Recover Samsung Galaxy Data after Factory Reset
Sometimes, in order to fix Android errors, you might have to factory reset your Samsung phone. And it is known to all that all the files and settings will be erased after the reset. Then, what can you do to restore the Samsung data in this case? At this moment, you may want a tutorial to teach you how to recover Samsung Galaxy data after factory reset and this article could be a useful one.
Factory reset is a function on Android phones which can clear up all the data like contacts, messages, call logs, photos, applications, etc. and reboot the phone to its original state. Thus, it would be a helpful feature for the people who want to resell their devices or need to fix some system errors on their phones. So far, it seems that factory reset is very serviceable for Android users. But after completing the reset, restoring data from the formatted phone would be a hard task.
Normally, users have two ways to retrieve data from their formatted Samsung- restore them from backup or use a professional recovery software.
1. Restore formatted Samsung with backup
On Samsung phones, there is a Samsung account backup feature which allows users to sync their data directly. Here, if you have made a backup with this account before, it would be very easy for you to get back the data after factory reset cause you can simple restore them from the backup.
- Go to Settings and choose Accounts in this section.
- Then, you will get a list of accounts on the screen and you can tap on Samsung account option among them.
- Elect Restore and you will see some file types. Just tick the wanted files and click on Restore now to begin restoring.
- Now a pop-up prompt will appear to ask you confirm the option. You can hit ok to proceed.
2. Use software to recover Samsung Galaxy data after factory reset
Nonetheless, some users do not have the habit of backing up files regularly so they are unable to restore their data from backup. Thus, they need to turn to reliable recovery program to help them extract the data. And while selecting the software, you can take MobiKin Doctor for Android into consideration.
No matter the files are wrongly deleted or formatted, the tool can scan its internal memory and external SD card and then retrieve data on them completely. The file types that it can recover include contacts, messages, pictures, videos, music and so on. Hence, you can download this program and try to use it to get back your data.
- Next, connect your Samsung to computer and launch it. After that, the tool will detect the connected phone automatically.
- When the scan finishes, files on the Samsung will be categorized and the deleted and existing files will be marked in different colors. Here, you can preview the files in red color only.
- Tick the files you want to restore and hit Recover button to save them to your computer.