Different Methods to Fix Android Black Screen of Death
Have you ever meet the situations as below:
- The notification light of your Android keeps blinking but the device is not responding;
- The phone screen is frozen frequently;
- The mobile phone is rebooting or crashing very often;
- The phone battery is draining very fast;
- Your phone restarts by itself and get into a boot loop.
If you are facing one of the situations above, your Android must be suffering a black screen issue. It sounds that this is a serious problem but take it easy since it is resolvable. You can go with the methods provided in this article to fix Android black screen of death problem easily.
- Part 1. Reasons for Android Black Screen of Death
- Part 2. The First Thing You Should Do When a Black Screen Appears
- Part 3. Fix Android Black Screen of Death by Wiping Cache Partition
- Part 4. Uninstall Incompatible Applications to Solve the Error
- Part 5. Factory Reset to Settle the Black Screen Issue
Normally, the issue that Android suffers a black screen of death is caused by:
- Improper applications: Users might install some incompatible applications or Apps with virus or bugs;
- Impertinent charging: If you keep mobile phone charged for long after it is fully charged, the device will also be damaged;
- Unusable battery or charger: Your device will not be able to be charged when the charger or battery you used is too old or incompatible;
- App caches: The applications you used might leave too many caches on the device, which would interrupt the running of the Android phone.
When the Android device having a black screen error, the first thing you should do is to restore the important files from the phone. That's because the Android data might be deleted or damaged during the fixing process.
To rescue your Android files, you can turn to the software- Broken Android Data Extraction, a powerful program to extract data from broken or damaged Android device. You can download and install its free trial on your computer to have a try at first.
After the installation, you can go with the following steps to get back the wanted data.
- Link the Android phone to computer via USB cable and launch the installed tool. Then you will see the main interface of this program. Select the Broken Android Phone Data Extraction mode;
- Tap on Fix Device and a list of Android questions will be displayed on the screen. Just tap on the Black Screen option and click on Next to enter the Download mode by following the instructions on the screen. Next, tap on Start to begin the fixing process;
- Once the fixing process is completed, your Android device will return to normal status. Now you can go to Android Data Recovery mode to restore the wanted data.
Clearing cache partition is a common but effective way to fix Android black screen issue. That is because the caches on your phone would not only slow down the device but also interrupt the running the of the system. Thus, you can try to boot your phone into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition on the Android.
- Firstly, power off your device by long pressing the Power button;
- Secondly, press the Power and Volume Down buttons to enter the Recovery Mode;
- Next, select the option wipe cache partition from the list on the screen and press the Power button to confirm your choice;
- Finally, when the wiping process ends, you need to use the Volume Up/Down button to elect reboot system now option to restart the device.
A malware, incompatible App or improper installation would cause many Android issues. So, if you have installed application recently but it cannot run well, you need to uninstall it from the Safe Mode.
- Turn off your device at first. Then switch it back on. Here, when you see the boot logo, you need to press and hold the Volume Down button till the lock screen appears. After that, you can see a Safe mode written at the bottom of the screen, which means you have entered the Safe mode successfully;
- Navigate to Settings> Application Manager to select the application which you haved installed in recent. Then click on the App to enter the App Info page. Just select the Uninstall option to remove it from your device.
- At last, press the Power button to reboot your phone to normal mode.
The finial method to fix Android black screen of death problem is to factory reset the device. This would be the most powerful means to accomplish the fixing.
- Switch off your phone and then reboot it into Recovery Mode;
- Use the Volume Up or Down key to find out and select the option wipe data/factory reset. Then press the Power button to confirm your selection;
- While the factory reset finishes, the Android device will reboot automatically and the problem will be solved. After the fixing, you will find that all the contents and settings on the device is wiped. Thus, remember to restore and backup your files beforehand.