How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone? (4 Quick & Safe Ways)
Contacts are some of the most important files on any phone since they make communication possible. Without contact details, reaching other people through a phone would be difficult. As such, you need to know how to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone if you have 2 devices running on different operating systems.
If needed, you can also click to learn:
- Ultimate Guide on How to Transfer Contacts from Android to Android
- How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to iPad? 4 Ways for You!
To achieve that goal, you have 4 options - transferring via MobiKin Transfer for Mobile, via Move to iOS, via Google account and SIM card. Want to know how they work? Just read on to get more.
With the help of MobiKin Transfer for Mobile, contact transfer from Android to iPhone should be easy. This powerful tool enables you to transfer data from one phone to another without any hassle - you can use it to transfer files from Android to iDevice, Android to Android, iOS device to Android and iDevice to iDevice. What's more important, the file types it supports are various, including contacts, text messages, call logs, music, videos, photos, books, etc. Hence, you are strongly recommended to use this program to copy contacts from Android to iPhone.
Don't hesitate to download and install this all-in-one file transfer tool by clicking the icon below and have a try.
Below is the tutorial on how to sync contacts from Android to iPhone using MobiKin Transfer for Mobile:
- Launch the installed program and then connect both phones to the computer using USB cables.
- Follow the prompts to make the connected phones recognized.
- Ensure that the Android phone is the source device and the iPhone is the destination device. If not, you can change their positions by clicking "Flip".
- Mark the "Contacts" option from the middle menu and hit the "Start Copy" button to send your contacts from Android to iPhone.
Using App like Move to iOS to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone is also feasible. However, by using this App, you'll have to transfer other files as well instead of just contacts. Other supported file types include text messages, photos, bookmark, etc. Meanwhile, please notice that the application only works on new iDevice. That is to say, you need to factory reset your iPhone and set it up as a new device if it is not a new phone.
Now let's see how to copy contacts from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS:
- Download, install and open the Move to iOS App in your Android phone from Google Play Store.
- Open and set up your iPhone. To complete the setup, you need to go through different screens and when you reach the "Apps & Data" interface, please choose "Move Data from Android".
- Then click on "Continue" on both devices and go on to tap on "Agree" > "Next" on your Android phone.
- After that, you will get a 12-digit code on your iPhone. Just enter this code on your Android.
- Now your Android phone and iPhone will be connected and the App will start to export contacts and other files from Android to iPhone.
This is how to switch contacts from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS. If you want to get more details, you can also click to learn how to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
At this moment, you may wonder if you can transfer contacts from Android to iPhone without third-party tools. Certainly yes. You can also get your contacts from Android to iPhone via Google account - this way does not require you to install any applications on both mobile phones. To move contacts from Android to iPhone with Google account, you just need to add your Google account to both devices and enable the "Sync" feature on each phone.
Here is how to sync contacts from Android to iPhone using Google account:
- Unlock your Android phone and then go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Google" and sign in with your Google account to add it to your Android device.
- Toggle on the button next to "Contacts" and click on "Sync" to sync and backup your Android contacts to Gmail.
- Now you can turn on your iPhone and navigate to "Settings" > "Mail, Contacts or Calendars" > "Add Account" > "Google" and log in to your Google account also.
- Slide the button next to "Contacts" and click on the "Save" button.
- Finally, just wait for the Gmail contacts to be copied to iPhone.
If needed, you can also click to learn:
- Google Contacts Sync - How to Sync Contacts from Gmail to Android Cell Phone?
- How to Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail Easily?
For those who just want to send contacts from Android to iPhone, using SIM card is also an option. Then how do you transfer contacts from Android to iPhone via SIM card? It is easy! You just need to export your Android contacts to SIM card and then import the data from SIM card to your iPhone. You can complete the transfer process without using any other tools.
The followings are the steps on how to send contacts from Android to iPhone via SIM card:
- Insert a SIM card to your Android phone and then open the Contacts App.
- Export your contacts to the card by tapping "More" > "Manage contacts" > "Import/Export contacts" > "Export" > "SIM".
- Once done, you need to power off your Android device and remove the SIM card.
- Put the card into your iPhone and power on the device.
- Go to "Settings" > "Contacts"/"Mail, Contacts, Calendars" > "Import SIM Contacts".
Words in the End
All these are the good ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone XR/XS/X/8. If the steps involved are followed correctly, there will be no errors and all your contacts will be on your iPhone. The fact that they use different techniques gives users different options to choose from. Hence, you can choose an applicable one based on your need.