How to Transfer Data from Samsung to OnePlus 5T/6/7T/8/8 Pro/Nord?
"Hi there, I recently bought an Oneplus 5T for my wife for Christmas but having a real headache getting the App Data across from her Samsung S7. The Data is all backed up to the Samsung cloud, which cannot be accessed remotely unless using a Samsung device where it can only be viewed and not copied or transferred. How can I restore the data she has on her phone at present? Thanks for any help."
The current mobile phone update speed is breakneck. We have also entered the 5G era and experienced the convenience brought by the 5G network. Many people want to buy 5G phones to enjoy this change. But here comes the question: when we buy a new phone, such as OnePlus 8, how should we deal with the data in the old phone, such as Samsung Galaxy? In other words, how to transfer data from Samsung to OnePlus?
Many users do not know how to transfer data between two mobile phones, and have to discard the data in the old mobile phone. This sounds very regrettable. We actually have many phone transfer apps and options to ensure a seamless transfer of mobile phone data. Today our topic is how to transfer data from Samsung to OnePlus 5T/6/7T/8/8 Pro/Nord.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to OnePlus with Transfer for Mobile
- Part 2: How to Move Data from Samsung to OnePlus with OnePlus Switch
- Part 3: How to Copy Data from Samsung to OnePlus with Bluetooth
- Part 4: How to Transfer Data from Samsung to OnePlus with Google Account
- Part 5: How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to OnePlus for Free
A highly adopted method for Samsung to OnePlus data transfer is using a professional phone transfer software called MobiKin Transfer for Mobile. Apart from that, it can also support transferring data based on cross multiplatform. That's to say, you can use it to transfer data from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
Main Features of the Transfer for Mobile
- Smoothly transfer data from Samsung to OnePlus, and vice versa.
- Effectively move data like photos, videos, music, contacts, text messages, call logs, apps, calendar, notes, and many more between two devices.
- Carry out data transfer between the same system and different systems.
- Support all OnePlus phone models like OnePlus 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/One, 8T/7T/6T/5T/4T/3T/2T, etc., as well as Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S10+/S9/S9+/S8/S8+/S7/S6/S5/S4, Galaxy Note 20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8/Note 7/Note 6/Note 5/Note 4, Galaxy M20/A51/A71, etc.
- It is 100% safe and secure, providing an easy, quick, and one-stop phone transferring solution.
Steps to move all data from Samsung to OnePlus with Transfer for Mobile.
Step 1: Connect Samsung and OnePlus phones to computer
Download and install MobiKin Transfer for Mobile on your Windows or Mac computer. Once it is installed, launch it and connect both Samsung and OnePlus phones to the computer. Once connected, the primary interface will pop up to you.
Step 2: Confirm the source and destination devices
The data will be transferred from the source device to the destination device. Therefore, you need to select the Source as Samsung and Destination as OnePlus. If they are wrongly placed, you can click the "Flip" button to exchange their positions.
Step 3: Select data and start transfer
Select the required data files from the middle of the interface. Then, hit the "Start Copy" button to start transferring data from Samsung to OnePlus. You can also tick off the "Clear data before copying option" if you want to erase the destination device's data.
Check If You Need:
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung (Practical in 2023)
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone? (6 Proven Tips in 2023)
OnePlus Switch is an application launched by OnePlus itself to transfer all kinds of data, including contacts, messages, photos, etc., from any old device to OnePlus 5T/6/7T/8/8 Pro/Nord. It can also help you back up the data on your OnePlus phone as a compressed archive. In the future, you can recover the data you want from compressed archive files.
Steps to copy data from Samsung to OnePlus by using OnePlus Switch app
- Download the OnePlus Switch app from Google Play Store and install it on both Samsung and OnePlus devices. Make sure your Android has a 6.0 or later version.
- After installing the OnePlus Switch app, you need to select "I am Old Phone" for the source Samsung phone, and select "I am New Phone" for the destination OnePlus phone.
- Select the Samsung as an old device on the OnePlus Switch app on the OnePlus device. Then, a QR code will appear on your OnePlus phone.
- Open the OnePlus Switch app on your Samsung device and scan the QR code. After that, the two phones will be connected with each other.
- Now, you can choose the files you want to migrate, such as contacts, messages, call logs, photos, videos, audio, apps and more, and then tap on the "Start" button to kick off the data transfer process.
The OnePlus Switch app only supports transferring data from other devices to the OnePlus phone, and does not support transferring files from the OnePlus phone to other devices. If you want to know how to transfer data from OnePlus to Samsung, you can click this link to enter the corresponding article.
Bluetooth should be a well-known built-in function of mobile phones. But Bluetooth does not support batch transfer, you have to transfer individual data from Samsung to OnePlus one by one. If you don't mind this, or only have a small amount of data to transfer, you can refer to the following steps.
Here follow the steps to switch data from Samsung to OnePlus via Bluetooth:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both Samsung and OnePlus devices. To do this, you need to go to "Settings" > "Bluetooth" and switch it on. Or, you can also pull down the phone screens to switch on the Bluetooth function.
- Choose the OnePlus phone as the target device and then pair the two devices via a random code that appears.
- You can now select the files you want to transfer, including music, photos, videos, etc.
- Tap on the Menu button and click the "Share" bottom. Then, choose "Bluetooth" from the new screen and select the OnePlus phone as the target device.
- Hit the "Accept" button on the OnePlus phone to begin the transfer.
If you have a Google account, you can also use Google's sync function to sync files from Samsung to OnePlus. To do this, you need to upload the files on the Samsung phone to Google Cloud Space, then log in to the same Google account on the OnePlus phone, and restore the backup files to the OnePlus phone.
Follow the steps to transfer data from Samsung to OnePlus with a Google account:
- On your Samsung phone, go to "Settings" > "Backup & Reset" > "Backup my data" to back up the WiFi password, app's data, and other more settings to Google account.
- On your OnePlus phone, go to "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Add account" > "Google", and log in to the same Google account.
- Tap on the "Account sync" feature and begin to restore data from the backup to your OnePlus phone.
Many people ask how to move contacts from Samsung to OnePlus for free. Here, we discuss the easiest way - using a SIM card. You can export contacts on a Samsung phone to a SIM card, and then import them from the SIM card to OnePlus device. However, if there are too many contacts, you need to consider whether the storage space of the SIM card is sufficient.
Here's how to move contacts from Samsung to OnePlus:
- On your Samsung home page, open the "Contacts" app and go to the right up corner to tap on "More" > "Manage contacts" > "Export to SIM card".
- Take off the SIM card and insert it in to your OnePlus phone.
- On the OnePlus phone home page, navigate to "Contacts" > "More" > "Manage Contacts" > "Import/Export" > "Import from SIM Card".
- After that, all contacts in the SIM card will be synced to OnePlus.
Here you are. Hope we have let you know how to transfer data from Samsung phone to OnePlus. Among the above five methods, I think you need the most secure and professional software such as MobiKin Transfer for Mobile. It provides you with the most comfortable and safest way to complete Samsung to OnePlus transfer. Just a few clicks of the mouse, you can transfer all the phone data. Next time, when you need to buy a new phone, you don't have to worry about data transmission anymore.