How to Transfer Files from Android to iPad Quickly in 2023?
iPad is one of the most popular portable tablets. You can watch your favorite videos, movies and photos on its large high-resolution screen. This triggered the idea of some people wanting to transfer files from Android to iPad. However, because Android and iPad run two completely different operating systems, we cannot directly transfer data between them. But as hard as it can usually be, it is also not impossible.
In this article, we will share with you five different ways to transfer files from Android to iPad Pro/Air/mini/4/2. We will also tell you the advantages and disadvantages of each method to help you choose the simplest and most effective one.
- Way 1: How to Transfer Files from Android to iPad via Phone Transfer
- Way 2: How to Transfer Data from Android to iPad via Move to iOS
- Way 3: How to Transfer Files from Android phone/tablet to iPad via iCloud
- Way 4: How to Move from Android to iPad with Google Drive
- Way 5: How to Send Files from Android to iPad via Email
The ideal way to transfer files from Android to iPad Pro/mini/4 should make the process easy and safe. Phone Transfer is a tool that will help you move multiple types of data between two devices, even if they are running on different platforms. This software has a user-intuitive interface that makes the transfer process as seamless as possible. The following is a break-down of the core features of Phone Transfer;
Phone Transfer - Transfer Files from Android to iPad with One Click
- Transfer various data types between two devices, including contacts, photos, videos, music, apps, and more.
- Flexibly transfer data from Android to iPad, and vice versa (See how to transfer data from iPad/iPhone to Android?).
- Works perfectly with Android and iOS devices, including Samsung, HUAWEI, HTC, LG, Motorola, Sony, etc, and all models of iPad like iPad Pro, iPad Air 1/2, iPad mini, The new iPad, iPad 4/2, etc.
- Supports all versions of the iOS and Android OS.
Want to know how to transfer data from Android to iPad mini/4/Pro by using Phone Transfer? Please download and install the program on your computer, run it and then follow the steps below;
Step 1: Connect devices to your computer
After you downloaded and installed the program, launch it connect your Android phone/tablet and iPad to the computer via USB. Once the program detects the two devices, you can see the main interface of the program like this;
Step 2: Check the devices' position on the program
The "Source Device" on the screen must be your old Android. If not, you should click on the dropdown to change the source device.
Step 3: Start the Android to iPad file transfer
Tick the file types you want from the left sidebar. For example, if you want to transfer photos from Android to iPad, you should tick off "Photos" and then click "Export to Device" to begin the process.
Wait for a moment, the transfer will be done without any data loss.
Check If You Need:
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Samsung (Practical in 2023)
- How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone? [6 Proven Tips in 2023]
Is it possible to transfer files from Android to iPad without computer? Move to iOS, an official app from Apple, is ready here for you to switch from your Android device to your new iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, without using a computer.
Before going any further, here are some preparations:
- Make sure the WiFi on your Android phone is turned on.
- Plug the two devices into the power.
- Make sure the content you are moving is fit on your iOS device.
- You should update to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device if you want to transfer Chrome bookmarks.
Note: Move to iOS would wipe all the existed content on your iPad. So, this method is much more suitable for you to move data from Android to iPad after setup. If you don't want to lose any data, you need to turn to Way 1.
How to transfer files from Android phone to iPad Pro/Air/mini via Move to iOS:
- Set up your iPad and look for the "Apps & Data" screen. Then, choose "Move Data from Android".
- On your Android device, download the Move to iOS app from Google Play Store and follow the prompts to install it. Then, launch it and tap "Continue".
- Read the terms and conditions, and tap on "Agree" > "Next" in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
- Turn to your iPad, tap "Continue" on the "Move from Android" screen and wait for a 10-digit/6-digit code.
- Enter the code on your Android device, and wait for the "Transfer Data" screen to appear.
- On your Android device, select the content you need to transfer and click "Next".
- When the loading bar finishes on your iPad, you can tap "Done" on your Android device. Then, tap "Continue" on your iPad.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish setup for your iPad.
You May Also Like:
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Android? - Top 5 Ways
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone [7 Easy Ways]
Many people ask me how to transfer files from Android to iPad through bluetooth? Can we AirDrop from Android to iPad? Unfortunately, the answer is no. It is still because of system incompatibility. Don't panic. Here I introduce another method to move Android files to iPad using iCloud. However, this method can only transfer contacts. Therefore, users who need the Android phone to iPad photo transfer should turn to other solutions.
- Visit the Gmail web page and sign in with the account that you used to sync your Android contacts.
- Choose "Contacts" and select "My Contacts" from the drop-down list. Then, select the contacts that you want to move to the iPad.
- After the contacts selection, click on "More" > "Export…" > Choose the "vCard" file type to save the contacts as a VCF file.
- Visit the web page of iCloud.com and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Choose "Contacts", click on the icon at the bottom left corner and choose "Import vCard".
- Now, open your iPhone and go to "Settings" > [your name] > "iCloud" > Turn on "Contacts". After that, you can see all Android phone contacts are listed here.
"How to transfer files from Android to iPad via WiFi using a cloud-based service"? Some people from the Apple Forum are curious about this issue. Well, definitely, Google Drive, with 15GB of free storage at signup, maybe the best option to meet your request. This process involves you first upload the files you need on your Android device to Google Drive, and then log in to the Drive with the same account on the iPad to access the files. Please follow the simple steps below;
How to transfer data from Android tablet to iPad using Google Drive:
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android tablet or phone, and tap on the "+" icon.
- Select "Upload" from the menu and select the files you would like to move to iPad. This will upload them to the Drive cloud.
- Now, open the Google Drive app on the iPad, and sign in to the same account you've just used on Android. After that, you're allowed to download any files to this iPad from the Drive.
We can also use Email to transfer from Android to iPad. But it may not be ideal if you have a large number of files to transfer, for the mail attachment content is limited to 15-25MB at a time usually. And the file types supported by this method are also minimal unless you have enough patience to take screenshots on Android for these unsupported file categories as email attachments, such as text messages and call logs.
To transfer files from Android to iPad using Email, you should;
- Start the Email app on your Android phone, log in to your account and choose "New Mail" or "Compose new mail" depending on the email service you use.
- Tap on the "Attach Files" button nearby the send button, to attach the files you want to transfer and send it to yourself.
- On your iPad, log in with the same email info and open the email you send from the Android device. Then you can download the attachments and save them to this iPhone.
The Bottom Line
As can be seen from the above, although we have many solutions to effectively transfer files from Android to iPad. However, some methods have strict requirements and restrictions on the type of files and the number of files to be transmitted. Therefore, it is easy for us to judge that Phone Transfer with the most excellent compatibility and tolerance is your ideal choice. If you have any questions or comments about the above data transfer solutions, please let us know in the message section below. Your feedback is always welcome on our website.