How Can I Back up Contacts from SIM Card on Computer?
Q: Yesterday my friends formatted his smart phone because the device seemed to be infected by viruses. All the files include the contacts were disappearing. But luckily he had a backup on the computer so he recovered the SIM card data with no hassle and now his phone can operate normally. The case makes me want to back up contacts and other important files on computer in case that I may meet the similar situations that the contacts are lost because of misoperation. So I think it is necessary to make a backup of the data in SIM card on the computer. Do you have any good idea about how to back up contacts from SIM card on computer?
There are a lot of inevitable and unexpected accidents in real life. Although no one will expect to lose contacts and there are many people lose the contacts because of some wrong operation or careless mistakes, which may result in a lot of trouble. So how to avoid the accidents? Why not make a backup on the computer? Here we will recommend you a wonderful third party tool - MobiKin File Transfer (Windows/Mac), which enable you to transfer contacts between Android phones and computer freely and effectively. The features of the software are as follows:
- The software can detect and scan the files on your SIM card like contacts and SMS messages and the data that are stored in the SD card like photos, music, videos, books and so on automatically and thoroughly. And then with one click, you can back up them on the computer or transfer these files from the PC to the Android phone.
- The software can support all Android devices such as Sony, Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, and ZTE, etc with high compatibility. Besides, the software can be applied on different generations of Android operating system like Android 2.0 or later.
- There are two versions available, one is for Windows Version and the other is for Mac Version.
- The software is totally clean without any spyware or adware.
- You are also allowed to send messages to one or many contacts at once on a computer via the software.
Now you may download the Free Trial version to experience the functions by yourself.
Tips to Transfer SIM Card Data to Computer?
Step 1. Download the Software and Connect Android Phone to Computer
Download and install the software on your computer. Then link the Android phone to the PC with a USB cable and you may need to open the USB debugging by following the steps below. (Skip to the next step if you did this before.)
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Go to "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Go to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Go to "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
Finally, click on the USB debugging on the device and click Next on computer.
Step 2. Detect and Scan the Files.
Then software will scan the data in the device and you will see an interface like this with many categories on the left panel.
Step 3. Transfer the Files.
Click on the Contacts button and then the All Contacts button on the left panel to preview all the contacts on the right panel. Mark the contacts you want to transfer and tick the Export button to back up them on the computer.
You will find more functions if you download the software can try it by yourself.