Transfer Music from iTunes to Android on Windows or Mac OS X
Enjoying music become more easier and quicker in nowadays, especially with music-capable portable devices such as phones, laptops, and media players. And with the popularity of smart phones like Samsung Galaxy Note, iPhone 6 Plus/6/5S/5, HTC One X, etc., listening music on these portable devices while you're on the go or on a journey have become a trend in recent years. And we know that almost all of these famous smart phones have its own media management tool like iTunes, Samsung Kies, LG PC Suite, etc. to help them sync songs, movies or other media files from the computer or Mac to the device. However, if you're planning to change your phone from iPhone to a Android phone, or for some other reasons, you need to transfer iTunes music to Android, how can you achieve the goal within few clicks?
If you're frustrated with the problem now, then you've been the right place. In this page, we could like to show you two different ways to get music from iTunes to Android on Windows or Mac computer easily.
- Method 1. Transfer iTunes Music to Android Manually on Your Windows Computer
- Method 2. Move Songs from iTunes to Android with 3rd-party Tool
You know that iTunes is an ideal tool to manage media files between iOS device and desktop computer, and you may also know that people can't export iTunes music from the device to computer directly, right? But actually, if you follow the ways below, you can find your iTunes songs on any desktop computer as you like.
1) Run your iTunes, and click " Edit > Reference ... > Advanced" option in the top menu. Then a pop-up window will appear.
2) Select the option of "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library". After that, everytime you sync your device to iTunes or add files to iTunes library, the media files will be saved in the Media folder by default.
3) Find and open Media folder on your computer, and then copy and paste your favorite songs to your Android phones by using Samsung Kies, HTC Sync Manager, and some tools like that, such as MobiKin Assistant for Android (Windows or Mac), ES File Manager, and so on.
Below is the iTunes Media Folder location on your Windows computer, you can follow them to find the folder easily:
- Windows 7: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows 8: C:\Users\username\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\
- Windows Vista: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\
- Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music/iTunes/
If your iPhone is jailbreaked, then this method may not suitable for you. And you may also find that this method could be a little bit troublesome, especially when you're a novice for the technology of Windows or Mac computer. Then, you can take the method 2 into your consideration.
First of all, you need to download and install the program of iPhone Transfer program on your Windows or Mac computer by clicking the below icons. And then launch the program and connect your iPhone device to the computer with its USB cable.
Files on your iPhone device will be shown in the program in the form of folder. Hit the option of "Music" in the right panel, and mark all iTunes music in the program, and then click "Export" button to save the selected songs on your personal computer. (Mac users can follow the same steps on the Mac computer)
After that, launch the program for Android phone that you've installed before (If you haven't downloaded it, click here to get the downloading link.). Then make your phone recognized by the program, then you can use its Music function to add the iTunes music to your Android phones quickly. If you wish to know detailed steps of transferring music from computer to Android with this program, you can go to the MobiKin Android Assistant User Guide.
Tips: If your have another Android Device Manager software on your computer, you also can use it to load iTunes music to the device. Of course, some freeware like Samsung Kies, HTC Sync Manager, etc. also can reach the goal. Then you only need to download MobiKin Assistant for iOS software here to export iTunes music to computer, then everything will be OK ASAP!
More Information about MobiKin Assistant for iOS
|Supported devices||Data Available to Manage|
iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
Text content: Contacts, Messages, Notes, Safari bookmarks
|iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, The new iPad, iPad 2, iPad 1||Media content: Camera Roll, Photos, Voice memos, Movies, Music, Playlists, Ringtones, Books, TV shows, Podcasts.|
|iPod touch 5, iPod touch 4|