How to Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud (iPhone & iPad Supported)?
As we all know, iCloud allows iPhone/iPad users to share all important files between their iDevices and ensure the safety of the files in their mobile digital lives. However, almost everything has some surprises, so although Apple has spent a lot of energy to improve the performance and stability of iCloud, when you try to restore your iPhone settings and data from iCloud backups, you find that not all the photos are all there. Then, you want to find a way to restore photos from iCloud backup and put those photos back on your iPhone again.
In this article, we will provide 5 practical ways to recover photos from iCloud. Of course, the premise is that you have backed up your iPhone/iPad photos to iCloud in advance.
- Part 1: How to Recover Photos from iCloud Recently Deleted Folder
- Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Photos from iCloud Photo Library
- Part 3: How to Restore Photos from iCloud Backup
- Part 4: How to Retrieve Deleted Photos from iCloud Drive
- Part 5: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iCloud [No Data Loss]
Does iCloud save deleted photos? If you enable the photo synchronization function in the iCloud settings, the photos on your iOS device will be automatically uploaded to the iCloud server. If you delete photos on your iPhone, they will be automatically moved to the "Recently Deleted" album and saved for 30 days. Therefore, if you recently deleted photos from your iCloud account, don't worry, you still have a chance to retrieve them from the "Recently Deleted" folder.
How to get photos back from recently deleted folder?
- Visit www.icloud.com and log in to your iCloud account.
- Select "Photos" on the iCloud page.
- You will see a folder called "Recently Deleted" on the left, click on it.
- All photos deleted in the last 30 days are saved in this folder. Preview and find out the photos you want to recover.
- Mark the photos you want back and finally click the "Recover" button.
You May Be Interested in:
- iPod/iPhone Won't Sync with iTunes? 10 Easy Solutions to Fix It!
- What if iPhone Won't Restore? Here Are the Full List of Fixes
Is there a way to recover deleted photos from iCloud Photo Library? Well, if you have enabled iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone and used iCloud for Windows before, then you can download photos from iCloud Photo Library to your PC or Mac. Below are the steps you need to take to pull photos out of iCloud.
#2.1 Download Photos from iCloud Photo Library to PC
- Download iCloud for Windows on your computer if you haven't installed the program.
- Open iCloud for Windows on your Windows computer.
- Click the Options beside Photos to view your photo settings.
- Choose "iCloud Photo Library".
- Tick off the option "Download new photos and videos to my PC".
- Click "Done" > "Apply".
#2.2 Download Photos from iCloud Photo Library to Mac
- Open Photos app on your Mac.
- Go to the top menu to choose Photos > Preference > iCloud, and sign into with your Apple ID.
- Enable "Download Originals to this Mac".
- Close preferences as long as the update is finished.
- Choose "Photos" in the sub-menu.
- Press Command (or Command + A) to select the photos you need.
- Go back to the top menu to choose File > Export.
- Choose "Export Items" or "Export Unmodified Original For Items" according to your needs.
- Specify a location on the Mac to save these photos.
Another way to get permanently deleted photos back on iPhone is restoring data from iCloud backup. This restoring process is very simple, but one thing you need to know is that this process needs to erase all the content and settings on the device, and then restore the backup files in iCloud to the device. In addition, it restores the entire iOS system, so it does not allow you to selectively restore photos from iCloud.
- Go to the iPhone Settings > Restore > Erase All Content and Settings, and then wait for the iPhone to restart.
- During the iPhone setup process, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup" on the "Apps & Data" interface.
- Log into your Apple ID and choose the iCloud backup you want to be restored.
- Wait for the restoring process to complete.
You May Be Interested in:
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone or iTunes Backups
- How to Access iPhone Files on Windows/Mac (Way 1 Is Versatile)
You can also get deleted photos from iCloud Drive if you have ever upload your photos to iCloud Drive before deleting. You need to go to visit the iCloud.com to download these photos to your computer.
- Go to the icloud.com and sign into with your Apple ID.
- Click the iCloud Drive.
- Select the photos you want to recover.
- Click the "Download" icon at the top to save the selected photos to your computer.
Generally speaking, to retrieve photos from iCloud backup, you need to restore your iDevice with the whole backup file. Therefore, it is inevitable that the contents & settings on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will be replaced by the iCloud backups. Well, is it possible to recover deleted photos from iCloud backup only? Fortunately, the answer is YES. With some standalone 3rd-party iCloud recovery tools like iPhone Data Recovery, you can recover pictures from iCloud backup selectively.
Basic features of the powerful iCloud recovery software:
- Recover photos, messages, contacts, call history, notes, calendars, etc. from iCloud backups with a few clicks.
- Not only iCloud, you're also allowed to restore data from iTunes backup or iDevice directly.
- Preview files before restoring, so that you'll never restore a needless file.
- No harm of the quality of the restoring photos. All restored data will be saved in the same quality as before.
Step 1. Run iCloud photo recovery tool
Follow the prompt onscreen guide to finish the installation process of the iCloud recovery software, then launch it directly. Select the "Recover from iCloud Backup File" option and log in to your iCloud account.
Step 2. Scan iCloud backup file
After login, you'll see all your iCloud backups are listed in the program. Find the backup file where your target photos should be located, and click "Download" to let the software scan your iCloud backup file.
Step 3. Select the photos you want to recover
On the new interface, select "Camera Roll" or "Photo Library", and hit the "Next" button to begin scanning all photos in the backup file. When the scanning is finished, you can preview the detailed contents and tick your needed pictures.
Step 4. Start to recover old photos from iCloud
After selecting all the photos you want to recover, you can click "Recover" to recover photos from iCloud to your computer.
After reading the above-mentioned solutions on how to recover photos from iCloud, you not only understand a variety of troubleshooting, but also know a powerful and easy-to-use iCloud recovery software - iPhone Data Recovery. It can recover photos, contacts, messages, call history, etc. from iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and iCloud/iTunes backup. It has a high success rate and no data loss. It really is a tool worth having.
You can leave your comment below. If you like this article, please share it with your friends. In addition, if you need further help, we are also happy to help you solve your problem.