Messenger Backup: How to Back Up Facebook Messengers for iPhone/Android?
If you are used to sharing experiences and opinions on social media, you probably know something about the Facebook Messenger app. You know, there are certain instances when you need to back up FB messages for later reference, such as reinstalling the app, switching Android phones/iPhones, or just doing Facebook Messenger backup to prevent conversations from permanent loss.
Well, you may be concerned about how to back up Facebook Messenger safely since FB doesn't come with a message backup feature for its users. OK, let's go through this post to learn how now.
So, what's the most excellent tool for Messenger backup on iPhone? iOS Data Backup & Restore is fully eligible for its reputation. This iPhone/iPad backup software features one-click encrypt/standard backups, selective backup/restore, and backup preview. What's more, it won't overwrite any data on your iDevice while performing file restore.
Key highlights of iOS Data Backup & Restore:
- Securely and quickly back up Facebook Messenger from iPhone to a computer.
- Restore iOS backup to a PC/Mac/iOS device.
- It also works for such data types as WhatsApp/Kik/LINE/Viber/WeChat/QQ data, text messages, call logs, contacts, notes, reminders, app documents, voice memos, etc.
- Selective backup, no data loss, and backup encryption. (learn some tips about Facebook messages encryption on Android?)
- Apply to overall iOS devices, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
Now, just FREE download this software and proceed to its user guide with us.
How to back up Facebook Messenger conversations on iPhone via the best Messenger backup tool?
Step 1. Run iOS Data Backup & Restore
Download and install the software on your computer. Run it and choose "iOS Data Backup & Restore" from its main interface. Then, connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
Step 2. Click iOS Data Backup option
Click on "iOS Data Backup" section and the software will detect your iPhone automatically. Now, you should unlock your iPhone.
Step 3. Select the backup mode
The software provides two backup options: "Standard backup" and "Encrypted backup". Choose either you need and click "Start".
Step 4. Choose data type(s) for backup
Tick on the box before the data types from your iPhone/iPad. For this topic, please mark the "Messenger & Attachments" option.
Step 5. Back up messenger messages and attachments
Click "Next" and select the destination to save the FB messenger backup onto your computer. The backup will then initiate immediately.
How to restore Facebook Messenger from the backup?
Quick look: connect iDevice to the computer > run the program and pick "iOS Data Restore" > click Start > select the backups you want from the list and tap "View Now" > checkmark the items you wish to restore > click "Restore to Device" or "Restore to PC".
- 4 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Messages on Facebook Messenger on iPhone
- How to Recover Facebook Messages from Android
How can I back up messenger on Android in a direct manner? Well, that's easy. You could simply work it out from the Facebook Settings, through which you'll be allowed to download Facebook messages from its server to keep a copy of your chat history.
How to back up Facebook messages on Android online directly?
- Log in to your Facebook account on a computer. (Facebook Messenger not connecting?)
- Click the triangle icon at the upper-right corner and choose Settings.
- On the left menu, click "General".
- Next, "Download a copy of your Facebook data" will appear on the incoming page; click on it.
- Tap on the green button on the new page to start the archive.
- You will then be asked to re-enter the password in the pop-up window.
- After that, click the "Start My Archive" button.
- An email collecting your info is sent to your inbox, and please hit the "Okay" button.
For those who only need to back up the particular conversation(s) from Android/iPhone, just do it from facebook.com. This method is a bit tedious, though it does works. And if you have a handful of chats to process, you have to repeat the same procedure.
How to back up Facebook messenger on iPhone & Android individually?
- Open your Facebook conversations in the chat window from "https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/".
- Select the conversation you want to save and scroll up the chat to load the old stuff.
- Keep scrolling up. Then take a break but don't lose the conversation page.
- Scroll till you get the info - "conversation started on this and this date".
- You now know there is nothing more to load. Double-click on any one word in the Facebook message window.
- Once the word is highlighted, right-click and go for "Select all" or press "Ctrl + A".
- You will notice the entire conversation that will have gotten highlighted.
- Quickly press "Ctrl + C" or right-click again and then click copy.
- Open a new "text document" and press Ctrl + V on it.
- Finally, save the file you just created.
If you get an error saying that you can't save it, simply select a different encoding type other than "ANSI". Other options of encoding could be Unicode, Unicode big-endian, and UTF-8.
You May Also Like:
Keeping message backups for Facebook can better preserve the content in case of possible data loss. Likewise, filing or archiving FB messenger gives you an option to save messages that you no longer want to show on the profile and recover them anytime. Then how to do it? Here it is:
- Connect your Android phone to WiFi or just turn on the cellular data.
- Sign in to your Facebook on the Messenger app.
- Go to the recent conversation list.
- Scroll down and select a contact.
- Long tap on the contact.
- Choose "Archive" from the pop-up note.
Wrap It Up
You might have Looked for hours on a tool or plugin that can back up Facebook messages but came out pretty much empty-handed. Judging from the above, iOS Data Backup & Restore is, obviously, the best bet for iPhone users, as it can back up your FB messages and attachments on an iPhone easily and flexibly. Assuming you are to back up messenger conversations on Android, simply follow the easy guide in the second part.