How to Sync Google Contacts with iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7/6S/6?
It is an annoying thing to add a large amount of numbers into your iPhone manually, especially when you switch phone from old iPhone to a new-released iPhone 8 Plus, 8 or iPhone X. Of course, some contacts can be saved in the phone's SIM card and inserted into the new device, but if you have hundreds yet thousands of contacts need to be transferred, things could be different. Obviously, SIM card can't provide enough space with users to store so many contacts info, and iTunes also useless in this situation, then what will you do? Typing contacts on the new iPhone seems to be impossible here, then is it any way to sync contacts from other accounts like Google Gmail, Facebook, etc. to iPhone? Sounds good? So we have collected and studied lots of articles, and finally picked up the most effective way for you to sync Google contacts to iPhone. You can follow the below steps to import Google contacts to iPhone within clicks. (Here, an article about how to sync Facebook contacts with iPhone also be introduced for your reference.)
How to Import Google Contacts to iPhone X/8 Plus/8/7/6S/6 for Further Using?
People are used to save lots of contacts info in their Gmail or Google account, so if you can find a good way to sync these info to your new-purchased iPhone, then you'll save lots of time on manually typing contacts on iPhone in the daily life and work. Generally speaking, the methods of transferring Gmail contacts to iPhone have a little bit difference according to the iPhone's operating system. So in the following contents, we'll divided into two different situations to explain the detailed syncing steps for your reference.
If you're using iOS 7 or later, please follow these steps:
1) Tap Settings on your device, and find Mail, Contacts, Calendars. After that, you can click Add Account and choose "Google" as your option.
2) Fill out your Google account information, including name, email, password, and description. Click "Next" and then you can see an interface like below:
3) Turn on Contacts option here and click "Save" button on the top right panel.
If you're using iOS 5 or iOS 6, Please transfer Google contacts to iPhone by following below steps
1) Follow the same steps as above: Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account. After that, you need to click Other option to continue choose Add CardDAV Account.
2) Now, you're required to enter some information in the fields like below:
- Server: google.com
- User Name: you full Google email address
- Password: your Google account password
3) After that, you'll enter the Advanced Settings, here please be sure that SSL is on and the port is 443. Then click "Next".
4) Return to the Home screen on your iPhone and tap Contacts. Then the syncing process will begin automatically. Wait for a little while, all contacts on your Google account will be copied to your iPhone without losing.
Now, you can enjoy your new iPhone as you like. If you wish to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail, here is also an detailed instruction for your reference: how to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail. And during the using of the device, please remember to backup contacts from iPhone to computer regularly so that you'll mistakenly delete or lost any important contacts. Or even though the contacts have been lost, you still can use a simple tool to recover contacts from iPhone or iTunes backup easily.