How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Motorola? [6 Practical Methods]
If you have been using Samsung for a long time and are looking to switch to a different brand of smartphone, considering a budget-friendly option would be a wise choice. Nowadays, there is a wide range of smartphones available that surpass our expectations. Motorola is an exception to this.
If you are planning to purchase a new Moto phone like Edge 40 Pro, you may be concerned about how to transfer data from Samsung to Motorola seamlessly. Here in this passage, we shall provide the six most effective ways to get it done well.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Motorola via Transfer for Mobile [No Limits]
- Way 2: How to Transfer from Samsung to Motorola with Assistant for Android
- Way 3: How to Transfer Data from Galaxy to Motorola via Motorola Migrate [Android 6.0 or Lower]
- Way 4: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Motorola via Google Account
- Way 5: How to Transfer Files from Samsung to Motorola by Bluetooth
- Way 6: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to Motorola Using Dropbox
Having a new Motorola with medium-to-high performance is truly exhilarating. However, for some individuals, the process of transferring data can be quite perplexing. To ensure a seamless, efficient, and error-free transfer, you're recommended to select the appropriate tool like MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Win and Mac).
This software has received high acclaim from numerous Android and iOS users. Before initiating the migration, all you need to do is connect your phone to the computer and select the specific types of files you wish to transfer.
Main characteristics of Transfer for Mobile:
>Transfer data from Samsung to Motorola seamlessly, encompassing contacts, call history, SMS, photos, videos, music, documents, and apps.
> Support transfers between iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, and Android to Android.
> Offer an easy-to-use interface, swift transfers, secure outcomes, and an ad-free experience.
> Easy to connect, seamless transfer, and worry-free results.
> Operate on 8000+ Android and iOS devices, including Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S20/S10/S9/S8, Galaxy Note series, Galaxy A51/A71, and Motorola devices such as Moto Edge 40 Pro/G73/G53/G23/G13/X40/G11/G10/G9, V860/V868/V870/, C330/C350, Droid Turbo series, and more.
> It values your privacy.
Wonder how to transfer Samsung data to Motorola quickly without interruption in this way? Check out the steps after downloading MobiKin Transfer for Mobile on your computer:
Step 1. Initiate the Program and Create a Connection between Devices
Begin by installing this data transfer tool for Samsung to Motorola on your computer. Subsequently, connect both your Motorola and Samsung devices to the computer using USB cables.
Step 2. Verify the Device Positions
Follow the on-screen prompts to ensure that both devices are recognized by the tool. Once recognized, they will be visible on the main interface. Click the "Flip" button to designate the Samsung device as the source and Motorola as the destination.
Step 3. Transfer Desired Data from Samsung to Motorola
Select the types of files you wish to transfer. You can choose to transfer contacts by checking the relevant option. Then, click the "Start Copy" button in the center to initiate the data transfer from Samsung to Motorola.
The next tool, MobiKin Assistant for Android (Win and Mac), simplifies data transfer through backup and restore. It allows moving data from Motorola to PC/Mac and restoring it to Samsung. You can selectively back up content and manage your device comprehensively, including contacts, texts, call logs, media files, and more. This utility supports both USB and WiFi connections, offering flexible ways to connect and copy Android items.
How to transfer contacts, photos, etc., from Samsung to Motorola via Assistant for Android?
Step 1 - Link: Launch the installed tool on your computer and connect Samsung to PC using a USB cable or WiFi. The tool will automatically detect the connection, and you can navigate to "Super Toolkit > Backup" on the main interface.
Step 2 - Back Up: On the screen, all data types from Samsung will be displayed. Select the types of files you need, click "Browse" to specify a location on your computer, and click "Back Up" to save them to the designated folder. Once completed, disconnect the device.
Step 3 - Restore: Connect Motorola to the computer using a USB cord. After detection, click "Restore" from "Super Toolkit", and you'll see all the backup files in the window. Finally, choose the desired items and click "Restore" again to transfer them to your Moto device.
