Handy Methods for Switching from Android to iPhone [2023 Updated]
For the most part, switching from Android to iOS is a major decision for Android users. The idea of using the Apple ecosystem while leaving the open-source system can be both exciting and daunting. (What if Android crashes?) While some may feel frustrated by the complexity of the job, others might worry about losing data during the transmission.
However, switching from Android to iPhone straightforwardly without worries is possible with the right approaches. In this post, we will discuss four ways and additional tips to ease the transfer. Well, before going any further, let's see, "Is it worth switching from Android to iPhone?"
- Part 1: Things to Notice before Switching from Android to iPhone
- Part 2: How to Switch from Android to iPhone in One Click [Fluent]
- Part 3: How to Change from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS
- Part 4: How to Transfer from Android to iPhone with iTunes
- Part 5: How to Switch from Android to iPhone via Google
Part 1: Things to Notice before Switching from Android to iPhone
Should I switch to iPhone? Overall, switching from Android to iOS can be a mixed choice. And please make sure you consider the pros and cons before making the switch to ensure a smooth transition:
What will I miss switching from Android to iPhone:
- Data transfer can be a hassle.
- The Apple ecosystem can be compelling and alluring.
- You're restricted to using the App Store on iOS.
- Apple's customer service is superior to other providers.
- It could be a challenge to manage iOS files.
- You may miss some of your favorite Android features.
- Managing notifications on iOS can be frustrating.
- The lock-in with iMessage can be difficult to break away from.
- Some Google apps may not be as user-friendly on iOS.
- The camera experience on iOS is exceptionally polished.
- Customizing the layout of your device is more limited on iOS.
Want to know more disadvantages of iPhone over Android? Go through the tutorial - iPhone vs. Android to get more valuable references.
What will I get switching from Android to iPhone:
- Apps and games are optimized to a high degree on iOS.
- There is a wider range of accessories to choose from.
- iOS has a simpler interface compared to Android.
- Software updates are timely and consistently released on iOS.
- Seamless integration with other Apple devices;
- Superior camera performance.
- Stronger security and quality hardware.
- Better user experience.
You May Also Want to Know:
- Switching from iPhone/Apple to Android: 6 Methods with Pics
- Top 5 Android Backup Software to Back up Your Android Data
Part 2: How to Switch from Android to iPhone in One Click
MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Win and Mac) offers a reliable one-click solution to transfer content seamlessly without data loss. Running with two USB cables linking to your PC or Mac, this powerful cross-platform transfer software can copy large files between any two mobile phones easily and quickly while maintaining the file quality afterward.
What makes MobiKin Transfer for Mobile so conspicuous?
- Capable of switching from Android to iPhone seamlessly without any hassle.
- Transfer files across platforms, such as Android to iOS, iOS to Android, Android to Android, and iOS to iOS.
- Apply to items like contacts, text messages, call logs, music, calendars, notes, videos, photos, documents, apps, and more.
- It is user-friendly and ensures seamless transfer while maintaining the original data quality.
- Work well with various iOS devices, including Samsung, Huawei, Motorola, Asus, DELL, LG, Sony, Google, HTC, vivo, Xiaomi, iPhone 14/14 Plus/14 Pro (Max), iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't disclose your privacy.
A detailed guide for switching from Android to iOS via Transfer for Mobile:
Step 1. Install and launch this clever tool on your computer after the free download. Connect both Android and iPhone to the computer using USB cables. Then follow the on-screen instructions to ensure that the program recognizes the linked devices.
Step 2. Once recognized, confirm that the Android phone is on the left (source) and the iPhone is on the right (destination) of the interface. If not, click the "Flip" button in the middle to switch their positions.
Step 3. Select the types of data you want to transfer on the screen. Finally, click "Start Copy" to begin the transfer from Android to iOS.
Part 3: How to Change from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS
Should I switch from Android/Samsung to iPhone with the official Move to iOS app? Well, it depends. If you intend to use it for the Android to iOS transfer, please check out the following requirements first:
- Connect both your Android and new iOS devices to a power source.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi is enabled on your Android device.
