[Practical] Top 6 WhatsApp Backup Extractors You'd Better Know
WhatsApp, the most well-received instant messenger, plays a significant part in our lives, through which we can stay in touch with others for free. Yet, there are often situations where we may find the WhatsApp chat history is not accessible due to Android/iPhone factory reset, accidental deletion, jailbreak failure, Android system crash, etc.
Given that, you may be in need of an outstanding WhatsApp backup extractor since there's no official WhatsApp backup file reader online or offline to regain the WhatsApp conversations.
Well, just follow this guideline to learn the six best WhatsApp extractors for Android/iPhone. After that, you can weigh the pros & cons of each. And we hope this definitive guide helps you a lot.
- No.1 Best WhatsApp Backup Extractor – WhatsApp Transfer
- No.2 WhatsApp Backup File Extractor – iPhone Data Recovery
- No.3 WhatsApp Backup File Viewer - PhoneRescue
- No.4 WhatsApp Backup Reader - Tenorshare UltData
- No.5 WhatsApp Backup File Extractor - Dr.Fone - Data Recovery
- No.6 WhatsApp Extractor for Android - Backuptrans
WhatsApp Transfer, the world's 1st WhatsApp extractor for Android and iPhone, enables you to extract any WhatsApp file you lost somehow. And after the extraction, the original phone data won't thereby be overwritten. Furthermore, this wonderful tool also lets you back up, extract, and move data on other instant messengers.
Main features of WhatsApp Transfer:
- Extract WhatsApp backup to both Android and iPhone devices flexibly.
- Rapidly back up WhatsApp/LINE/Viber/Kik/WeChat messages and attachments to PC/Mac.
- Transfer WhatsApp data from Android to Android, iPhone to Android, Android to iPhone, etc.
- Apply to nearly all models of iPhones/iPads, covering iPhone 12, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, and 6000+ Android devices.
- It is completely private and secure.
Now, let's take iPhone WhatsApp backup extraction as an example to show you how to extract WhatsApp backup to your device:
Step 1. Run the program and select the correct option
Install WhatsApp Transfer, connect your iPhone to PC via USB a cable, and choose "Restore WhatsApp messages to iOS device".
Step 2. Choose WhatsApp backup for extracting
Choose one WhatsApp backup and click "Next". Alternatively, you can select a WhatsApp backup file and tap "View" to access the content of the backup.
Step 3. Extract WhatsApp backup to your device
The next window will display all the WhatsApp backup info. You can select the wanted files and click "Recover to Device".
- Easily extract social app files to your mobile with no data loss.
- The preview and selection options are available before file extraction.
- Completely clean and easy to use.
- Let you get the job done with less money.
- Not available for processing other data like contacts, call logs, etc.
- 1 Year License: $21.95.
- Lifetime License: $29.95.
- 10 Best iPhone Backup Software in 2021 for Windows PC/Mac
- How to Restore WhatsApp Chat History from A Broken Samsung/Android?
The second WhatsApp backup viewer is iPhone Data Recovery. This program can recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone without backup, and also support to extract WhatsApp data from iCloud/iTunes backup. Plus, you can use it to restore data, such as Kik, Line, Viber, Facebook Messenger, text messages, photos, contacts, call history notes, etc.
- Scans are fairly quick.
- Support more than 18 file types.
- Extract as much info as it can.
- Most features in the trial version are disabled.
- Only available for iOS devices.
- Single-user License (Lifetime): $55.96.
- 3-User License Lifetime: $132.
PhoneRescue is capable of extracting 31 file types, including WhatsApp data, photos, contacts, videos, songs, call logs, and more under various data loss situations. It is a lightweight WhatsApp backup file reader for Android and iOS. Again, it serves as an iCloud and iTunes backup extractor, too.
- Work on both Android and iOS devices.
- Support a wide range of file formats.
- Fix gadget issues that tend to arise after a system crash.
- Offer a free trial period.
- It may seem expensive.
- Take a long time to extract WhatsApp chats.
- 1 Year License: $49.99.
- Lifetime License: $59.99.
- Detailed Guide to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
- Full Guide to Fix WhatsApp Issues on Android Phone
The fourth WhatsApp backup file extractor is Tenorshare UltData. This utility can be used to troubleshoot common system problems, in addition to reading and extracting WhatsApp conversations and other files from iDevices. The exported data can be saved as a readable file. Moreover, this tool is readily available from iTunes Store.
- Allow you to preview files on its sleek interface.
- Enable you to preview WhatsApp conversations (sender, date, content, etc.).
- Organized partitions.
- No advanced features.
- Not available for Android devices.
- 1 Year License: $49.95.
- Lifetime License: $59.95.
As a remarkable WhatsApp backup file viewer and extractor, Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (iOS) gives you the freedom to easily extract WhatsApp messages from an iPhone backup or without backup.
This software also lets you extract data like videos, pictures, contacts, messages, notes, call logs, etc. To recover the data from an Android device, you have to download and install Dr.Fone - Data Recovery (Android) on your computer first.
- Run smoothly on almost all phones.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Include additional features.
- Have to pay before you know if it works.
- Not always possible to restore all WhatsApp backups.
- Start from $59.95 /Year (for iOS).
- Start from $39.95 /Year (for Android).
If you only want to go for a WhatsApp backup extractor for Android phones, Backuptrans could be a decent choice. It empowers you to extract your WhatsApp messages and attachments from the backup or move them around. Besides, you can search for keywords or phrases on its search bar to browse the info in a quick manner.
- Work for various Android devices.
- Extract WhatsApp videos, photos, messages, etc., from Android to PC.
- Not available for Mac.
- The free trial can extract only 20 WhatsApp chats from 1 contact.
- Personal Edition: $19.95.
- Family Edition: $29.95.
The Bottom Line
That's all about the 6 best WhatsApp backup extractors in 2021. OK, now we'll give a brief summary of the passage to aid you in getting more useful references:
- Generally, WhatsApp Transfer, PhoneRescue, and Dr.Fone - Data Recovery work for both iOS and Android devices.
- WhatsApp Transfer is an impeccable backup extractor for WhatsApp and other social apps that always help you get more with less. With this tool, you don't have to undergo a drawn-out procedure to extract the WhatsApp chats. And the saved content is completely readable.
In total, WhatsApp Transfer can certainly be the best WhatsApp backup extractor for you, all thanks to such great features as security, professionalism, data processing tech, and reasonable price.