How to Retrieve Deleted Call Log from iPhone with or without Backup?
Many people are accustomed to regularly deleting some call records to protect their privacy, because call history includes incoming, outgoing, and missed calls, which may reveal your call information to others and cause you trouble. However, for some reasons, you may need to retrieve deleted call log from iPhone urgently. For example, when you delete some unknown or strange phone numbers on your iPhone, you suddenly realize that these deleted numbers are very important, and you haven't saved them to your iPhone yet. Obviously, this situation will drive you crazy.
In this article, we are going to share you with some efficient iPhone call history recovery solutions. You can browse the navigation below and choose to read the content you are interested in.
If you have no backup at hand, all you need is a professional iPhone data recovery utility called MobiKin Doctor for iOS. It gives you a big chance to get back not only call logs, but also other all iPhone data flawlessly, from either iPhone or iTunes backup, without affecting your current data on your device.
What Can Doctor for iOS Do for You:
- View and recover deleted call history from iPhone by extracting from iTunes backup.
- Recover various data types like contacts, photos, videos, messages, call logs, notes, calendar, voice memos, and so on.
- It allows you to preview the details of the call history before recovery.
- It supports to recover data from iOS device directly, or from iTunes backup.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices, including iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPod touch.
Now, just get the program and follow the below steps to see how easy the best iPhone Call History Recovery works.
The following guide will show you how to recover deleted call logs on iPhone by using Doctor for iOS. Please download and install the program on your computer to get ready.
Step 1: Launch Doctor for iOS
Assume that you have downloaded and installed the iPhone data recovery software on the computer, then, you can launch it and highlight the "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode from the left side menu. All iTunes backup records on your computer will be scanned out.
Step 2: Scan iTunes backup files
Choose the backup file that contains the deleted call history, and click on the "Start Scan" button to let the program scan the iTunes backup file. After that, all recoverable data will be scanned out and displayed in different categories. Select the "Call Logs" folder and click the "Start Scan" button again.
Step 3. How to recover deleted calls on iPhone
After the scanning, you can preview the call logs one by one and tick off the one(s) you want back. After that, you can click on the "Recover to Computer" button from the bottom right to save all recovered phone calls on your computer.
Note: You are allowed to recover deleted contacts and text messages from iPhone directly without backup by using the Doctor for iOS. All you need is to choose the "Recover from iOS Device" mode from the primary interface.
To retrieve deleted data on iPhone successfully, one thing you should note is that you must stop using the phone once you have found your data is lost. This is because the data you delete on iDevices will not actually be deleted by the device database unless they are overwritten by newly added data. In other words, you only have a chance to retrieve them before they are overwritten.
- My Pictures Disappeared from My iPhone. Here's the Full Fix
- How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 12/11/Xs Max/X/8/7
If you have ever backed up your iPhone with iTunes, and your deleted call logs are contained in the iTunes backup, then, restoring the deleted call logs from iTunes backup is another good bet for iPhone call log recovery.
One thing to note is that restoring iPhone from backup will replace all the existing data in your iPhone with the old data in iTunes. Therefore, please think twice before proceeding. Please make sure that the deleted call history is included in the backup.
Option 1: How to recover deleted call history on iPhone with iTunes
Before trying this method, run iTunes on your computer and click "Edit" > "Preferences". Then, tap on the "Device" tab and uncheck the option of "Prevent iPod, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically".
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- Click on the device icon from the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click on the "Restore Backup" option from the Backups section on the right pane.
- Choose the most relevant backup from the list and click "Restore".
Option 2: Restoring iPhone call logs from iTunes backup files
You can also use iOS Recovery to extract the iPhone call logs from iTunes backup file individually. The advantage of this is that it will not replace all the existing content on the iPhone like option 1.
- Launch iOS Recovery and choose "Recover from iTunes Backup File" mode.
- All iTunes backup records on your computer will be scanned out.
- Preview and choose the iTunes backup that may contain your deleted call logs.
- Tap on "Start Scan" to scan the iTunes backup content.
- Select the call history you want back and click the "Recover" button.
- 2 Efficient Methods to Backup and Restore iPhone without iTunes
- How to Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup File for Windows/Mac?
iCloud cannot backup call logs alone. In fact, as long as you enable the iCloud backup, all data on the iPhone, including call logs, will be immediately synchronized to iCloud. Therefore, once you find that there is a call log lost, you can restore it from the iCloud backup immediately. The following are also two options to extract iPhone call history from iCloud backup.
Option 1: Restore Deleted call history on iPhone from iCloud
- Connect your iPhone to a stable WiFi network.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings on your iPhone.
- After the reset process, the system will guide you to reset your iPhone, and you will get to the "App & Data" screen.
- Choose "Restore from iCloud backup" and log in to your iCloud account.
- Select a backup you want to restore.
- Continue to set up your iPhone. After all is complete, the call history extracted from the selected iCloud backup will be automatically saved to your iPhone.
Option 2: Extract iPhone call history from iCloud backup file
- Launch iOS Recovery and choose "Recover from iCloud Backup File" mode.
- Log in to your iCloud account and password.
- Select an iCloud backup file from the list on the interface to scan.
- Choose "Call History" from the left side menu for detailed viewing.
- Select the call history you want back and click the "Recover" button.
Which of the above three methods is the best way to retrieve deleted calls on iPhone 6/7/8/Xs Max/11/12? Now, we have made a comparison table to compare the three methods in terms of function, reliability, ease of use and effectiveness, to help you make better judgments.
|Doctor for iOS||iTunes||iCloud|
|Recover from iOS Devices Directly|
|Preview Data before Recovery|
|Recover Data Selectively|
|Recover Data from iTunes Backup|
|Extract and Recover Data from iCloud Backup|
|Easy to Use|
|No Replacement to Existing iPhone Content|
The above are the three methods of how to find deleted calls from iPhone. As you can see, if you don't want to lose anything on your iPhone, you can rely on MobiKin Doctor for iOS to restore deleted call logs. Comparing iTunes and iCloud, the biggest advantage of this tool is that there is no need to erase or overwrite the existing data on the device. The last thing I want to say is that we probably all have experienced the pain of losing important data, so it is particularly important to back up iPhone data regularly.