- If you want to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, ensure you have updated to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device.
- Verify that the data you wish to transfer, including content on your external Micro SD card, can fit onto your new iOS device.
- Keep both devices close to each other during the transfer.
- Don't use either device until the switch is complete. (Move to iOS taking forever?)
Steps for transitioning from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS:
- On your iPhone, go to the "Apps & Data" screen during the setup process and select "Move Data from Android".
- On your Android device, download and install Move to iOS from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app on Android and tap "Continue." Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- On your iPhone, tap "Continue" on the "Move from Android" screen and wait for a code to appear.
- Enter the code displayed on your iPhone into the app on your Android device.
- Select the type of data you want to transfer, such as contacts, photos, and messages.
- Then tap "Next" to begin the transfer process.
- Wait for the transfer to complete. This may take some time, depending on the amount of data you're copying.
- Once the migration is over, your iPhone will display the "Transfer Complete" screen.
- You can then continue setting up your iPhone and use your newly transferred files.
- [Fixed] How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Factory Reset?
- 5 Ways to Restore iCloud/Google/iTunes Backup to New iPhone 14/13/12/11/X/8
Part 4: How to Transfer from Android to iPhone with iTunes
iTunes can be used to copy Android media to iPhone, but you must endure a complex and time-consuming process that erases existing content on your device. To do it, first, connect your Android phone to your computer and transfer the desired songs, photos, and videos to a new folder on the computer. Disconnect your Android phone and plug it into your iPhone. Afterward, open iTunes on the computer and follow the guide for going from Android to iPhone using this tool:
Transfer music from Android to iPhone with iTunes:
- Click on "File" and select "Add Folder to Library".
- Choose the folder you previously created and transfer the music to the iTunes library.
- Hit the "Device" tab and select "Music".
- Choose "Sync Music" and select either the entire library or specific songs before clicking on "Apply".
Transfer photos and videos from Android to iPhone with iTunes:
- Tap "File" and select "Add Folder to Library".
- Choose the folder you previously created and transfer the photos to the iTunes library.
- Click on the "Device" tab and select "Photos".
- Press the "Sync Photos" option and select the folder you created before.
- Choose "All folders" and select "Include videos" before clicking on "Apply".
What if you accidentally remove important items from your source phone? Fret not! Try to recover deleted files from Android without trouble.
Part 5: How to Switch from Android to iPhone via Google
Google provides services to help users transfer their data from an Android device to an iPhone, including contacts, calendars, and mail. Before changing from Android to iPhone, make sure your phones are associated with an active Google account. Next, let's see how to switch from Android to iPhone with Google:
- On your Android phone, go to "Settings" and select "Accounts"/"Add account".
- Tap "Google" and sign in with your Google account.
- Turn on syncing for "Contacts", "Calendar", and "Gmail" by toggling the switch next to each.
- Wait for the data to sync to your Google account.
- On your iPhone, go to "Settings" and select "Passwords & Accounts".
- Tap "Add Account" and choose "Google".
- Enter your Google account information and tap "NEXT".
- Turn on syncing for "Contacts", "Calendar", and "Mail".
- Wait for the data to sync to your iPhone. (If you have multiple Google accounts, repeat the steps above for each account to transfer all data across.)
As is known to all that an iPhone features a great camera, a simple interface, optimized apps, better support, and timely software updates. However, it has downsides, such as limited customization, higher accessory costs, etc. When figuring out "why switch from Android to iPhone" and deciding to do it, try any of the methods above to make the transfer with realistic expectations.
5 Methods to Take a Full Backup of Android Phone with/without Root
6 Smart Strategies for Screen Mirroring Android to PC with/without USB
An Essential Guide to Recover Deleted Data from iPhone with/without Backup
[Fixed!] How to Switch Android Phones without Losing A Thing?
Best 10 Android Desktop Managers to Manage Your Android Devices on PC/Mac in 2023
How to Recover iPhone Photos after Factory Reset without Backup [Must Know]