Top 7 iPhone Backup Extractors Review for Windows/Mac
Suppose you are faced with data loss due to accidental deletion, forgotten password, device stuck/smashed, water damaged, phone broken, and the like. You actually need to find the best iPhone backup extractor to get back what you want. Yet at present, tools on the Internet are manifold with different performance. How do you tell from them? Again, if there are problems with the files recovered from the backup record, is it possible to restore lost data from iPhone directly?
OK, this article will address these issues by presenting 7 iOS backup extractors. Just keep reading, and hopefully you will be rewarded.
You would certainly need to extract data from the source like iCloud or iTunes backup, if the files on your iPhone get wrong or lost. Well, simply go for the best iPhone backup extractor - iPhone Data Recovery to make everything okay.
It also gives you the freedom to recover lost files from a functioning or broken iPhone directly, even without backup. And it serves as an iOS backup viewer and selector. Besides, this software is superior to similar products on the market, according to iPhone backup extractor reviews we gathered.
Main Features of iPhone Data Recovery:
- 3 professional recovery modes help you to recover data from iPhone, iTunes or iCloud backup files.
- Extract and retrieve contacts, call history, text messages, iMessages, photos, videos, WhatsApp/Kik/Line/Viber data, notes, etc. from iPhone.
- Easy to use and 100% secure. Work on overall PC and Mac computers.
- Run smoothly on various iOS devices (iOS 14 included), such as iPhone 12/11/11 Pro (Max), iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod, iPad, etc.
How to use the best iPhone data extractor?
Step 1. Launch it on computer after the download and installation. Now, take Recover from iCloud Backup File mode as an example. Here, just get into this mode, and log in to your iCloud account.
Step 2. Choose one iCloud backup file as you wish, and click Download button to download and extract the chosen iCloud backup record. Once done, Download button will be changed to Scan option, just hit it to scan iCloud backup.
Step 3. After that, you can preview all the files from the iCloud backup. Simply choose any of the items from the left pane. And press Recover button to extract them on this computer.
It also assists you to rescue data from the modes of Recover from iTunes Backup File and Recover from iOS Device. You can do this simply by referring to the above steps.
1: Assume your iPhone can't be restored from iPhone backup with iTunes, due to the forgotten password, you can choose to remove iPhone backup passcode at first.
2: If you go for Recover from iOS Device mode, you're supposed to connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable at first.
- 3 times higher success rate than its competitors.
- 3 easy steps result in rapid data scan and recovery.
- Restore 20+ files from iPhone/iPad/iPod, keeping the existing data on your device.
- Easy to operate and risk-free.
- It comes with a free trial.
- It's not a free program, but offers 30-day money back guarantee.
1. iBackup Extractor
iBackup Extractor, an iPhone backup explorer, gives you the power to locate and restore lost files from encrypted or unencrypted backup history. The supported types of data covers: contacts, calendars, photos, Internet browsing history, voice mails, call history, notes, SMS, MMS and iMessages, etc. Plus, it also helps to convert iPhone data to PDF, HTML, CSV or Text format, etc.
- Find and explore backups stored on computer.
- Enable you to extract desired backup files from iTunes backup.
- It's free trial can be used to recover several types of deleted iPhone files.
- The user interface design is not very friendly.
- It cannot read and extract data from iCloud backup.
You May Also Interested in:
2. iBackup Viewer
Aside from extracting data like contacts, call history, SMS, photos and videos, apps, iBackup Viewer also allows you to add Safari visit history and bookmarks to desktop Safari, save contacts as vCards files on disk, and export iMessages to PDF files for printing.
- Preview app files in different modes on computer.
- Free version can be used to extract data from unencrypted backups.
- Enable you to preview and analyze the stuff in iPhone backups.
- You can only extract files from encrypted backup with its Pro Version.
- Cannot extract iPhone content from iCloud backup.
3. iSkysoft - Data Recover (iOS)
iSkysoft - Data Recover for iOS empowers you to extract 16+ files, including contacts, text messages, WhatsApp data, call logs, multimedia files, etc. You can recover lost data easily in various scenarios with it. Before the extraction, You're empowered to preview and decide what to recover.
- Deliver Quality Check and Handy Filter features.
- Boast the ability to scan files quickly with Deep Scan mode.
- It is capable of processing data with various formats.
- It's unable to work properly on the latest iOS 14 at present.
- Files that are protected won't be extracted.
4. PhoneRescue for iOS
With the assistance of PhoneRescue for iOS, you're free to extract such data as contacts, videos, text messages, notes, pictures, safari history, voice memo, voicemail, app data, etc. You can do operations on its simple user interface on iPhone/iPad/iPod with various OSes.
- Recover 16+ types of files from iDevices.
- Extract your desired stuff after easy access and preview.
- It comes with iOS repairing tools in its paid version.
- Free version is unable to extract files from iTunes or iCloud backup files.
- Its Deep Scan mode is not recommended, for it might take hours.
5. AnyTrans for iOS
You can also avail of AnyTrans for iOS to extract contacts, call logs, messages, media files, etc. After your device is recognized by this tool, all your iTunes backup records will be displayed on the simple interface. And it also assists to help you extract data from iCloud Backup File mode.
- Give you the freedom to save the files as readable formats.
- Make a full restore for iCloud/iTunes backups.
- Deliver a clear and simple interface.
- Its trial provides with limited data extraction.
- It might take a long time to respond with some operations.
6. EaseUS MobiSaver
EaseUS MobiSaver gives you the ability to restore a variety of files, containing contacts, call logs, iMessages, notes, pictures, videos, calendar details, etc. If you're faced with the situation like phone lost, device damage, locked, jailbreak, iOS upgrade, you can extract your iDevice by making use of it.
- Enable you to preview your various lost files before extraction.
- Intuitive interface and easy connection.
- Support the latest iOS 14 and iPhone 11/XR/XS Max, etc.
- Recover limited types of data with its free trial.
- It might crash now and then.
1) What is iPhone Backup Extractor?
To put it bluntly, after backing up iPhone to either iTunes or cloud storage as iCloud, you've made a copy of iPhone data in encrypted form. When you're in need of retrieving these files for various reasons, you can access and read the encrypted items with the help of professional tools, and then extract them to your computer or iPhone.
2) Factors in Choosing a Great iPhone Backup Extractor
iOS is no less frequently updated than Android. An excellent tool should be compatible with the latest operating system and various PC or Mac computers. If a program you pick does not support the latest OS on iPhone, you may need to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13, which takes a certain risk.
- Easy to use
Top-notch programs always attach great importance to UI design. Take iPhone Data Recovery as an example, its interface has been constantly updated to give users the best UE.
- Free or Paid
I'm sorry to tell you that there are no remarkable extractors for free currently. The sophisticated design of high-end tools and continuous upgrading of functions add to the cost of labor. Most importantly, they should ensure the privacy of users at all times. Thus, it is more practical to look for a utility that is worth having more than to expect a free one.
These are 7 iOS backup extractors introduced to you today. In addition to the criteria for selecting software mentioned just now, we would like to stress that utilities like iBackup extractor and iBackup viewer do not support data extraction from iCloud backup files or without backup. Further, if you want to find a tool that suits you best, it is wise to refer to the advantages and disadvantages listed above.