2 Effective Ways to Retrieve Deleted Contacts on iPhone without Backup
The Contacts app on iPhones facilitates us to make a phone call, text our friends, send an email, etc. It's so important that we can't afford to lose it. For instance, we might mistakenly delete some contacts while organizing our iPhone contact list, only to find that we forgot to back up iPhone contacts to a computer, iTunes, or iCloud.
Oh, what a pity! We will be likely to haste to find ways on how to retrieve deleted contacts on iPhone without backup. It seems like a grim topic, but it doesn't matter much. Now, we are here to share with you two easy methods to counter this.
Is it possible to recover deleted contacts on an iPhone without backup? Well, powerful third-party programs like MobiKin Doctor for iOS can do this well in almost any case without a doubt. To use it, all you need to do is to link your iPhone to a computer for running a deep scan, preview, select, and recover deleted contacts at your will.
This dedicated software has always proved its high success rate. To get the most out of it, we recommend that you stop using your iPhone for the moment after getting the contacts deleted.
Main highlights of Doctor for iOS:
- Selectively retrieve deleted contacts on iPhones without backup.
- Restore contacts from iTunes backups without deleting the original items on the iDevice.
- It also recovers data like call logs, text messages, pictures, videos, calendars, Safari history, notes, and many more.
- Easy to use, quick recovery, no data loss, completely clean and safe.
- Compatible with a full range of iOS devices, containing iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPods, iPads, etc.
- It can well protect your privacy.
Sound great? Just download this magic tool and give it a shot now.
How to get deleted contacts back on iPhone without backup using Doctor for iOS?
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to a computer
Install and run this iPhone data recovery software on your computer. Choose "Recover from iOS Device" from the screen. Now, link your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
Step 2. Preview and select your lost contacts
Now, you'll get the main interface of the program. Choose "Contacts" and click "Start Scan". After that, you can preview the lost/deleted iPhone contacts on this computer.
Step 3. Retrieve deleted contacts on iPhone without backup
Select all your wanted contacts deleted from your iPhone and click "Recover to Computer" to restore them without backup on this computer.
- How to Retrieve Deleted Call Log from iPhone with or without Backup?
- How to Retrieve Deleted Music from iPhone 12/11/X/8/7/6S/5S?
"How do I get my contacts back without a backup or 3rd-party tool"? If you need to restore a small number of contacts on your iPhone, and they are the ones you often keep in contact with, you can try the Messages application, the built-in app on an iPhone. (with this app, you can find old text messages on your iPhone as well.)
This method is not known to most people, perhaps. And it doesn't guarantee that you successfully recover deleted iPhone contacts without backup, but it is easy to use and worth a try.
How to restore/retrieve contacts on iPhone without iCloud/iTunes via iPhone Messages app?
- Go to the iPhone's Messages app.
- Create a new message.
- In the "To" field, type the name or number of the contact you deleted from your phone book.
- The contact info of number and name may pop up.
- Tap the "i" circle to "Create New Contact" based on the number.
Check if You Need:
- How to Import VCF to iPhone 12/11/11/Xs/XR/X/SE? (Productivity Tips)
- How to Share Multiple Contacts on iPhones (6 Great Ways)
Aside from iCloud and iTunes, E-mail can also be a handy tool, helping back up your iPhone contacts without technical hassles. After that, it lets you retrieve the backup content at any time when it is still active. Well, how can I back up iPhone contacts to Email? Here is the easy guide:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Go to Passwords & Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Touch "Exchange" among the given options.
- Type in the required username and password of your email.
- On the next screen, click "Save and Export" and wait until the process completes.
* Frequently Asked Questions about Deleted iPhone Contacts:
Q1. How do I know if my iPhone contacts are backed up to iTunes?
A. iTunes stores all your backups you create on your computer. You can check out each iTunes backup by going to the default folder where you kept the backup files. (Where is the iTunes backup location?)
Q2. Contacts got deleted after the iCloud sync. Why is it impossible to retrieve them?
A. It sounds like when you enabled that feature, it synced your iPhone contacts from that provider and then deleted the other contacts you had there, it would seem.
Q3. I've retrieved all the deleted contacts on a computer. Can I move them to my iPhone?
A. You will be allowed to return all the recovered items to your iPhone 12/11/XR/Xs/X/8 directly if you get them back from iTunes or iCloud backup file.
Going through the passage on how to recover contacts that were not backed up, we can surely draw a conclusion that:
- MobiKin Doctor for iOS can retrieve your iPhone contacts and other items lost due to various reasons like accidental deletion, failure of iOS upgrade, iPhone jailbreak, factory settings, etc.
- The program is more flexible and user-friendly in the way it restores backup files from iTunes.
- You can also try the Messages app on your iPhone to recover a small quantity of deleted contacts, though the result is unpredictable.
- We had better back up our iPhone contacts without letting us get a headache when we accidentally lose them.
- Finally, if the queries you want to know are not included in the FAQs above, please let us know by leaving a message in the comments.