Forgot iPod Password? 5 Easy Ways to Unlock iPod touch without Password
Setting a lock-screen password for iPod touch can effectively protect data from unauthorized persons. However, if you, unfortunately, forget the password, you cannot unlock the iPod touch, nor can you enter the device and use it normally. When you are in this situation, you must look everywhere for the solution of how to unlock iPod touch without password.
However, basically, all methods of bypassing iPod touch passwords will delete the data on your device. Therefore, you'd better have backed up your iPod data to computer beforehand. Otherwise, you will lose everything on the device. Read on to learn how to unlock an iPod touch without knowing the password. One of the methods will allow you to access a locked iPod in a matter of minutes.
- Way 1: How to Unlock iPod without Password with Various Possible Passwords
- Way 2: How to Unlock iPod touch without Password with iOS Unlock [Recommended]
- Way 3: How to Unlock an iPod touch without Knowing the Password via iTunes
- Way 4: How to Unlock iPod without Passcode via iCloud
- Way 5: How to Get into an iPod without the Password in Recovery Mode
Generally speaking, you can try to unlock the device by typing all possible numbers into the passcode box. For example, you can combine numbers of dates of events, birth or shoe size, numbers like 1111, 1234, or even the emergency number you can think of. Every time you enter the wrong code, the red flash on the screen will indicate a blink. When you enter the correct code, it will open and resume to its last open screen.
Maybe you just guessed the password, who can say that it is absolutely impossible, right? So just guess the password of the iPod touch before finding other solutions to unlock your iPod touch. If it is useless, you can try to use the Sleep/Wake button of the iPod and the Home button. Press them at the same time and hold for about 10 seconds. Release them after the apple logo appears on the phone display. This reset will require you to sign in to your Apple account using Apple ID, and then you can set up iCloud usage.
If you don't wish to take a trial on the above solutions, you can follow the below method to achieve your goal.
In the past, it seemed that the iPod touch screen could not be unlocked without a password. This was very frustrating and confusing, and we didn't know what to do. But now, you can use iOS Unlock, a vast potential password unlocker, to help you unlock any iOS device without a password. This can be done with a few simple mouse clicks. Moreover, the software can be used on both Windows and Mac computers.
- After unlocking by using the iOS Unlock, everything on your iDevice will be wiped away. So, please back up your locked iOS device on your computer if you haven't done it yet.
- Currently, iOS Unlock applies to an iOS device with iOS 14.2 or earlier.
Why We Choose iOS Unlock:
- Unlock locked/broken/disabled iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad without password.
- Remove any 4-digit passcode, 6-digit passcode, Touch ID, and Face ID.
- Simple and click-through process. No technical skills are required.
- It supports overall iOS devices, like iPod touch 7/6/5/4/3, iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPad Pro/mini/Air, etc.
How to Bypass iPod Passcode via iOS Unlock?
Step 1. Download and install iOS Unlock
Download and install iOS Unlock on your system. Launch it and choose the "Unlock" module from the main software interface.
Step 2. Connect iPod to the computer
Connect your locked iPod touch to the computer through a USB cable and wait until the software detects it successfully. Subsequently, choose "Unlock iOS Screen" from the new screen.
Step 3. Put your iPod into DFU mode
Next, follow the on-screen prompts to put your iPod into "Recovery Mode" or "DFU Mode".
Step 4. Download firmware package
While getting into the mode, your iPod information will be shown on the interface. Check the information and click on the "Download" button to download the firmware package for this device.
Step 5. Unlock your iPod touch now
You need to input "000000" to confirm the unlocking. After that, tap on "Unlock Now" to begin the iPod unlock process. After the unlocking process is finished, your iPod will be rebooted, and you can then use it without a password.
You May Also Need:
- [Solved] How to Transfer Music Files from iPod to Android Phone?
- 5 Ultimate Methods to Transfer Music from iPod to iPhone 12/11/Xs Max/8/7
This method is not advisable in most situations unless you are sure you have backed up all contents of your iPod touch before. Using this method, the iPod touch must be synced with iTunes previously. Otherwise, it won't be recognized by iTunes.
How to unlock an iPod without knowing the password via iTunes by following the official procedures from Apple?
- First of all, download or update your iTunes to the latest version on your computer.
- Open iTunes and connect the iPod with your computer by using a USB cable. Your iPod touch will be detected by iTunes and shown in the left-side panel of the iTunes window.
- Click the iPod touch icon under the "DEVICE" section in the left panel, and navigate the Summary tab.
- Trace the Restore iPod button and click on it to begin the restoring.
- When the restoring process is finished, the iPod system will be restored and be unlocked successfully.
Using iCloud is also a possible solution to unlock iPod as long as you have enabled the "Find My [device]" option on your iPod. With a good internet connection, you can utilize this solution to unlock your iPod touch without passcode.
Steps for unlocking an iPod touch without password using iCloud:
- Visit icloud.com on your computer and sign in to the Apple ID and passcode you use on your iPod touch.
- Choose "Find [your device]" from the main screen of the website.
- Select "All Devices" at the top corner of the interface and all devices you have in this account will be displayed.
- Choose the name of the locked iPod touch.
- Tap "Erase", and your iPod will start to be reset. This will wipe out all data and settings on your iPod, including password.
- Touch ID Not Working on iPhone? 14 Fixes Are Here!
- How to Transfer Non-Purchased Music from iPod to iTunes
How to break a code on iPod touch when you forgot the iPod password without using third-party software? You can consider putting your iPod in recovery mode. This method will automatically remove the password or cancel the screen lock on the iPod.
Simple steps on how to unlock iPod without passcode in recovery mode:
- Launch the latest version of iTunes on your system.
- Plug your iPod into the computer using a digital cable. After the connection, boot it into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding down both the "Home" and side buttons altogether until the iTunes connect icon disappears on the screen of the iPod touch.
- Since now your iPod is in recovery mode, it will be detected by iTunes automatically.
- You will receive a pop-up message either to update or restore iPod.
- Choose "Restore", and iTunes will download the latest software for your iPod automatically.
- Wait for a while when the process is completed, you can set up your iPod as new.
You may have discovered that the common point of all the above solutions on how to unlock iPod touch without password is that it must be unlocked by restoring factory settings. Therefore, someone asked, "forgot iPod password how to fix it without a restore", because they are struggling to find a way to recover lost files from iPod. Unfortunately, there is no way to achieve it.
Among the above five methods, using iOS Unlock is the most reliable one. It is easy to operate and can ensure easy access to locked iPod touch, iPad and iPhone without a password. You can download it for free and try it out. Then, you will understand why this software is so popular.