Top 5 Android Photos Recovery Apps to Recover Deleted Photos on Android
The latest Android smartphones are equipped with excellent cameras, comparable to digital SLRs. This is why people are more and more enthusiastic about taking pictures with their mobile phones. However, taking photos is a simple matter, but managing these photos is not easy. Sometimes, we accidentally delete important photos without backing up Android photos, and then try every means to recover these lost photos. Because Android devices are not like computers, there is a recycle bin that can temporarily store accidentally deleted photos, then we need to find a reliable photo recovery app for Android.
Here in this post, we have listed top 5 apps to recover deleted pictures on Android phones and tablets. Read through and pick out the best photo recovery app.
#1 Photo Recovery
Photo Recovery, as the name suggests, is an Android app to restore deleted photos. This is one of the best recovery app for Android that can retrieve deleted, hidden and lost photos on Android phones without rooting your phone. Photo Recovery is completely free, and provides two different recovery modes for users to choose. The application also has advanced browsing features that allow you to preview the recovered pictures. You can also use this APP to transfer and upload files between the computer and the Android device, that is to say, you can also create a backup for your Android device on the computer.
- You can restore photos without rooting the Android phone.
- Two different recovery modes are provided to meet different needs of users.
- A completely free app.
- The recovery process is very slow and it takes a lot of time to wait.
#2 DiskDigger Photo Recovery
DiskDigger Photo Recovery is a very popular Android photo recovery application developed by Defiant Technologies, LLc, which can recover deleted and lost photos from Android phone memory and SD card. Users can choose to restore the recovered photos to Android devices, or upload and save them to cloud storage services, such as Dropbox and Google Drive. DiskDigger is not only suitable for Android phones, it can also be used to recover deleted pictures from computers, digital cameras, SD cards, external USB drive and other devices. The tool has many convenient functions. It is easy to use, free, and has been downloaded more than 5 million times.
- You can restore pictures without rooting Android devices.
- Allows you to filter the photos you want to recover based on file size and type.
- If your Android device is rooted, then you need to perform a deeper scan than a non-rooted device.
#3 Dumpster Recycle Bin
Dumpster Recycle Bin is another app to retrieve deleted photos for Android devices. Its function is similar to the recycle bin of our Windows computer. The application interface is intuitive and simple to use, only a few simple steps, you can restore the files or folders you want to restore. Before recovery, you can preview the file and save or share the recovered data. In addition to photos, this Android data recover app can also help you recover music, text messages, videos and documents in any format, but it does not support recovery apps.
- You will not be forced to root the device.
- No need to connect to the Internet to work.
- Allows you to use a special lock screen to restrict access, thereby protecting your privacy.
- If your device is already rooted, then you need to spend more time waiting to perform a more in-depth search process.
- It contains ads, and in-app products will cost you some money.
#4 DigDeep Image Recovery
DigDeep Image Recovery is an excellent photo recovery for Android developed by GreatStuffApps, which can recover photos and images lost in SD card and internal storage. It can quickly scan the files and folders in the phone to find the lost pictures, and after the scan is complete, show the user a new interface, the interface contains different folders and each folder contains photos from a specific location. Then just click the recover button and a dialog box will tell you where to find the recovered pictures. The application does not require the user to root the phone, and the recovery speed is fast.
- No need to root Android devices.
- Has a beautiful UI design and is easy to use.
- This photo recovery for Android can perform in-depth scanning to recover more images.
- It will work slower with rooted devices as it performs much deeper search options.
#5 Restore Image (Super Easy)
Restore Image is an easy-to-use Android photo recovery application developed by AlpacaSoft. You can install this application directly on your device, and then restore deleted images from the Android phone memory or SD card according to your needs. Restore Image has a simple and easy-to-use user interface, making Android photo recovery very easy. Currently, the application has more than 5 million downloads.
- Without rooting the device, you can scan the entire device and restore images in JPG and PNG formats.
- A free application that can be downloaded and installed on your device for free from Google Play.
- Once you clear the cache files and memory on the device, the application will not be able to restore images.
- The process of scanning images is relatively slow compared to other applications.
Relative to the photo recovery app for Android, I would prefer to use the desktop's Android photos recovery software, because it has a faster and safer recovery process, and has more exciting features. MobiKin Doctor for Android (with its Mac version) is the best photo recovery software for Android, which can help you recover deleted Android data easily, including contacts, text messages, photos, call history, videos, audio, and so on. This Android photo recovery tool fully supports almost all of Android device including Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola, Sony, Xiaomi, Google Nexus, etc.
Why choose this Android photo recovery software - Doctor for Android?
- Support to recover deleted and lost photos in different formats from your Android devices.
- It allows you to preview and select your wanted photos before recovering.
- Be able to recover photos, videos, music, call logs, contacts, SMS and many more on Android phones and tablets.
- Supports 6000+ Android device models, various Android OS, including Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.
- The operation is very simple and does not require professional computer knowledge.
How to Retrieve Deleted Photos on Android by Using Doctor for Android?
Step 1. Install and launch Doctor for Android on your PC or Mac and then connect your Android device with the same computer through a USB cable. Enabled USB debugging on your Android device so that it can be detected by the Android photo recovery software.
Step 2. Then, you can select file types for recovery. To recover deleted photos from Android, you should choose Photos option and click the "Next" button at the buttom-right corner. Then, the program will quickly scan your Android photos.
Step 3. After the scan, you can view the photos in thumbnails. You can toggle on "Only display the deleted item(s)" to locate all the deleted Android photos marked in red. Choose the ones you want back and click the "Recover" button to retrieve the selected photos completely in full size.
For more details about Android photos recovery, you can watch the video below:
|MobiKin Doctor for Android
|DiskDigger Photo Recovery
|Dumpster Recycle Bin
|DigDeep Image Recovery
|Restore Image (Super Easy)
|Recover photos from both internal memory and SD card
|Recover contacts, SMS, call logs, videos, etc.
|Require storage space on Android device
|Different recovery modes
|Run smoothly and not easy to malfunction
|Intuitive UI & Simple to Use
|7*24 Technical Support
|Free with limitations
Now, it's your turn!
After reading the detailed function introduction of these Android photo recovery apps, and the intuitive table comparison above, which application will you choose? In my opinion, I would prefer to use the desktop software - MobiKin Doctor for Android, because it does not take up space on the Android device, runs smoothly and is not easy to crash. It can recover almost all file types on Android phones and also can be used as a daily backup tool for Android to save the existing data and the recovered data on the Android device to the computer.