[Hot] How to Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy?
Getting a new phone is always exciting. When you decide to give up your three-year-old iPhone and switch to the latest Samsung Galaxy S22, the first situation you need to face is the need to transfer data from your iPhone to your Samsung phone. After all, you must have stored a lot of important data, such as SMS messages, on your old device. If you don't transfer these text messages to your new phone, it may bring a lot of inconvenience to your life and work in the future.
As we all know, iPhone and Samsung run two very different operating systems, therefore, we cannot transfer text messages directly on these two phones. The good news is that we tested three effective ways to transfer messages from iPhone to Samsung, and each one is easier to use than you might think. Read on for more information.
Method 1: Transfer Messages from iPhone to Samsung with Transfer for Mobile
Thanks to MobiKin Transfer for Mobile, a professional mobile phone data transfer software, it is very easy to transfer text messages from old iPhone to new Samsung phone. With it, you can transfer call logs, contacts, text messages, calendars, photos, music, videos and apps between Android and iPhone with a single tool.
Transfer for Mobile effectively performs the following functions:
- Easily transfer contacts, text messages, eBooks, music, videos, photos and more from iPhone to Samsung.
- Transfer data between devices across multiple platforms, including iPhone to iPhone, Android to Android, and Android to iPhone.
- Safe and reliable, no data will be lost when transferring data.
- Content can be selectively transferred from one device to another.
- Support nearly all Android and iOS devices, including Samsung Galaxy S22/S21/S20/S10/S9/S8/S7/S6, iPhone 13/12/11/XS (Max)/XR/X/8/7S/7/6S/6, etc.
Let's take a closer look at how to use Transfer for Mobile to easily transfer SMS messages and all other data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy phone. First, download this software by clicking the download button above, then install it on your computer.
Step 1: Install and launch Transfer for Mobile
First of all, run the installed data transfer tool - Transfer for Mobile on your computer. Connected your iPhone and Samsung phones to the computer and then the program will detect the two phones immediately.
Step 2: Switch the two phones to correct positions
When the two phones are detected, the program will list them side by side. You should be sure they're placed in the right position - iPhone is the source phone and Samsung is the destination phone. If not, click "Flip" to switch their positions.
Step 3: Start to transfer iPhone messages to Samsung
All the contents will display in the middle of the interface. Tick off the "Text Messages" folder from the data list, and click the "Start Copy" button to initiate the process of transferring SMS from iPhone to Samsung phone.
Check If You Need:
- [3 Ways] How to Transfer All WhatsApp Chats from Android to Android?
- How to Transfer Contacts from Samsung to iPhone - 5 Methods You'd Better Know
Method 2: Transfer Messages from iPhone to Galaxy with Samsung Smart Switch
Second, we can look at the Smart Switch tool provided by Samsung. This tool can help you transfer messages from iPhone to Samsung S9/S10/S20/S21/S22 without a computer. Before starting, I recommend that you fully charge both phones as this process can take a long time. Also, you need to make sure that 2-step verification for iMessage and Apple ID accounts is turned off on your iPhone.
- Download and install the Smart Switch app on your iPhone and Samsung phones.
- Open the Smart Switch app on your Samsung Galaxy phone and it will prompt you to choose between Wi-Fi and cable. You can choose one of them as the transfer method.
- If you choose WiFi, then you just need to choose SMS from iPhone to transfer.
- If you choose USB Cable, then you need to connect the two phones via the USB cable and the included USB connector.
- Then, tap "Trust" on the notification that pops up on your iPhone screen to continue.
- Tap the Send button on your iPhone, then tap the Receive button on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Wait until your Samsung phone finishes scanning the old phone's data. Now you can choose the type of data to import.
- Click the transfer arrow to start the SMS migration process.
Check If You Need:
- How to Transfer SMS from Windows Phone to iPhone
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to Android
Method 3: Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy with iSMS2droid
If you've used iTunes to back up text messages from your iPhone to your computer, then you can also manually move your messages to Samsung with the help of a third-party app called iSMS2droid. It is important to note that your backup files must not be encrypted, otherwise this application will not be able to access the backup contents.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. Launch iTunes and click the device icon once it appears.
- Navigate to the "Summary" page and click the option of "Back Up Now".
- Once the backup is complete, open the folder of your iPhone backup on your local. For Windows computer, you can go to: C://[Users]/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Mobile Sync. For Mac computer, you can go to: /Users/[Username]/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup.
- Open the folder, locate to the file called 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28, which is the database file containing your text messages.
- Copy and paste the file to the new storage for your Samsung phone.
- Download the iSMS2droid app from Google play and install it on your Samsung phone.
- Launch the app and tap the "Import Messages" button. You need to accept iSMS2droid's request permission to temporarily change the default message.
- You need to accept iSMS2droid's request permission to temporarily change the default message.
- A dialog will open and you should choose the message database file you just transferred to your Android phone.
- Find and select the "Import All Messages" option. The transfer will begin and you will receive a support document.
- Once the SMS transfer is complete, you can go back to the Messaging app, switch it back to the default app. After that, you can read all your text messages on your Samsung phone now.
The Bottom Line
Now we have reached the last paragraph of this article, which summarizes the main content of this article. We understand the importance of your text messages, so we aim to help you complete your iPhone to Samsung text message transfer tasks safely and efficiently. We have provided a total of three best methods that have been tested, you just need to choose the one that suits you, and then repeat the steps described above to transfer text messages from iPhone to Samsung easily and quickly.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
How to Transfer Music from iPad to iPhone
Transfer SMS (Text Messages) from Android to iPhone
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPad Easily