Video Tutorial: How to transfer data from Samsung to a computer and restore it to Motorola?
Motorola Migrate has recently been retired. Still, it facilitates the transfer of media files exclusively from Android 2.2 (Froyo) to Motorola devices with Android 6.0. However, it couldn't handle data such as contacts, text messages, call logs, etc. See how to transfer data to Moto Edge S/G9/E7 from Samsung with Motorola Migrate:
- Install Motorola Migrate on Samsung and Motorola.
- Open the app on both, select Motorola as the destination, and set Samsung as the source.
- Tap "NEXT" to choose content (excluding apps) on the Samsung device.
- Select file categories for transfer.
- Start Motorola Migrate on Samsung and scan the QR code on the Motorola device.
- When the connection is established, the transfer begins automatically. (Keep the hotspot on and position the two phones in close proximity until the task is finished. Note that this app typically takes approximately 5 minutes to transfer 1GB of data.)
Can Smart Switch transfer from Samsung to Motorola? NO. Samsung Smart Switch is primarily intended for Android/iOS-to-Samsung transfers. For moving data from a Samsung device to Motorola, consider using alternative methods like Google service.
Google Backup, a remarkable Motorola Migrate alternative, has proven invaluable in synchronizing app data, Gmail, calendar events, contacts, and more on our mobile devices. Consequently, utilizing a Google account is a desirable method for seamlessly syncing data between two Android phones.
How to transfer data from Samsung to Motorola without Smart Switch using a Google account?
- On your Samsung phone, access the "Settings" menu and tap "Accounts".
- Navigate to Google and activate the "Sync" option to synchronize all data with your Google account.
- On your Motorola device, sign in with the same Google ID.
- Navigate to "Settings > Users and Accounts > Google > Add Accounts".
- Enter your email ID and password, and once logged in, all data will be automatically synced to Moto.
To transfer files from Samsung to Motorola using Bluetooth, firstly, ensure the devices are nearby. Then, activate Bluetooth and confirm both devices are in pairing mode. Plus, it's essential to exercise patience during the transfer, as this method may be a little sluggish. Check out the guide for transferring data from Samsung to Motorola via Bluetooth:
- Activate: Turn on Bluetooth on both devices. For Motorola users, access it through the "Notification" bar. Samsung users can find and enable it in the "Connections" menu.
- Pair: On your Samsung phone, tap Bluetooth to see available devices for pairing. Locate Motorola in the list and select it. If prompted, enter a simple PIN. The pairing process will quickly be completed.
- Transfer: Now, pick the files you want to transfer from the Samsung device and tap the "Share" icon. Choose Bluetooth and select Motorola as the recipient to initiate the transfer.
Dropbox lets you upload Samsung files to its cloud and then download or export them to Motorola. The task efficiency relies on WiFi stability. Let's now gather more information about the service before proceeding with the transfer:
- Dropbox offers merely 2GB of free space, with additional storage available for purchase.
- Please arrange your files in Dropbox before the transfer for easier access on your Motorola device.
- Regularly update the Dropbox app on both devices for the latest features and security enhancements.
Next, go through the easy steps for Samsung to Motorola data transfer by Dropbox:
- Install Dropbox on your Motorola device after downloading it.
- Log in or register for a Dropbox account if you haven't already.
- Tap the "+" icon, choose "Upload files", and select and back up files to Dropbox.
- Upload them to the Dropbox server, and click "Open" to start the task.
- Open the Dropbox app on Motorola and log in with the same credentials used on Samsung.
- Access the desired data and download them to your Motorola device.
Today, we covered 6 most efficient methods for transferring data from Samsung to Motorola, including both wired and wireless options. Well, as you might know, connecting phones to a computer remains the safest practice. Again, the first two tools support a broader range of data types with steady performance. Regardless of the approach chosen, we hope you have a smooth transfer experience. Have any questions? Feel free to ask in the comments below.