iPhone to Sony Transfer: How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Sony?
Why so many people choose the Android phone over iPhone in recent years? Of course, the high price of the iPhone is the main factor. Furthermore, the Android operating system's flexibility and convenience have led people to try out an Android mobile phone. And an increasing number of people will constantly prefer Android phones in the future. If you have an iPhone already and want to switch to a new Android phone, say, Sony Xperia, you may need to transfer data from iPhone to Sony, including contacts, text messages, photos, call log, etc.
Then, how do I transfer data from iPhone to Sony easily and quickly? Unlike transferring data from Android to Android, moving data from an iPhone to a Sony Xperia device is far from an accessible business. But don't panic. We still have five different ways to help you complete the iPhone to Sony transfer.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Sony with Transfer for Mobile
- Part 2: How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Sony Xperia via Google Drive
- Part 3: How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Sony via Xperia Transfer App
- Part 4: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Sony Xperia via iCloud
- Part 5: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Sony Xperia via iTunes
You can't just use a USB cable to sync your old data from iPhone to Sony Xperia without any assistant. We will recommend a professional third-party tool equipped with functions to transfer iPhone data such as messages, contacts, videos, photos, notes, etc., to Sony Xperia. It's MobiKin Transfer for Mobile. With its aid, you won't find it hard to move all data on your iPhone to your Sony Xperia cell phone at all.
What can Transfer for Mobile do for you:
- Easily move data between two devices, no matter they are running Android or iOS.
- Transfer almost all types of data, such as songs, videos, movies, ringtones, pictures, contacts, text messages, apps, etc.
- It won't damage your device, and the existing data on the target phone would be kept intact.
- It supports 8000+ different devices, including iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus, Sony Xperia XZ4/XZ3/XZ2/XZ1/XA, Xperia X10, Xperia X8, Xperia Z5, Xperia Play/Ray, and so on.
You can click the icons above to download and install the program on your computer. Then, follow the steps below to copy data from iPhone to Sony Xperia via Transfer for Mobile.
Step 1: Connect the two devices to the computer
Connect both your iPhone and Sony Xperia to the computer via USB cables. Launch the software and wait until it detects the two connected devices.
Step 2: Confirm the source and destination devices
The program would automatically mark the two devices as either source or destination device. Here, iPhone should be the source while your Xperia phone must be the destination device. Otherwise, you can use the flip button to correct their positions.
Step 3: Start the iPhone to Sony transfer
Choose the files you want by ticking them off, and click the "Start Copy" button to start transferring the iPhone data to the Sony smartphone.
Once the transfer process is complete, Transfer for Mobile will notify you so that you can safely unplug the two devices from your computer.
Check If You Need:
Because Google Drive is suitable for Android and iOS platforms, you can also use it to perform iPhone to Sony Xperia transfer. However, compared with the method in part 1, using Google Drive is complicated, and only a few data types can be transferred, such as contacts, calendars, photos, and videos. To learn how to transfer data from iPhone to Sony via Google Drive, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone and install the Google Drive app.
- Run Google Drive on your iPhone and log in with your Google account.
- Click the menu icon on the primary screen.
- Choose "Settings" > "Backup" > "START BACKUP".
- Wait for a while as your iPhone data would be saved to the cloud.
- After you backed up your iPhone data to Google Drive, you can go to your Sony phone's Settings > Accounts > Google.
- Log in to the same account you have done the backup, and enable the syncing option for App Data, Calendar, Contacts, Drive, etc.
Sony's Xperia Transfer app is specifically designed to help users transfer contacts, text messages, pictures, and other data from old Android or iOS devices to new Sony phones. It also allows you to choose to transfer contacts from the iPhone itself or an iCloud backup. Then, how do I transfer data from iPhone to Sony by using Xperia Transfer app?
- Download and install the Xperia Transfer app on your iPhone and Sony phones.
- Run the app on the Sony device and click the "Apple iOS option" to select the system. Then, the system will ask you where to transfer contacts from: iOS device or iCloud. Here, we take the iOS device as an example.
- Connect iPhone and Sony device with a USB OTG cable. Once a message pops up on the device asking whether to allow access to the content, always select "Allow" or "OK".
- Once the two devices are connected and paired successfully, the Sony phone will automatically scan the data from the iPhone and list all the files that can be transferred.
- Select the items you want to transfer, and click the "Transfer" button to start.
Check If You Need:
How do I transfer contacts from iPhone to Sony Xperia? You only need an iCloud account and a Google account, without downloading any software or apps (here is the whole process of syncing iCloud contacts with Google), you can successfully sync contacts from iPhone to Sony phone. In this process, you need to prepare a computer and network (WiFi or data plan) connection.
- On your iPhone, navigate to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Contacts".
- Enable the Contacts option and merge all the iPhone contacts with iCloud.
- On your computer, go to icloud.com and log in to your Apple ID and password.
- Click the "Contacts" option from the iCloud window to view the directory.
- Go to the lower-left corner to choose "Select All".
- Then, click "Settings" > "Export vCard" and all contacts will be exported to the computer as a VCF file.
- Go to the Google Contacts site on the computer and log in with your Google account.
- Click "More" > "Import" > "Choose File" to locate the VCF file on the computer.
- Click "Import" to add the VCF file to your Google account.
- Turn to your Sony phone, go to its "Settings" > "Account" > "Google".
- Log in with the same Google account and sync contacts from Google account to Sony phone.
In addition to iCloud, Apple's iTunes is also a great tool to transfer iPhone contacts to an account associated with your Sony Xperia phone. The account can be Google, Windows, or Outlook. OK, let's see how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Sony Xperia XA/Z5 via iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable, and open the iTunes program.
- Click on your iPhone's name on the upper-left corner of the iTunes interface to bring out the summary page.
- Navigate to the "Info" tab and select "Sync Contacts With". Then, click the drop-down list and choose an account (Google Contacts or Windows Contacts) you use on your Sony phone.
- Click the "Apply" icon at the lower right corner to sync contacts with your account.
- Go to your Sony Xperia handset, tap on "Settings" > "Accounts", and log into the same Google or Windows account. After that, all your iPhone contacts will be loaded into the Sony device.
A Brief Summary
It's up to you! When you know the above five different ways to perform iPhone to Sony transfer, you should already know which method to choose. If you want a reliable and efficient method, using MobiKin Transfer for Mobile is your best choice. It supports more file types and more straightforward operation steps, which can save you a lot of time and energy. Not only iOS to Android transfer, it can also transfer data directly from iOS to iOS, Android to iOS, or Android to Android.