Samsung Kies Alternative - Best Alternative Tool to Manage Files on Your Samsung Devices
Summary: More and more people complains the useless of Samsung Kies on their desktop computer, and they want to find an alternative to play the role of Samsung Kies, such as backup contacts, media files from the device to computer, or manage APK files on Samsung phone or tablet and so on. Thus, we write this article to offer you the best Samsung Kies alternative software for Windows and Mac OS X respectively.
As it is known to all that Samsung Kies is an desktop application, which is developed by Samsung Mobile corporation and aims to help Samsung users to manage their Samsung phone or tablets on computer (Windows/Mac). People can use it to transfer files between the device and desktop computer freely, upgrade the operating system and so on. But actually, Samsung Kies are not works well as its slogans says. Thus, more and more Samsung users are tending to find an alternative tool to the Samsung Kies on their personal computer, but obviously this is also not a simple task.
There are lots of free alternative to Kies for your reference on the Internet, such as MyPhoneExplorer, MOBILedit, AirDroid and so on. However, almost all of them have some shortcoming, some of them can't help users backup their Android contents, while others require a steady network sitation. Some people think that's OK, but others may wish to find a 3rd desktop application, which have all managing functions and no require of network, so that they can use the tool to control their Samsung data as they like. If you are a person who belongs to the latter, then you can take a free trial on this MobiKin Assistant for Samsung or MobiKin Assistant for Samsung (Mac Version) by clicking the below icons.
Here is a simple introduction about the functions of the Samsung Kies alternative software:
1) Backup everything on your Samsung phone or tablet to desktop PC or Mac with one simple click, such as contacts, messages, apps, music, photo, video, books, and so on.
2) Add, deleted or edit your Samsung contacts information via PC.
3) Send messages to anyone you like on desktop computer without limitation. Mass texting are also supported here.
4) Install or uninstall APK files on Samsung phone or tablet freely.
How to Perform Samsung Kies Alternative Software on Windows or Mac OS X?
To save your time, here we'll take the Windows version as an example. After installing the program on your computer, you can directly launch it and connect your Samsung devices to the computer via its USB cable. Then you'll see an interface like below:
Tick the option of "USB debugging opened" and click "Next" to install USB driver to your PC if you have opened the USB debugging before. Otherwise, you'll be required to enable USB debugging as follow:
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
When your Samsung Galaxy Note or other device is recognized by the tool, you'll see the below interface:
Then, you can hit the options on the top menu to see the detailed contents and then edit, backup or add new files according to your own needs. For instance, you can click "Contacts" option to see the number list in the program, then you can click buttons like New, Delete, Backup Contacts, etc. to add new number, delete unnecessary contacts info or backup contacts to computer as you like.
As you can see, how easy the program works, and it is a standalone application, which can works well while you're off-line. Cool, right? So what are you waiting for? Just get the tool and start your all-new Samsung journey immediately!