6 Efficient Ways to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone with or without Backup
Have you accidentally deleted photos that mean the world to you from your iPhone and are wondering how to get them back? If yes then you have come to the right place. Even with all the backup solutions that the iPhone has provided, sometimes your precious photos can be removed or erased by accident. All it takes to wipe out your entire galley is a single wrong move.
Fortunately, it is possible to recover deleted photos from iPhone. In this article, we will discuss all possible ways to restore deleted photos and pictures on iPhone to help you get your precious items back. The methods described below can be applied to all iPhone models.
- Part 1: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone Recently Deleted Folder
- Part 2: How to Find Deleted Photos on iPhone with Finder
- Part 3: How to Retrieve Deleted Photos on iPhone from iTunes Backup
- Part 4: How to Recover Deleted Pictures from iPhone via iCloud
- Part 5: How to Recover Deleted iPhone Photos from Third-Party Services
- Part 6: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone without Backup
- Part 7: Hot FAQs About iPhone Deleted Photo Recovery
Recovering deleted photos from a recently deleted folder is the easiest way to recover deleted photos from an iPhone. All iPhones running on iOS8 or newer have a "recently deleted folder" in the photo app. If you have accidentally deleted photos from your gallery, they will remain on your iPhone for 40 days before they are permanently deleted. Please note that this recovery method only covers photos that you have recently deleted. If you have lost your photos through backup or software issues, then they will not appear in this album.
Below is a step-by-step process on how to get recently deleted photos on iPhone.
- Open the photo app on your iPhone and tap "album".
- Scroll down to the "recently deleted album". The album will show all photos that you have deleted within the last 40 days and how many days are remaining before they are permanently deleted.
- Tap "select" and then select all photos that you want to recover.
- Once you are done, tap "Recover" to save the photos back to your device.
People Also Like:
- My Pictures Disappeared from My iPhone. Here's the Full Fix
- Top 4 iPhone Backup Browsers/Viewer You Can't Miss
Another way to recover permanently deleted photos on your iPhone is by using finder. This method is ideal, especially if your mac is running on macOS Catalina or above that has no iTunes. Below is a step-by-step process on how to find deleted photos on iPhone with Finder.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac
- Open finder on your macOS Catalina (your mac should be running on macOS Catalina 10.15 or above)
- Tap on your iPhone in the left-hand menu when it appears
- Tap "restore a backup"
- Select a backup.
- Tap "Restore" to complete the process.
- Dead iPhone Data Recovery: How to Recover Contacts from Dead iPhone?
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud
Besides iCloud, iTunes is another popular backup choice for most iPhone users. Does iTunes back up photos from iPhone? can you recover deleted photos from iphone via iTunes? Well, if you backed up your iPhone on iTunes before, then you have a high chance of getting your photos back. Below is a step-by-step process on how to retrieve deleted photos on iPhone from iTunes backup.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer then open iTunes. If you have backed up your iPhone on this computer, then it will open iTunes automatically.
- Tap on your iPhone icon
- Tap restore backup
- Select the backup that contains photos that you want to recover then click restore.
Another great way to recover permanently deleted photos from your iPhone is through iCloud. Like iTunes backup, you can also recover your deleted iCloud with iPhone recovery software or through iPhone settings. However, before you start the recovery process, you need to delete all content and settings on your iOS. If you are not comfortable with this option, then you should use a third party to access and recover your photos from iCloud. Below is a step-by-step process on how to recover deleted pictures from iPhone via iCloud.
- Go to settings, tap "General" then "Reset"
- Reset your iPhone by erasing all content and settings
- Set your iPhone then choose "Restore from iCloud backup" on the apps and data screen.
- Log in with your Apple ID then tap "Choose backup".
- Choose the most recent iCloud backup in order to recover your photos.
You can also recover your permanently deleted pictures for your iPhone if you have backed them up with a third-party service like OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google photos. For instance, Google photos usually save deleted photos in the trash for 60 days before they are permanently deleted. This means that you can still recover your deleted pictures. Below is a step-by-step process on how to get deleted photos back on iPhone from third-party services like Google photos.
- Open Google photos on your iPhone.
- Click "Library" then tap "Trash".
- Choose the pictures that you want to recover then tap "Restore".
Once you are done, you will be able to access the photos both on Google photos and your iPhone's photo app.
How to recover deleted photos from iCloud after 30 days? If you have deleted your photos without a backup, you can still recover them using iPhone recovery software like iPhone Data Recovery. It is a reputable tool designed to help easily recover videos, photos, documents, audio, and other types of files. You can also recover your phone contact and text messages using this software. It is indeed the best tool to use if you are looking for a fast and reliable way to recover your deleted photos.
Core features of iPhone Data Recovery:
- Intuitive interface: This software has a simple, well-designed interface that is easy to use. All its recovery features are listed on the dashboard and the icons are also easy to understand.
- It has multiple recovery methods: It has three different recovery methods, including filing recovery directly from your iOS device, from the iCloud backup file, and from the iTunes backup file. For instance, for iOS devices, you can start the recovery process once you authorize your computer. Once the scanning is complete, this software will allow you to recover any deleted media files, including your deleted photos.
- It is non-destructive to the original data: This software is nondestructive to the original data. This means that your deleted photos will not be damaged or corrupted after recovery.
- Enhanced security and privacy: It has done a good job when it comes to security and privacy. All information that you share on this app will be protected.
Step-by-step process on how to recover deleted photos from iPhone via iPhone Data Recovery:
Step 1: Download and Install iPhone Data Recovery on your iPhone. Open the software then choose "Recover from iOS Device" mode.
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to your computer then wait for a few seconds. All lost files on your iPhone will be scanned out soon.
Step 3: Select photo-related categories from the left column, choose the photos you want to get back and tap the "Recover" button.
Q1. Where to find deleted photos on iPhone?
How to find deleted pictures on iPhone? You can find deleted photos in the "recently deleted" folder. To find them go to your iPhone's photos folder, tap on albums, then scroll down until you locate the recently deleted section. Next, tap select then choose the photos that you wish to restore. Press the recover button to complete the process.
Q2. Are deleted iPhone photos really deleted?
NO, deleted photos on iPhone and not really deleted and that is why it is possible to recover them. All deleted photos are stored in the "Recently deleted folder" where they stay for a period of 30 days before they are permanently deleted from your device. There are also multiple tools that can recover photos that are permanently deleted.
Q3. Can I recover permanently deleted photos from my iPhone?
YES, you can recover permanently deleted photos from your iPhone. With the help of a third-party app like iPhone Data Recovery, you can easily recover permanently deleted photos from your iPhone.
If you have accidentally deleted important photos from your iPhone and you are wondering what to do, worry not because you can recover them even if they are permanently deleted. All you need to do is follow the simple recovery techniques given above.