5 Fast & Easy Ways on How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac
Taking pictures using Samsung is great since it increases convenience. But since the storage space of Samsung device is limited, you may have to transfer those pictures to another source to create room for other functionalities. For example, you can transfer photos from Samsung to Mac to back up these files and meanwhile free up your phone space.
If you are an iPhone user, you can click to learn:
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Laptop? 4 Solutions for You!
- How to Transfer Photos from Mac to iPhone? (6 Easy Ways Include)
Then, how to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac easily? The process may seem complicated by the fact that these two run on different platforms. But with the right guidance, you can get it done within minutes. The followings are 5 recommended transfer ways for your reference:
- Method 1. Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac via MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version)
- Method 2. Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with USB Cable
- Method 3. Transfer Pictures from Samsung to Mac via Android File Transfer
- Method 4. Download Photos from Samsung Phone to Mac via Smart Switch
- Method 5. Send Pictures from Samsung to Mac via MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Mac Version)
- Comparison: Which Method is Better?
To transfer photos from Samsung to Mac, MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version) can be a good helper for you. It is one of the best Android file transfer tools which can assist you to transfer and manage different kinds of files on Android devices. These files include photos, videos, music, contacts, text messages, books and many more. Except for that, it also allows you to back up and restore your Android device with one click. Hence, when you try to transfer photos or other files from Samsung to Mac or PC, you can consider this powerful program.
Now, please download and install the transfer tool on your Mac computer by clicking the icon below: (the Win version also available)
Here is how to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac with MobiKin Assistant for Android:
- Launch the software on your Mac computer and connect your Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8 to the Mac with a USB cable.
- Follow the prompts popped up on the screen to let the program detect your Samsung phone.
- Once recognized, you can select "Photos" in the left-hand panel of the window that comes up. Then all the pictures on your Samsung device will be displayed.
- Tick off the images that you want to transfer and tap the "Export" option to export the pictures from Samsung to Mac.
Using USB cable is one of the most common ways to copy photos from Samsung to Mac. To complete the transfer by using this way, you need to set your Samsung device as a camera and then you are free to move photos from your Samsung device to Mac or from Mac to Samsung.
Tutorial to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac:
- Connect your Samsung to the Mac with a USB cord.
- Unlock your Samsung and then swipe down from the top of the screen to connect your device as a media device. To achieve that, you can change the USB connection type to "MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)" or "PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol)".
- Turn to your Mac computer and open your Samsung device then go to "DCIM" > "Camera".
- Choose the pictures that you want to transfer and drag the files into a folder on your Mac.
Another way you can consider to sync Samsung photos to Mac is using Android File Transfer App. This is one of the best applications for those using devices running on Android 3.0 or later versions. As its name suggests, this application is good at transferring files between Android device and Mac computer. So here, it could be one of your options.
Steps to send pictures from Samsung S10/S9/S8 to Mac computer:
- Download and install Android File Transfer App on your Mac and then drag it into "Application".
- Run the application and use a USB cable to connect your Samsung to the Mac.
- Once the App recognizes your phone, you need to open the "DCIM" or "Pictures" folder.
- View and choose the wanted photos then drag and drop them from Samsung Galaxy to your Mac computer.
Sometimes this App may fail to work for unknown reasons. If you encounter such an issue while transferring the photos, you can click to learn how to fix Android File Transfer not working on Mac. Or you can directly use Android File Transfer alternative for Mac to complete the transfer.
Smart Switch is also a tool that can help to ease the transfer process. This App is equipped with a "Backup & Restore" function which allows users to backup and restore different types of files, such as videos, photos, and applications among others. Apart from that, it is good at transferring files from other mobile phones to Samsung devices. For Samsung users, this would be a useful tool.
Guide on how to download photos from Samsung phone to Mac:
- Download, install and launch the Smart Switch on your Mac computer. Please make sure you choose the Mac version.
- Link your Samsung phone to the Mac using a USB cable and go with the prompts to make the connected device recognized.
- Choose the "Backup" option from the home page of Smart Switch to save all your Samsung files to Mac.
The last solution recommended here is to make use of MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Mac Version). The "Back Up Your Phone" feature of this software empowers you to save different file types from Samsung or other Android devices to Mac computer. You can use it to backup your Samsung photos to Mac selectively or wholly as you like.
Learn how to move pictures from Samsung phone to Mac computer:
- Open the program on your computer and connect your phone to the Mac with USB cable.
- Select "Back Up Your Phone" mode and click the "Start" button on the primary interface.
- Then you can tap on the "Photos" option from the top menu and continue to mark the desired pictures.
- Hit the "Start" button at the bottom of the interface to begin syncing photos from Samsung to Mac.
Except for backing up Android phone to Mac computer, this program also enables users to transfer data from Android to Android and restore files from backups. You can also have a try if needed.
Now let's make a comparison among these 5 transfer ways:
|MobiKin Assistant for Android (Mac Version)||USB Cable||Android File Transfer||Smart Switch||MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Mac Version)|
|Transfer with One Click|
|Supported File Types||Almost All Files||Media Files||Almost All Files||Almost All Files||Almost All Files|
Which method is better? Please share your opinions with us!