Android Recovery: How to Fix A Bricked Android Phone
Your Android phone is stuck at boot loop, gets a white or black screen of death or boots directly into Recovery mode? If it is, you are probably getting a bricked phone. It sounds that your device is suffering a severe illness in this case but do not give up the hope of rescuing it. Here are some easy but effective ways to fix bricked Android phone and you can try it first when your phone becomes a brick.
You must wonder what operation or factor would make your phone be bricked so we list several main reasons for brick Android phone and you can take a look.
- Flash a stock/custom ROM: To get more features from the device, some users would select to flash a custom ROM. This could be a good thing but if you install an incompatible ROM or install it improperly your phone will stuck at boot loop.
- Root Android phone: You might be asked to root your Android phone to restore lost data or get more application features. But during the rooting process, you might fail to root the device properly which would result in a brick problem.
- Update software on Android: If your phone is interrupted while updating Android software, it will get bricked as well.
- Install malware: It is possible that you have installed malicious software on your phone without knowing and they would attack your phone and make it become bricked.
When your Android phone gets bricked, you can try the methods below to fix the problem:
Method 1. Force restart your phone
If your phone is frozen at a frame and make no response to your order, you can try to reboot it forcibly. And to complete that, the most direct way is to remove the battery from the device and then insert it back. After putting the battery back to the device, you can long press the Power button to try to restart your phone. But if the battery on your phone is dismountable, you need to go to the next solution.
Method 2. Boot your phone into Recovery Mode
Wiping cache partition in Recovery Mode can be a good idea to fix bricked Android phone as well. The methods to boot different kinds of Android phone into Recovery Mode are diverse but the normal way is:
- Hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time until you see a recovery menu.
- Next, use Volume key to find out and select Advanced and Wipe Dalvik Cache option.
- Then go back to the main screen and choose Wipe cache partition.
- After that, elect Wipe data/Factory reset to remove the settings and data on your phone. When the resetting process finishes, your device will reboot automatically.
Method 3. Fix Bricked Android with Third-party Software
Broken Android Data Extraction is software good at fixing broken or damaged Android phone. Thus, it is also a good selection to rescue bricked Android phone. With it, you are able to solve the problem within clicks.
- Build a connection between your bricked Android phone and computer and then launch the program. Next, elect Broken Android Data Extraction mode in the main interface and choose Fix Device to continue.
- You will see several system issues on the interface like Black screen, stuck in the Startup screen or other questions. Just click on the issue that your phone has and tap on Next.
- Then you need to go with the onscreen prompts to enter the Download Mode and click Start to begin the process.
- Just wait till the fixing process is finished and your device will return to normal status. Then you can use the Android Recovery Tool to get back your lost data as you like.
When you open the fixed mobile phone, you will find that the data on it is lost or damaged so you need to figure out a solution to restore them. And MobiKin Doctor for Android (Win & Mac) can be a good assistant here. It can help you to get back almost all the data on Android effortlessly. Just download the free trial of this software and have a try.
- Root your Android phone first and connect it to the computer with USB cable. Next launch the program and you will be asked to enable USB debugging on your device. Just go with the instructions on the screen to complete the enabling process.
- After that, the tool will detect and scan the device automatically. When the connected phone is detected successfully, you need to select the file types you want to recover and hit Next to start scanning for lost data.
- Now you can see several categories are listed in the left panel. Just click the file types you want to restore to preview their detailed information. Then, check your wanted files and hit Recover to get back your Android data.
After the data recovery, you are suggested to backup your Android phone data this time so you can get them back easily if you lose them unexpectedly once again.