6 Strategies on How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on Android
It's not uncommon to accidentally delete pictures from our Android devices, leaving us in a panic and longing to recover those cherished moments. If you find yourself asking, "How to recover permanently deleted photos on Android" - we have good news for you. In this post, we will explore six effective methods to help you retrieve those seemingly lost images and reunite you with your invaluable photo collection. But prior to that, let's discover "Is it possible to recover permanently deleted photos on Android?"
- Part 1: Is It Possible to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on Android?
- Part 2: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Android Gallery via Google Photos
- Part 3: How to Get Back Permanently Deleted Photos on Android with Google Drive
- Part 4: How to Retrieve Permanently Deleted Photos on Android Using OneDrive
- Part 5: How to Restore Permanently Deleted Photos on Android with Dropbox
- Part 6: How to Restore Permanently Deleted Photos on Android from SD Card
- Part 7: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos on Android without Backup
- Bonus Tip: How to Prevent Photo Loss on Android in the Future
Before we explore feasible methods, you may be concerned with "Is there a way to get permanently deleted photos back"? Overall, the probability of phone photos being recoverable depends on several factors, namely time lapsed, storage type, file system, use of encryption, etc. Remember, the most vital step in photo recovery is to act quickly. To be precise, avoid using the device extensively or saving new data, as it may overwrite the space previously occupied by the deleted photos, making recovery virtually impossible.
- How to Recover Data from Android Phone with Broken Screen?
- 5 Methods to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Photos in Android with/without Backup
Google Photos is a popular app for securely storing and sharing photos. By syncing it properly, you can back up your photos and easily recover them, even if they are deleted from your device's Gallery. However, please note that photos remain in the Trash folder for a limited time (typically 60 days) before being permanently deleted. Next, let's see how to recover permanently deleted photos on Android using Google Photos:
- Open Google Photos on your Android device.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located at the left sidebar.
- Select the "Trash" option from the menu to access the deleted items.
- Inside that folder, you will find all the deleted photos and videos.
- Choose the items you want to recover by selecting them.
- Tap on "Restore" to initiate the recovery process.
Google Photos and Google Drive store photos separately, which means they don't sync with each other. If you have previously backed up your pictures to the Drive, this method can be effective in recovering permanently deleted photos. In such cases, Google Drive can be used as a Google Photos alternative to recover your pics. Know how to restore permanently deleted photos Android via Google Drive:
- Launch Google Drive on your Android device and sign in with your Google account if prompted.
- Choose the photos you wish to restore.
- Tap the three-dot icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the options that appear, select "Download".
- [5 Easy Options] How to Transfer Photos from Computer to Android?
- 10 Best Photo Managers for Android: Manage Android Pictures with Ease
Similar to Google Drive, many users, particularly Microsoft 365 subscribers, utilize OneDrive for storing their images. If you had previously saved photos on OneDrive before they were removed, you now have the opportunity to recover them. Learn how to restore permanently deleted photos from Android via OneDrive:
- Open the OneDrive app on your Android device and sign in with your Microsoft account if prompted.
- Tap on the "Photos" option from the bottom menu bar.
- Choose the items you wish to restore by selecting them.
- Click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the options that appear, select "SAVE". (How to fix OneDrive not working?)
When you upload files on Dropbox, including photos, you can ensure they are safeguarded and easily restored when needed. Yet this service retains deleted files for a limited period of time, usually 30 days, before permanently deleting them. Hence, it is important to attempt the restoration as soon as possible to increase the chances of recovering your photos successfully. Here's how to recover permanently deleted photos from Gallery using Dropbox:
- Log in to the Dropbox desktop application on a computer.
- Navigate to the "All Files" section to locate your missing data.
- If you find the missing photos, simply select them and click on the "Download" option to retrieve them.
- If you cannot locate the items in the "All Files" section, proceed to "Deleted Files".
- In that section, select the photos you want to recover.
- Tap the "Restore" option to initiate the recovery process.
If you're using an older version of the Android operating system, there's a solution available for recovering deleted files using an Android SD Card. Restoring permanently deleted photos is relatively simple. To do this, you can transfer files to your SD card from Android before being permanently deleted. When you require these photos, simply insert the SD card and copy-paste them to their original default location.
If you have permanently deleted photos from the Android Gallery, whether they were stored in the SD card or internal memory, it is vital to cease using the phone right away. This will keep the deleted photos from being overwritten by newly received or created data. To get deleted images back from your Android device, you should use a trustworthy and professional program like MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win and Mac).
A brief introduction to MobiKin Doctor for Android:
- Recover permanently deleted photos on Android from both the internal storage and SD card of your Android device without complications.
- Capable of recovering various types of Android files, including photos, videos, movies, audio, music, text messages, contacts, call logs, and more.
- Let you review and select any types of photos you desire before recovery.
- Allow you to benefit from a free trial, a user-friendly interface, and a high success rate for photo recovery.
- Apply to overall iOS devices, including iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro (Max), iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't compromise your privacy.
How to recover permanently deleted photos from Android gallery without backup using Doctor for Android?
Step 1. Run the software on a computer and link your device
Download and install this data recovery software for Android on your computer. Once installed, open the program and connect your device to the computer using a USB cable. Follow the prompt to allow the software to detect your phone.
Step 2. Scan for deleted Android pictures
Once recognized, navigate to the screen where you can choose "Photos" and click "Next". This will initiate the scanning process on your device. If you don't find the desired pictures, you can try rooting your phone as instructed on the interface for a comprehensive scan.
Step 3. Recover permanently deleted photos on Android
After the scan is complete, you will see a list of all existing and deleted photos on the program interface. Take your time to review the photos and select the ones you desire. Finally, click on "Recover" to save the chosen items to your computer.
- Back up your Android photos regularly.
- Enable Google Photos sync.
- Use a microSD card on your phone.
- Avoid deleting pictures immediately.
- Be cautious with app permissions.
- Keep your device and apps updated.
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions.
- Use reliable storage apps.
- Secure your Android device.
- Be cautious when rooting or modifying your phone.
Since we have explained, "Is there a way to retrieve permanently deleted photos", there's hope for recovering them. By following the six methods outlined in this passage, you significantly increase your chances of retrieving deleted images on the Android gallery. Among the various solutions available, MobiKin Doctor for Android, a trusted and reliable photo recovery tool, is highly advisable. Its simple interface and powerful recovery capabilities make it an ideal choice for effortlessly retrieving your deleted photos in the absence of a backup.