5 Ways to Transfer Photos/Pictures from Mac to Android Phone [Easy and Quick]
You may have a whole lot of pictures on your Mac and want to save them somewhere else, let's say, on Android. Then you probably wonder how to transfer photos from Mac to Android since Android doesn't get along well with Macs. (how to transfer photos from Android to Mac?) Well, is it as easy as on Windows?
Actually, there are indeed plenty of ways to deal with the question. And here in this passage, we will expand on five great solutions to work it out in a couple of taps.
- Tip 1: How to Transfer Photos from Mac to Android via Assistant for Android
- Tip 2: How to Sync Photos from Mac to Android with Image Capture
- Tip 3: How to Transfer Pics from Mac to Android Phone via Android File Transfer
- Tip 4: How to Transfer Pictures from Mac to Android Phone with AirDroid
- Tip 5: How to Transfer Photos from Mac to Android Phone by Email
Would you like to make the photo transfer easily in minutes? Just try the professional program - MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac and Win). This smart tool not only lets you know what exactly you are to transfer but gives you many additional options to transfer, back up, and manage your Android data on your Mac/PC, with no further configuration needed.
Core features of Assistant for Android:
- Selectively transfer photos from Mac/PC to Android and vice versa.
- Transfer data between Android and PC/Mac.
- Work for a whole range of Android files, such as photos, contacts, messages, music, videos, books, apps, etc.
- Back up and restore your Android phone in one click.
- Manage Android content on a computer directly.
- Two connection mode: USB & WiFi.
- Apple to almost all mainstream Android phones/tablets, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Google, LG, Motorola, Sony, OPPO, Vivo, HTC, etc.
- It values your privacy.
How to transfer pics from Mac to Android phone via MobiKin Assistant for Android?
Step 1. Connect Android device to Mac
Launch the program and connect your Android phone to a Mac via a USB cable. You will be asked to enable USB debugging on your Android phone. Just do it, and soon you'll see the main interface of the software.
Step 2. Select the photos for transfer
On the main interface, open Photos > Camera/Library from the left. Next, tap on Add and select the photos you want to copy to Android from a local folder on Mac.
Step 3. Transfer photos from Mac to Android
After the selection, please confirm your action. The Mac to Android photo transfer will initiate immediately.
- 4 Effective Ways to Transfer Music from Mac to Android in 2021
- How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone? (6 Easy Ways Included)
As a built-in Mac program on Mac, Image Capture lets you transfer pictures between Android and Mac easily. Before the transfer, it offers you a thumbnail preview of the photos.
How to transfer photos from Mac to Samsung/Android with Image Capture?
- Make sure that Image Capture is installed on your Mac.
- After verifying that, pair the two devices via a USB cable.
- Go to the Applications folder on Mac and launch Image Capture.
- Choose your Android phone under "Devices".
- Select the photos you would like to move to Android and click "Export".
- You can click "Export All" if you need to transfer all the photos at once.
- You will be asked to choose where you wish to save the photos on your Android device. (how to save photos to an Android SD card?)
- All the transferred photos will be marked green.
Android File Transfer allows you to sync, delete, and add files easily, but you cannot preview Android items directly before saving them to Android. In addition, you have to keep the phone screen unlocked during the connection.
To transfer pictures from Mac to Android via Android File Transfer, you can:
- Download the app on Mac and connect Android with Mac via a USB cable.
- Click "Open", and a window with your Android files should show up on Mac.
- Tap "Options" to choose "Show in Finder".
- A small window pops up displaying "Android File Transfer" and "Applications".
- Double-click "Applications" and open the local folder.
- Drag the photos from "Applications" or the computer into the window with phone files.
You May Also Need:
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android? - Top 5 Ways
- Best 10 Android Desktop Managers to Manage Android Devices on PC/Mac in 2021
AirDroid delivers a free and limitless amount of data transfer, though, it fully relies on an Internet connection, and your security might be compromised after the file migration.
Here's how to transfer photos from Mac to Android phone with AirDroid:
- Download and install AirDroid on your Android phone and then create an account.
- Choose "AirDroid Web" and click "Scan QR Code".
- Go to AirDroid Web (https://web.airdroid.com/) from a browser on your Mac.
- Next, log in to the account and pick up your phone to scan the code displayed on the web.
- After the connection, you can find the name of your phone from the right of the page.
- Next, tap on "File" under the toolbox to select your desired photos.
- Confirm the option, and the selected pictures will be automatically downloaded to your phone. (AirDroid doesn't work for you? Try the best AirDroid alternatives!)
To transfer pictures from Mac to Android wirelessly, you can use Email as well if you don't have a lot of content to copy. This task is similar to sending and receiving an email, where you need to add the photos as an attachment before sending it.
How to transfer photos from Mac to Android over Email?
- Go to your mail app on Mac or open Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail on your browser and log in with your email address.
- Click "Compose Message" and enter another email address as the recipient.
- After that, go to attachments and upload the file you want to transfer.
- Click Send.
- Open the Email app on your Android phone and log in to the received mailbox.
- Preview and download the file attachment from the mail.
We discussed the top five ways to transfer pics from Mac to Android phone. Among them, MobiKin Assistant for Android is the most recommended one. Primarily, it facilitates you to hook your Android phone to Mac via USB or WiFi. More importantly, with this intelligent program, you'll get a simple, selective, and safe way to transfer photos from Mac to Android in a little while.
Finally, if any question persists, please let us know below. And we will be happy to answer for you soon.