[Overview] Top 9 Samsung Smart Switch Alternatives and Similar Apps
Samsung Smart Switch is described as an easy-to-use app for Android/iOS to Samsung data transfer, though, it is not as solid and reliable as expected, in fact. So sought-after Samsung Smart Switch alternatives are increasingly getting public attention.
Well, we will walk you through the 9 best alternatives to Samsung Smart Switch in this quick guide. Now, read on to find the functional replacement you like best.
What's Samsung Smart Switch?
Smart Switch, a dedicated app from Samsung, helps transfer data from a device to a new Samsung Galaxy/Note series via a USB or WiFi. It works for files like contacts, SMS, call logs, apps, documents, media files, calendar events, alarms, and more. After the file migration, the layout of your new phone will mirror the display of the old one.
To get its features like backup creation, Samsung phone's software update, app transfer, etc., you must make a purchase of it. Again, it doesn't offer any trial period.
How to use Samsung Smart Switch?
If you want to transfer data to Samsung from another phone running Android or iOS, just follow the steps below to get the job done.
- Download the app on your devices.
- Install and launch it.
- Select how you wish to connect them (USB cable or WiFi).
- Choose the type of source device – Android or iOS. The target phone has to be Samsung.
- Select where you want to transfer data (SD card or device storage).
- Connect both devices. (if you're connecting them wirelessly, ensure they're in close proximity.)
- Enter a generated code to authenticate the connection.
- Once connected, select the file type you intend to copy.
- Wait for a few minutes for the app to complete the transfer.
Why is it not recommended to use Smart Switch?
- Does Smart Switch work with non-Samsung phones? It supports Android/iOS to Samsung data migration only.
- Smart Switch isn't compatible with some Android brands or models.
- It fails to connect occasionally.
- It is unable to transfer apps often.
- It crashes at times.
- Advanced features require monthly fees.
- Phone Transfer Apps: Top 8 Data Transfer Apps to Sync Phone Data Seamlessly
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung (Practical in 2021)
1. MobiKin Transfer for Mobile
As the best alternative to Samsung Smart Switch, MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Win and Mac) is proficient in transferring data between smartphones, irrespective of the device's platform. That is, the target device does not always have to be a Samsung phone. It copies data with zero quality loss and risk-free. And there is no need to root or jailbreak your devices. This software always works smoothly on mobile phones, eliminating the cons of Smart Switch undoubtedly.
Key Highlights of MobiKin Transfer for Mobile:
- 1-click to transfer data from Android to Android, Android to iOS, iOS to Android, iOS to iOS.
- Supported data types: contacts, text messages, call records, music, videos, photos, documents, and apps.
- Compatible with almost all mobile phones, such as Samsung Galaxy S21/S20/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5/S4, Galaxy Note20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8/Note 7/Note 6, Huawei, Sony, Motorola, LG, Xiaomi, OPPO, Vivo, HTC, and all generations of iPhones, iPads, and iPods.
- It lets you transfer data without fear of privacy leakage.
Now, you can download, install, and launch the program on your computer.
Then, let's check out how to transfer data between phones with it (here, take Samsung to Samsung data transfer as an example).
Step 1. Use a USB cable to connect your Samsung devices to the same computer. Then you may need to enable USB debugging on Samsung to get the phones recognized by this tool.
Step 2. Ensure your devices are in the correct positions of the program screen (source: old Samsung; destination: new Samsung). If not, tap "Flip".
Step 3. Mark the data type(s) in the middle of the interface and tap "Start Copy".
- Intra-platform and cross-platform data copy.
- Informative interface, easy connection, quick transfer, etc.
- Provides with a free trial.
- Fairly priced.
- Not found yet.
- Start at $29.95 (1-Year License).
2. Aiseesoft FoneCopy
Aiseesoft FoneCopy, a standout replacement for Samsung Smart Switch, can transfer media files and contacts between smartphones and tablets on iOS/Android. This program divides data types into three categories. It bears a simple interface and is pretty easy to connect.
- One-click to move data between two devices.
- Completely safe and clean.
- Free trial (30 days).
- Unable to specify the transferable data.
- $47.96 (Lifetime License).
AkrutoSync can automatically and privately sync Outlook contacts, calendar, notes, and tasks directly with any Android, iOS device, and Windows phone, keeping information out of the cloud. It works with WiFi or a cellular network. You'll never lose your device data, especially with its sync history feature.
- It works for Windows phones, too.
- No data loss during the transfer.
- It doesn't always work.
- Start from $2.99 (Per month).
You May Be Interested in:
- Samsung to iPhone Transfer: Switching from Samsung to iPhone in Different Ways
- How to Recover Samsung Data from Normal & Crack Samsung Galaxy (4 Ways)
4. Wondershare MobileTrans
Fully compatible with 6000+ devices out there, you are entitled to use Wondershare MobileTrans to transfer photos, videos, audio files, call logs, contacts, messages, apps, app data between two cellphones. Moreover, this utility gives you the power to run backups of your device and restore existing backups to your gadget.
- It also helps for data backup & restore.
- Slow transfer.
- Limited sharing functionality on iPhones.
- Start at $29.95 (1 Year License).
5. dr.fone- Switch
dr.fone- Switch, an excellent alternative to Samsung Smart Switch, can transfer data between two mobile phones. It works to move every primary data type like photos, documents, music, contacts, messages, call logs, and more within a few clicks. Besides, it's able to restore an iCloud backup to Android.
- Excellent compatibility.
- Fast processing.
- The trial version has limited features.
- $29.95 (1 Year License)
6. Jihosoft Phone Transfer
Supporting copying data from iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android, iPhone to Android, iTunes to Android, Android to iPhone, etc., Jihosoft Phone Transfer can bring you a good transfer experience if you purchase its licenses. It plays functions on media content, calendar, contacts, SMS, call logs and apps.
- Green user interface.
- Perform tasks efficiently.
- No free trial.
- Limited customer support.
- Start from $29.95 (1 Year License).
As a free alternative to Samsung Smart Switch, CLONEit can transfer data from one mobile to another in two steps. It helps you process data like contacts, SMS, MMS, call logs, applications, app data, and all types of content in an SD card. It works offline and supports 40+ languages.
- No network needed.
- Easy connection.
- Compatibility issues with iDevices and some Android phones.
SyncDroid is a free alternative to Smart Switch for Samsung data transfer. It can migrate content from one phone to another or your computer, covering messages, call logs, apps, photos, music, videos, eBooks, and many more. It is also a handy tool to make iOS/Android data backup and restore or manage the backup records.
- Effortless data backup and restore.
- Save different types of data.
- Show the free space on your phone and SD card.
- It won't work with Windows Explorer.
- Only support Android's native browser.
- Occasional problems.
AnyDroid eliminates the flaws of the Samsung Smart Switch and provides cool features you would ever need to transfer your iOS or Android data. This alternative to Samsung Smart Switch lets you move main files on your device and won't affect the quality of the original data after the transfer.
- Feature-rich Android manager.
- Support a wide range of file formats.
- The free trial is almost useless.
- It's a little bit expensive.
- Start at $30.95 (1 Year License).
We observed the top 9 best Samsung Smart Switch alternatives out there. Now, you can pick a program like MobiKin Transfer for Mobile to move data over seamlessly. This software is better than Smart Switch in terms of various performance indicators.
With this smart utility, you can copy content between almost any two smartphones, tablets, or pads, not limited to Android/iOS to Samsung. Furthermore, there's no need to worry about data loss and privacy disclosure, even if you have tons of files to transfer.