How to Transfer Data from Lenovo Phone to Computer
Q: Well, I am using the Lenovo phone which is not a very famous brands compared to other Android phones and iPhone. Although there are few friends of mine use the Lenovo phone, I think it is good enough for me. Recently I want to backup some files on computer because I have used the mobile phone for many years and the handsets may be broken or bricked somehow one day, which may lead to the loss of files. I'd like to know the simplest but effective method to achieve the goal. Could you please help me give me some advices?
Since the different features of smart phone and computer, people may choose different device according to specific situations. You may use cellphone to watch TV series or movies when you are outside and watch videos on computer when backing home. So from time to time, you may need to transfer the files from mobile phone to computer or from PC to the device for various reasons. However, do you know the simplest method to perform the transferring process? I guess no, so here we will take the Lenovo phone as the example to offer you the tutorial to copy files between the smart phone and computer.
1. Connect your Lenovo phone to your PC with a USB cable. (Note: If you get a prompt about selecting a connection type, just choose the Media Device MTP)
2. Go to the bottom left corner of your computer's screen to click the Windows logo. Then, click the folder-shaped icon in the lower-left side of the Start window. This will open the File Explorer program.
3. Find your Lenovo phone's name to the left side bar of the File Explorer, click to open it.
4. Decide to go to the "Internal Storage" or "SD card" folder, which is according to where the photos you want to transfer are stored.
5. Find and double-click to open the "DCIM" folder. Then fine the Photos, Videos and Music folders where your Lenovo phone is stored. You have to open more than one folder if your media files are not in the same folder.
6. Select the photos, videos and music files you want to copy to your computer and right-click to choose the Copy option. Or you can directly press Ctrl+C to copy these media files.
7. Create a folder on your computer where you want to save the copied media files. Then right-click to choose the Paste option, or you can directly press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the media files to the folder.
Don't Miss: How to Backup Samsung Galaxy S8 on Computer
Usually using USB cable did not work and sometimes even it worked but it would cost too much time and efforts. And if you want to transfer more types of files, such as contacts and text messages from Lenovo to computer, you need to download a third party tool as the helper. The manager application is necessary for the smart phone users and here we recommend you a simple yet professional software - MobiKin Lenovo File Transfer (Windows/Mac).
With this software, it will be a piece of cake to transfer files between the Lenovo phone and computer in seconds within 3 steps. The application will detect the Lenovo files automatically and deeply and then the scanned files will be displayed as diverse categories. Then you are able to decide which files to be transferred or not. Besides, the program can support all kinds of Android brands devices like Motorola, Sony, Lenovo, HTC, LG and so on.
Tutorial to Export Data between Lenovo and Computer with Lenovo File Transfer
Step one. Click the buttons above to download the software accordingly. Install and launch the software on your computer then.
Connect the device to PC and enable the USB debugging according to the tips below and install the USB driver. (If you have installed the USB driver before, you can directly skip to the next step.)
Step two. After that, the software will detect the connected device and you will see an interface like the below one with many options list in the left panel.
Step three. Click one option in the left panel according to the files you want to transfer. Then there will be the details and thumbnails appear in the right panel. Check and mark the existing files that you want to transfer and finally tab the "Export" button to transfer them to the computer.
You can also click "Add" or "New" button to copy the data from computer to the device.
This the whole process of transferring data between a smart phone and computer by using the Android File Transfer.
We have another Lenovo to computer transfer program named MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Mac version available). It can not only transfer data, including contacts, SMS, photos, videos, music, apps and more between two phones, but also enables you to backup and restore phone data with one click. So, you can use it to backup Lenovo phone to computer with one click.
Download the free trial version of the Lenovo to computer transfer program:
Step 1. Install and run program on computer
Download, install and launch the Lenovo to computer transfer on your computer. The primary window should appear as the picture below. Directly choose the "Back Up Your Phone" option.
Step 2. Connect Lenovo phone to computer
Connect your Lenovo phone to the computer using a USB cables. The program will detect it immediately and show it on the left. All the transferable file types are listed on the right window.
Step 3. Transfer data from Lenovo to computer
Select the data or contents you want to transfer, including Contacts, SMS, Photos, Videos, etc. Then, give a click on the Start button to begin the Lenovo backup process.
Those are the three methods we recommend to you, you can choose your favorite one to have a try now.