, or have any thoughts on this topic and any other iOS related issues, feel free to leave your comments below. We will do our best to help.