Transfer Music from iTunes to Android on Windows or Mac OS X
Enjoying music become more easier and quicker in nowadays, especially with music-capable portable devices such as phones, laptops, and media players. And with the popularity of smart phones like Samsung Galaxy Note, iPhone 6 Plus/6/5S/5, HTC One X, etc., listening music on these portable devices while you're on the go or on a journey have become a trend in recent years. And we know that almost all of these famous smart phones have its own media management tool like iTunes, Samsung Kies, LG PC Suite, etc. to help them sync songs, movies or other media files from the computer or Mac to the device. However, if you're planning to change your phone from iPhone to a Android phone, or for some other reasons, you need to transfer iTunes music to Android, how can you achieve the goal within few clicks?
If you're frustrated with the problem now, then you've been the right place. In this page, we could like to show you two different ways to get music from iTunes to Android on Windows or Mac computer easily.
- Method 1. Move Songs from iTunes to Android with 3rd-party Tool
- Method 2. Transfer iTunes Music to Android Manually on Your Windows Computer
Tools you may need here:
- iTunes to Android Transfer (Windows/Mac)
The program you need here is a special manager program for iOS users, because it not only allows iOS users to backup, import/export or edit data on iDevices from desktop computer easily, but also enables users to transfer iTunes media like music, photos, videos to Android or iDevices with 1 simple click. Of course, you also can use it to export data from your iPhone, iPad or iPod to iTunes Library, computer or portable devices without any restrictions. Cool, right? So with this prominent tool, you can directly copy songs from iTunes library to any Android device as you like.
Now, click the below icon to get this powerful tool and follow the instructions to see how easy the program works.
Step 1. Launch the iTunes to Android Transfer program, and connect Android phone to the computer. When the Android device is recognized, you can see an interface like below:
Step 2. Choose "Transfer iTunes Media to Devices" in the main screen, and you'll see a pop-up window. Just tick "Music" here, and click "Transfer" button to move all iTunes songs to Android device as you like.
You know that iTunes is an ideal tool to manage media files between iOS device and desktop computer, and you may also know that people can't export iTunes music from the device to computer directly, right? But actually, if you follow the ways below, you can find your iTunes songs on any desktop computer as you like.
1) Run your iTunes, and click " Edit > Reference ... > Advanced" option in the top menu. Then a pop-up window will appear.
2) Select the option of "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library". After that, everytime you sync your device to iTunes or add files to iTunes library, the media files will be saved in the Media folder by default.
3) Find and open Media folder on your computer, and then copy and paste your favorite songs to your Android phones by using Samsung Kies, HTC Sync Manager, and some tools like that, such as MobiKin Assistant for Android (Windows or Mac), ES File Manager, and so on.
Below is the iTunes Media Folder location on your Windows computer, you can follow them to find the folder easily:
- Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows 8: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\
- Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
If your iPhone is jailbreaked, then this method may not suitable for you. And you may also find that this method could be a little bit troublesome, especially when you're a novice for the technology of Windows or Mac computer. Then, you can take the method 2 into your consideration.