How to Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another [3 Tested Ways]
"My father and I share an Apple ID, and I need to get him his own since we both have iPhones now. Is there a way to easily transfer contacts to a new iCloud account?" -- from Apple Support Communities
When you get a new iPhone and use a new Apple ID or forget your current ID but wish to transfer contacts to the new iPhone/iPad, how to transfer contacts from one apple id to another may confuse you a lot. Well, primarily, is it possible to sync contacts between iPhones/iPads with different Apple IDs? OK, before going any further, we'd like first to cover it in the upcoming section.
- Part 1: Can I Sync Contacts Between iPhones with Different Apple IDs
- Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts from One Apple ID to Another Directly
- Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone with Different Apple ID via Transfer for Mobile
- Part 4: How to Transfer Contacts to New iCloud Account with iCloud.com
The good news is that there are a few ways to get contacts from the old iCloud account to the new one! Apple users are probably familiar with iCloud, which can be used to sync and manage iPhone contacts, text messages, photos, notes, calendars, reminders, etc. We can access those data on any iPhone/iPad so long as we log in with the same Apple ID/iCloud account.
And actually, you can even transfer contacts to a fresh new iCloud account from iPhone/iPad Settings without technical hassle. Next, we will come up with three methods below to make it, respectively.
You May Also Like:
- [Updated] How to Print Contacts from iPhone? It's a Cinch!
- Top 3 Ways to Transfer Contacts from iCloud to Android
To move contacts from one iCloud account to another directly, you need to log in to iCloud with two different iCloud accounts on the same device before a few simple operations. Yet, this can be a tedious process. Here's how to get contacts from old iCloud account directly:
- Back up iPhone contacts from one iCloud account by opening iPhone Settings > Apple ID.
- Enter one iCloud account and passcode.
- Go to "iCloud" and toggle on "Contacts" if it is not activated. If it has been already turned on, but you didn't see contact info backed up to your iPhone, you can reenable it.
- When you disable "Contacts", a prompt asks you if you wish to keep contacts on iPhone. Just select "Delete from My iPhone". While being reenabled again, iCloud contacts should be backed up to this device.
- Next, log out the iCloud account on the iPhone and sign in to another ID. (Want to reset the iCloud password on iPhone/iPad?)
- Navigate to "Setting > Apple ID" to select "Sign Out" and key in another iCloud account to continue.
- Finally, tap on "iCloud" and enable "Contacts".
Do you want to sync contacts between iPhones/iPads with different Apple IDs in one click? All you need is professional software like MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Win and Mac). With the assistance of this program, you can breezily transfer data between smartphones, regardless of the operating system they are running on.
Key highlights of Transfer for Mobile:
- Transfer contacts to a new iPhone with different Apple ID/iCloud account.
- Move files from Android to Android, Android to iPhone, and iPhone to Android.
- The supported data types: contacts, text messages, call logs, photos, music, videos, documents, and apps.
- Easy to use, clean interface, ads-free, fast processing, etc.
- Compatible with various Android and iOS devices, including iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPods, iPads, etc.
- It won't disclose your privacy.
How to transfer iCloud contacts to another iCloud account via Transfer for Mobile?
Step 1. Run Transfer for Mobile on computer
Have the downloaded program installed on your computer before running it. Attach your two iDevices to this computer via USB cables. Then follow the pop-up messages to let the devices be recognized.
Step 2. Confirm the source and destination iDevice
Once identified, this software displays the devices as "Source: XX" and "Destination: XX". Now, if they are placed in the wrong positions, click on "Flip".
Step 3. Transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another
From the file list in the middle of the screen, mark Contacts and then click "Start Copy" to transfer contacts to new iPhone with different Apple ID.
Check if You Need:
- How to Transfer Contacts from Computer to iPhone 13/12/11/11 Pro Max?
- 4 Ways on How to Remove Apple ID from iPhone without Password?
By falling back on icloud.com, you can easily get contacts from the old iCloud account to the new one if you have a computer available. Whereas it is easy to operate, it is inefficient to process with iCloud.
Now, let's discuss how to transfer contacts from one iCloud account to another with iCloud.com.
- Primarily, back up iPhone contacts to iCloud: On your iPhone with your old Apple ID, go to Settings > [your name] (Apple ID) > iCloud and enable Contacts. (iPhone won't back up to iCloud?)
- On your computer, go to the browser and visit iCloud web > Sign in to the original Apple account.
- Tap Contacts > Settings at the lower-left corner.
- Click Select All if you wish to export all contacts. You can also use Shift or Ctrl to select the contacts you need for transfer.
- Click the Settings again > select Export vCard. to download the contacts to this computer.
- Log in to another Apple account > go to the Contacts screen.
- Click the Settings > Import vCard. to choose the contacts exported from the original account.
OK, that's all for how to transfer contacts from one Apple ID to another. We are now sure that you could copy contacts across devices with any of the methods above. Honestly, for Apple users who feel tired of iCloud and its various annoying errors and lags, a no-iCloud way - using MobiKin Transfer for Mobile can offer you a better user experience. Finally, if you find this page helpful, please share it with your friends or family.